Sign in to follow this  
Vrenrik

Shadow Priest Custom Spell

One in advance ...

This spell is just a suggestion and not planned for ingame (but i hope it will find a way in)

spacer.png

Shadow Bolt = 200%

Shadow Word: Pain = 30%

Example: Shadow Bolt with 185 INT370 damage / 371 INT = 742 damage

Shadow Word: Pain with 185 INT = 55,5 damage (lets round so 56) / 371 INT = 111,3 damage (lets round again: 111)

And should 200% too much for Shadow Bolt then 100%.

For the PvP Players

"Shadow Mastery" can be silenced and the caster will get the 2 minutes cooldown. With other words: Watch what they cast and stop it or pay with your life.

This is a cool concept and the fact you've put time and effort into making this is super cool!

BUT

Shadow builds are already incredibly strong in PvP, they do not need another big CD. 

It's a -1 from me I'm afraid!

A 45 sec duration spell with a 2 min cd, three shades casting shadowbolts every ~2 seconds that potentially do ~750+ damage each. That's over 2200 damage every 2 seconds man. Do you understand how OP a spell like that would be?

Cool concept for a spell I suppose; but my god.

scale it down to 75% if it's three shades that should be 225% of you int ever 2 seconds, so let's just say eye balling it 600-800 damage per 2 seconds, that would make it a lot more balanced but making it a very very good spell/talent/re for shadow priests.

You could just take Mirror immage, duplicate it, change model summoned and switch thair spells used at same spell power coefficient than the previous spells.

@Thismongrel + @SirGank

Why 2 seconds? i wrote 3 in the pic ...

ps "And should 200% too much for Shadow Bolt then 100%." it's near at the end of the sentence (above "For the PvP Players")

@Tekkies

It's ok i don't gonna be mad about your opinion.

The thing is so that i'm not only "working" (more planning) on this spell. I Have much more ideas about any class ingame (also not only shadow priest ...)

Posted (edited)

Wouldn't a possible simpler solution to this rather than making a whole new skill would be to add an epic or legendary RE.

Change Water Elemental to Ghostly Shade (Converts the model to the one you have in your pic.)
Converts Water Elementals attacks to Shadow abilities instead(Still benefits from talents and RE's that affect Water Elemental.)

Perhaps with some up/downside
Increases Cooldown but increases Duration.
Decreases Cooldown but decreases Duration.
Decreased base Dmg, but dmg scales off % Player Int.

Would in theory be easier to balance as it's working off the base of an existing skill.

Edited by Konis

that should work too but, at this point i must say ... i'm not a fan of this RE system (in my eyes a nice try to add the diablo style but not even close).