nuggettis

Suggestions for a MASSIVE giveaway for recruiting before season 3

Why hello there, friends and foe, heroes and heroines! Tis I, Nuggy the friendly enchanter 😛

It has come to everyone's attention that the next season, which is wildcard only, won't be played by all players. It seems 50% want to and 50% dont. Not everyone(or most) will play like the previous season. So the main concern for people who wont play it is that the legacy servers will be too empty to do anything. So I have come up with an idea that could help to solve this issue! We need some incentive to invite more people into ascension servers! My proposal on discord was to have a massive giveaway for the person who recruits the most people, with crazy giveaways! @Kaladin likes this idea and has suggested that rather than it be an individual winner, we could make it a guild wide winner! I think this is a great idea! So the guild who recruits the most new players wins the event for a massive giveaway! 

I am writing here now to ask the community to help come up with some ideas for what the prize could be :) some of my ideas were something like, everyone gets 1 of each of the DP items from the ascension shop or 200dp each. Guild wide exp/reputation gain for a week or 2. Guild wide unique title, pet and mount. A set of gear that gets burned in 2 weeks which is the top tier ilvl, and cannot be dropped in world so you can safely farm for 2 weeks. Imagine having that for your whole guild!? I know <Orc Pack> would 😛

Once the prize suggestion has been confirmed by GMs then we can start the hunt for new heroes and start this event! We'll need the ascension team to post on Twitter so we can share, and come up with a way to legitimize the event so people don't cheat. Cheating would be foolish anyway, as you would lose in the end by not having more people on the servers. We could have a new DP item made which is free and designed for the event. RAF2 for all guild masters or Orcfficers (officers :p) to hand out so we know which guild has been recruiting. 
   Even if your guild doesn't win, everyone will win in the end by having a greater population on this awesome server :) what do you think, heroes?! I know I'd love to see another 300 people on 😛

Please support this thread by sharing with others in the community :) I'm eager to see the ideas some of you come up with! 

Thank you friends and foe! I shall see you on the battlefield! 

-Nuggy

Recruiting sounds great, I'd love to see new players, however, I think the problem here lies in the season design itself.

Wildcard is just not fun, you get random spells which most of the time are completely useless. I've seen people with bear form with no abilities that have any synergy whatsoever. The main objective of wildcard was to get tame beast then just let your pet do all the work.

If the system was given an overhaul, for example no longer have 1TE spells, or useless spells, non-combat spells it might be a lot better. I'd like to see a possible change where a player can select from a pool of spells, perhaps 3/4 spells are selected and they can pick one. This would allow players to craft and actual meaningful build, rather than just random stuff thrown together that feels incredibly clunky.

I can't stress that the amount of new players who for one have no idea how to make builds, and that will get steamrolled by mobs and other players over and over because for one they have no understanding of the system, and also no understanding of how to play with useless spells, will not find this enjoyable.

I myself levelled to about 30 on season 2 as a wildcard, recieving about 3/4 abilities I actually used in my main rotation that whole time.

That's just my two cents anyway.

TL;DR

Wildcard needs an overhaul and less useless / non combat abilities. New players will find it hard to stabilise in a useless build.

12 hours ago, Tekkies said:

I'd like to see a possible change where a player can select from a pool of spells, perhaps 3/4 spells are selected and they can pick one. This would allow players to craft and actual meaningful build, rather than just random stuff thrown together that feels incredibly clunky.

+1

A well working bugfree server which offers the player enough incentive to log in every day and a server which also offers a great communication between the player and the staff will market itself. Theres no such thing needed as players trying to do the owner of the servers job. Besides your idea being very easy to Exploit and almost offers no real tracking of how many "real" and unique new players you might have brought i dont think its the right path to venture.

Quite frankly all the above stated points which in my opinion makes a server a good one are simply not present for quite a while. Everything the playerbase was concerned in (late) Summer of 2018 came true and now the Bill for not listening to the community is on the table. The introduction of seasonal realms made everything even worse. The short sighted quick cashgrab will never work to bind a player to a server for more than a couple of weeks at most. 

50 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

A well working bugfree server which offers the player enough incentive to log in every day and a server which also offers a great communication between the player and the staff will market itself. Theres no such thing needed as players trying to do the owner of the servers job. Besides your idea being very easy to Exploit and almost offers no real tracking of how many "real" and unique new players you might have brought i dont think its the right path to venture.

Quite frankly all the above stated points which in my opinion makes a server a good one are simply not present for quite a while. Everything the playerbase was concerned in (late) Summer of 2018 came true and now the Bill for not listening to the community is on the table. The introduction of seasonal realms made everything even worse. The short sighted quick cashgrab will never work to bind a player to a server for more than a couple of weeks at most. 

What Peel2g says here is the perfect summary of past seasons and issues with the server in general. People dont stick around because the server isnt really good atm, i know myself and many of my guild mates only raid logs. The PvP isnt fun anymore, its heavly unbalanced and the introduction of 1v1 zones ruined all the fun fights. My pref in wow has always been 3v3 because of the arena format but its the same in world, having small group fights is way more fun and skill capped then doing either 1v1 or 10v10. I would say 1v1 zones is what ruined ascension pvp for me.

Seasonal servers were a great idea but poorly executed i think the amount of people who stick around after the season proves my point.

5 hours ago, Jetski said:

What Peel2g says here is the perfect summary of past seasons and issues with the server in general. People dont stick around because the server isnt really good atm, i know myself and many of my guild mates only raid logs. The PvP isnt fun anymore, its heavly unbalanced and the introduction of 1v1 zones ruined all the fun fights. My pref in wow has always been 3v3 because of the arena format but its the same in world, having small group fights is way more fun and skill capped then doing either 1v1 or 10v10. I would say 1v1 zones is what ruined ascension pvp for me.

Seasonal servers were a great idea but poorly executed i think the amount of people who stick around after the season proves my point.

Let's keep buffing casters and nerfing melee. PvP is in a great state and balanced btw.

Posted (edited)
On 3/28/2019 at 11:01 PM, Tekkies said:

I'd like to see a possible change where a player can select from a pool of spells, perhaps 3/4 spells are selected and they can pick one.

That's a really good way to go about it. THE RNG MUST AND SHOULD HAVE BEEN CONTROLLED. A "Single Draft" choice should not be that hard to do. My idea was to have 3 buckets of spells - the op (pets and demons, stances, thunder clap, windfury wep etc), the OK (dmg and heal spells, buffs), and the shit. Then have a real algorithm that guarantees a non-shit spell to follow after you get a shit spell, maybe also guarantee a shit spell after an op one. But that sounds like it's more work, although the draft pick requires a proper UI so I dunno.

Edited by MonkaS