Sign in to follow this  
Voodooman

New PVP system!

Posted (edited)

Hello everybody! This is the wrong place to put it but it is an issue.

So alliance on andorhal is facing a big issue and that is world PVP.

The main issue is that we cant take part in the events like the current invasions. This is because its used for the top horde guilds on andorhal like OAK LLC and Exiles to gank and stop alliance from having fun, enjoying the events and gearing up. Last 10 invasions ive tryd to join in on or even get major rank, has resulted in being ganked for 5 minutes and then not even getting to major. simply cause horde think its fun.

Both the big guilds on alliance has this problem, Class and The people and its realy ruining our experiance here, the hordes who read this will probly say we suck and need to get better, but we cant compete cause they have AQT/BWL gear Optimized speccs to go with it, which makes it almost impossible for a 10m raid to survive their 10m gank raids.... And are soley doing it to ruin the experiance for alliance and farm necrotic runes.

And i do understand its part of the game, But the option should be there, if there was a pve server i would transfer there. 

I will point out that this is a follow up problem from the AQ events, that Perth now known as sky, created even tho he might not be involved now.

One of the solutions we have discussed in The people and also my idéa is the Opposit of the season ability: Criminal intent And for the sake of it lets call It; Peace treaty.

Once Peace treaty is activated you cant engage in pvp or get in short terms ganked or Gank others. 

This will help alliance sence at this moment this realm is very horde heavy and for us who loves alliance, it will makes us able to attend Events such as Invasions.

BUT Peace treaty is one of the options we can use. but there should be a reward for NOT using it. That is maybe x2 bonus exp on top of the current x2 and also you should be more rewarded then this maybe increased drop rates or something.

And also if this is used you should also try and let ppl get glory in battle grounds from kills again as a bonus i guess. 

All hordes will say this is a bad idea, but most alliance will probly agree.
If nothing is done ppl on alliance will either stop playing completly or transfer to horde, then u cant do WPVP either. <- this might be what the devs want.

It should be the option of the player not the developers.

And honor zone wont help. they will just go at you one by one instead...if the first one does fail..

I hope something in the future solves this ASAP cause it is a real issue. 

AND Instead of just saying no, come up with an idéa to make it enjoyable for both sides and not just horde.

Edited by Voodooman
Made it abit more clear and changed a few things.

Or, we move all The People and Class to horde, so de facto we can at last have a PvE server :D

(And I would lol if people really start rerolling horde, cutting out all possibility to world PvP)

Moved to the correct area!

- Riko

Posted (edited)

All we need is this to get upvoted to space! AND BEYOND!

Edited by Voodooman

13 hours ago, Voodooman said:

OAK LLC and Exiles to gank and stop alliance from having fun

just get good 4head

In all seriousness, Andorhal is still a pvp realm, people enjoy PvP, if you suck at it you can't then turn around and demand the system be changed. Sorry :) 

git gud. For real though, on your standard invasion you do NOT have a bloody raid full of aqt geared, pvp specced players.

I would stay away from UNO members and just get rank, you're about 75% more likely to succeed getting major.

Think this is a pretty good idea, basicly if you dont want to pvp you turn it off but instead of getting the 2x exp from ther server you get 1.5x exp. This way you are encouraged to keep it on but at the same time you can turn it off to enjoy pvp.

Yes some people like pvp but there are also others that dont, and sadly as the server stands all of horde are the pvp lovers. This is causing some pretty large balance issues, where it is normally a 5 v 1 in favor of the horde all the time. This makes world events, like the invasion unplayable for allaince as horde will camp and chase everyone away. Sadly for pvp, the classless systems breaks it horribly and frankly makes it not as fun as retail used to be as you run into way too many broken builds.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Drakenor said:

where it is normally a 5 v 1 in favor of the horde all the time

17 minutes ago, Drakenor said:

Sadly for pvp, the classless systems breaks it horribly and frankly makes it not as fun as retail used to be as you run into way too many broken builds.

Two funny points here, every invasion I've been to where there was pvp action has been more alliance players than horde, however alliance players are dumb, they engage in PvP and then ignore healers, try and zerg tanks and forget how pvp works. Leading in to my second point, people who don't play a lot and clearly lack skill then going to the forums and complaining about players who play a lot and have at least some form of skill is like a Silver 1 player in CSGO complaining that the game is broken because a Global Elite player stomps them.

Stop complaining, start getting gud 4head. "The Horde" as you like to collectivise us, didn't get this gear by complaining on the forums. Imagine all the invasions you could've taken part in if you'd spent less time writing this and more time playing.

Edit: Clarification of the first sentence 

Edited by Sky

One thing to know for invasions, is once you get major rank you can leave the area and still get a reward.

I think one strategy ally can take is to sit on the far side of the invasion away from horde and quickly farm to major and then leave to the next invasion.  When horde clear it, you'll still get your chest, and you can be working on major at the 2nd location. While horde are trying to get every member major at the 1st.

Another strategy would be to wipe the horde with the mobs.  Multiple banshees usually means a wipe, ally could have a few people pull mobs into the horde to wipe their group.

The big thing I've noticed about the horde invasion groups is that they tend to be so large they're fairly uncoordinated, so pulling more mobs is pretty effective.  And it'll give the alliance some time to farm mobs while horde respawn and regroup.

Look if we do Invasions, we get peeps on Disc or usely have a Raidlead making calls :P "HOLD THE GATE!" xd "HODOR!"

35 minutes ago, Sky said:

Stop complaining, start getting gud 4head.

Love hos this started as a valid discussion untill "The Horde" showed up and started puffing their chests and yelling git good at everyone. This is the mentality that is causing all the issues, instead of being constructive and finding a solution. You yell and defend the way things are only because your on top. Guarantee this discussion would be opposite if alliance was thrashing every horde player that tried to enjoy the game.

Lil tidbit: I'm a chestpuffing horde (snicker), I played a horde alt during aq invasions when you had full 40man allianceraids at every other spawn. You know what? Not once did I go on the forums and complain about it: as suggested - get rank and leave, or just straight up get to next location while the horde is clearing. 

You got your 'constructive solution' 2 posts above yours.

1 hour ago, Sky said:

just get good 4head

In all seriousness, Andorhal is still a pvp realm, people enjoy PvP, if you suck at it you can't then turn around and demand the system be changed. Sorry :) 

Says perth purge or watever your old name was... yes, but did i not predict that some hordes would come in and say just that? hmmmm?

Just now, Foibos said:

Lil tidbit: I'm a chestpuffing horde (snicker), I played a horde alt during aq invasions when you had full 40man allianceraids at every other spawn. You know what? Not once did I go on the forums and complain about it: as suggested - get rank and leave, or just straight up get to next location while the horde is clearing. 

You got your 'constructive solution' 2 posts above yours.

yes that is one way of doing it, problem is, oak goes 2 both and camp em. get rank on both and then kill bosses...+ farm necrotic runes.

Making an option to opt out of pvp in the world would mean queuing in line for questmobs for dailies, no way to fight over gathering nodes, no epic clashes around raid entrances. Go play chess, no risk of getting ganked.

OAK goes to both and camps them. With our 60players online at all times. No srry, we're 120 24/7 geeks.

The reason we come here saying 'get good' is cuz you were a.... wonderful human being claiming that's what we'd do. Cuz you know, ending an arguement with "anyone who comes here disagreeing is a part of the problem/dumb" is a pretty... epic thing to do.

10 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

Says perth purge or watever your old name was... yes, but did i not predict that some hordes would come in and say just that? hmmmm?

Man if you stopped being a crybaby and started getting good you could've got some epic loot by now

ITs for the ppl who dont enjoy PVP.. I dont gank every horde i c.. yet when i do this they desides to gank me? the mentality of a cunt.  but back to the issue alliance cant enjoy events and the solution increase the glory/honor in BGs, but allow the player to choose if they wanna pve or pvp atm its not a choice its forced. and ofc all you hordies are against this cause you know that most alliance would wanna use it. 

I also suggest that we need a reward system for NOT using it, it can realy be whatever... and u say it will be queuing for qmobs? lies, havent seen a horde in awhile when im doing em..

40 minutes ago, Skray said:

One thing to know for invasions, is once you get major rank you can leave the area and still get a reward.

I think one strategy ally can take is to sit on the far side of the invasion away from horde and quickly farm to major and then leave to the next invasion.  When horde clear it, you'll still get your chest, and you can be working on major at the 2nd location. While horde are trying to get every member major at the 1st.

Another strategy would be to wipe the horde with the mobs.  Multiple banshees usually means a wipe, ally could have a few people pull mobs into the horde to wipe their group.

The big thing I've noticed about the horde invasion groups is that they tend to be so large they're fairly uncoordinated, so pulling more mobs is pretty effective.  And it'll give the alliance some time to farm mobs while horde respawn and regroup.

This i know  but its not as easy as u might think. during the days and evenings, oak farms the necrotic runes and gank for fun which means before u can even reach private or even major u get ganked til u have a 2 minute ress time...

3 minutes ago, yojored said:

Please no, this is a stupid idea.

i agree if they changed this i would quit

Instead of just saying no, come up with an idéa to make it enjoyable for both sides and not just horde.

Ill have to agree with Voodooman, instead of yelling get good and how much one side is good or bad at pvp. Lets come up with a solution so both sides can enjoy the game together.

Posted (edited)

I can somewhat relate to this so therefor i agree with something can be changed for the better.
The events could have been designed better.
Right now its to favorably for the people who camps / zerg the events .
Same thing happen on LS invasions and with Crows Cache.
And with alliance population to me looks like mostly new players i have no doubt that invasion events on Andorhal turns into a one way Slaughterfest for the horde.
There got to be a way which can provide content and reward for both sides while still have somewhat active pvp.
Tryant

Edited by Tryant
added Invasions to the text