Kalethuzad

Naxxramas Feedback Thread

Hey Heroes!

I just wanted to create a thread so you can submit your feedback on each boss of Naxxrammas. Please provide as many details as possible so that we can improve them!

Anub'rekhan
Using blink will put you bellow the world.

Its not possible to use charge, no path.

Adds walk through/into walls, becoming impossible to target (LoS) while they continue to cast.

Posted (edited)

- Maexxna's web wraps are level 80 and are therefore almost impossible to hit. 

- Faerlina's poison bolt volley occurs a bit too frequently? When my guild tested her we wiped very quickly once she began to cast poison bolt volley.

- Anub'rekhan's insect swarm is interruptible I am pretty sure. This would make the fight trivial and focused only on interrupting the adds.

Edited by Tri

Posted (edited)

I got feedback on the thread title! - It's not called Naxxrammas It's Naxxramas :)

But as said, Anub room does not have proper pathing, so you can't charge, blink, and adds getting to unreachable places,
Maxxena webs are level 80 so can't get people out,

Edited by jungla

Faerlina's Rain of Fire ticks every 0.1 seconds, which instagibs everyone standing in it.

12 hours ago, jungla said:

It's not called Naxxrammas It's Naxxramas :)

Fixed

One other thing we noticed with Naxx, is the entrance is a little wonky.

If you walk out the portal, you get placed on the platform in EPL and then immediately get ported back into the raid. 

Posted (edited)

Ui! We tested Heigan and Loatheb today.

Heigan:

Bugs:

- His AoE during the dance phase has a to large radius. It damages player on the lower ground if they come to close to the platform, creating an invisible death zone.

Overtuned:

So after a few tries we thought we could actualy kill him but than had to realize, that when the second dance starts, he casts his eruption in the entire room.

Is this intendet ? If yes its a 4 minute berserk and with that a monster of a dps check. That would mean with 6 dps everyone needs constant 3K dps to bring him down even while the dance is happening.

Loatheb:

Bugs: None seen.

Undertuned:

We killed him first try with 9 man and half of our group didnt even did the fight on retail. Loatheb itself did 0 tank damage. A big part of impending doom was soaked by shields. The time window to heal up the group looked good. We no brained the spores, just killed them onsight, didnt stack up so everyone would get it, so i dunno how much uptime everyone had on them.

Since Loatheb is a DPS Check, and Impending Doom serves as a soft enrage it would maybe a nice mechanic to let the Spores increase the damage taken from impending doom for a set ammount of time, so you actualy need to look out for them. like having two groups of dps tht rotate to pick up spores to get the maximum damage increse from them while not be insta killed by impending doom cause you just smashed 2-3 in a row.

Edited by Vedartha

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Skray said:

One other thing we noticed with Naxx, is the entrance is a little wonky.

If you walk out the portal, you get placed on the platform in EPL and then immediately get ported back into the raid. 

Noticed that one today. I made sure someone sent it (new coords) to Kale to get that fixed asap.

Edited by Treasure Goblin

Noth spawns and walks through the walls of his room.... never to return :D 

Heigan: Read vedarthas post :o 

Loatheb: Undertuned, I was honestly paying more attention to netflix than to the boss, downed it first try (with 9 people lul?) -- The blizzlike mechanics are fun, but it should be a tough dps check and a bit more pressure on healers (while also remembering that they only get a really short window to heal in) 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sky said:

Noth spawns and walks through the walls of his room.... never to return

Noth: "Fuck this shit iam out" xd

So i want again point at Loatheb and give a sugestion how to improve the fight:

1. The Spores.

When we tested it, we just killed the spores on sight. We did not stack up to get as many player the buff as possible, so not everyone got a 100% uptime. For our healers, they found the fight extremly easy to heal, even with impending doom comming up faster over time and just having the 7 seconds window t heal.
The Spores work like this: You kill them, they apply a buff to everyone arround them thats grant a 50% crit buff and causes all actions to not generate threat. That last for 2 minutes. So before this buff would disapear, two more spores spawn.

This is my sugestion:
Instead of making the Spore buff a 50% crit chance, reduce it to (example) 20% and make it stack up. In addition let every spore also apply a debuff, increasing damage taken from impending doom by (example) 20%. While the Crit buff lasts 2 minutes, let the impending doom debuff only last 1 minute, so he runs out before the stackable crit buff.
That would lead to the raid having to look out who kills the spores and who gets the buff, needing to coordinate players to get as many stacks of the crit as possible, while having to look out for the impending doom debuff.

Example:
The Raid splits the dps in 2 groups. Group 1 and 2.
The fight begins and the first spore spawns (Spore A).
Group 1. Kills Spore A = 20% Crit and 20% more damage from impending doom.
Spore B spawns - Group 2 kills the spore and gets buff/debuff. Shortly after, the debuff from Group 1 fades.
Spore C spawns - Group 1. kills the spore - Gets second crit buff = 40% total and ones again takes 20% more damage from impending doom. Shortly after, the debuff from Group 2 fades.
Spore D spawns - Group 2 kills the the spore....

2. Tank damage non existend and the tank does nothing than just standing arround.

This is something completly custom. So i know from retail, Loatheb hits like a sissy to avoid random tank deaths, you cant do annything against cause necrotic aura prevents from healing.

I have a simple sugestion, to bring in something to do for the tank:

Every time impending doom kiks in, Loatheb gets a Buff, increasing his Physical damage done by (example) 20%. Stacking up infinite.
In addition, every second Spore that spawns, another, but larger Spore spawns. If this "tank" spore is killed, it applys a buff to all player arround it, reducing Physical damage taken by 90% for two minutes.
By this the tank needs to look out for something and has something to do. 

Edited by Vedartha

So im a bit confused, Spiderwing in Naxx, was pretty damn good for a first testing, bosses had new mechanics that were fitting etc,

But we just tested Plaguewing, and ehm where is the "custom" stuff? Noth spawned adds faster and faster, Heigen just faster dances(?), Loatheb we didn't bother to test as Oak already said it was Undertuned.

If the intent of this wing was not to get something extra that is fine (i just expected something as everything else has had something "custom from bwl and up"
(BUT if they are intended to have custom mechanics, so am i getting real worried of the overall Naxx dev progress, If you are willing to let people test Plaguewing in its "early" state)

3 hours ago, jungla said:

Heigen just faster dances(?)

Heigan had slight changes, the 50% HP reduction was changed to a 40% slow and a new debuff was added thats a 90% slow as well... but really yeah it was just a sped-up-Heigan with the most frustrating change imaginable added to it. Not really that exciting or creative, fucking with the dance by speeding it up as well as adding slows is just meh. Could've been so much better :(

3 hours ago, jungla said:

Noth spawned adds faster and faster,

Is that all they changed on Noth? Yikers :(

Plague wing = big let down :/ 

Heigan cast increase debuff range was also 30 yards instead of 20 in 10 man.

In retail it was 20 yards in 10 man and 30 yards in 25.

@Vedartha that was probably a bad metric for tank damage on Loatheb, lol. PW:S breaks that fight, even moreso with the 5set 2.5. If a group doesn't have PW:S the tank damage probably would be a bit tight.

5 hours ago, Skray said:

Heigan cast increase debuff range was also 30 yards instead of 20 in 10 man.

In retail it was 20 yards in 10 man and 30 yards in 25.

Pretty sure it was not 30, as i played frostbolt with 30 yards and i could avoide it, maybe its something like 25-28ish yards? 

On 4/7/2019 at 6:04 AM, Sky said:

Noth spawns and walks through the walls of his room.... never to return :D 

I disabled his pathing for now.
It is working on the development realm, so it probably just needs to be ported onto PTR also.

Posted (edited)

Any chance of getting PTR set to low-risk ruleset so we can Summon inside of Naxx / use the porta-bank inside of Naxx as well? :) ((OR just allowing those items to be used on PTR))

Edited by Sky

Missing maps issue, not entirely sure why this has not been addressed yet.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:43 PM, jungla said:

But we just tested Plaguewing, and ehm where is the "custom" stuff?

The design philosophy has changed since AQ and below. There was no intention to bloat Naxxramas with custom mechanics as the go-to thinking was previously.

Furthermore, the PTR is subject to change, and it is possible that some mechanics might not be working correctly or not at all.

On 4/9/2019 at 2:59 AM, Treasure Goblin said:

Missing maps issue, not entirely sure why this has not been addressed yet

This was fixed on dev realm. Should also have been pushed and fixed on PTR

So naxx development seems to have really slowed down, at least from the perspective of a player. We went from rapid wing releases to one wing in over a month (and one that felt rushed at that)

Can we get an update on the status of development, on the release schedule for PTR wings, and a more accurate release than Dutch saying "I updated the timeline, it's accurate now!" in world chat and the timeline saying May (which obviously isn't happening) :) 

seasonal ain't in aq yet so after that they close it and then make naxx so I'm expecting September relese ... 

17 minutes ago, Vight said:

seasonal ain't in aq yet so after that they close it and then make naxx so I'm expecting September relese ... 

seasonal is never going to get to aq, with wildcard only it's pretty much impossible to get through all of bwl with out some serious mechanics handling.