Sign in to follow this  
Hexent

Birth Of A New Server

Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

First of all I want to mention that I'll be posting this in the Veteran Suggestions section as well but have decided to post here so you (the regular player) can input your opinion on this. Should you choose to reply PLEASE be civil and try to discuss the topic at hand if you dislike this suggestion. Do not try to invalidate anyone's opinions by discrediting those who have them. If you are incapable of being civil please just limit yourself to a "I Agree" or "I Disagree". If you've been using the forums for a while you know how toxic discussion can get sometimes and why I ask this.

Second! I am posting this as though it is a Dev update or patch notes. Be you a developer or player you are more than welcome to pick a specific idea and discuss it on its own. Also keep in mind that I don't expect all these ideas to be implemented at once...or any of them for that matter. I guess this is just as much of a suggestion as it is a fantasy. Oh and don't bother telling me how much work all this would take to make reality. I KNOW. I know more about game development than your average bloke.

Introducing the Zenith realm

Greetings heroes! I am pleased to introduce our new realm called Zenith! We've mentioned redefining the foundations of Ascension more than a couple times now. However despite our ambitions the following changes we made felt more like graffiti on a wall than a proper structural renovation. This is where our new server Zenith comes in. Below you'll find that Zenith is very different from what we have tried in the past and while we aren't sure if we'll keep it as a permanent option along side our already existing legacy servers or close it down after a while like one of our past seasonal realms we can assure you that any progress made will be kept via character transfers. I hope you enjoy what we brewed up for you!

Cross-faction questing and player interaction
While there is still tension between The Horde and The Alliance you'll find that your choice of race will no longer limit what quests you can do or which players you can call allies. You can even talk to and use the services of npcs in cities that would normally have you killed. But be warned, while you may find more allies to help you during your adventure you may also find more enemies thanks to our next feature.

Law system improvements

Or perhaps we should call it an overhaul? The Conflict between The Horde and The Alliance has simmered down causing both sides to drop their guard. Realizing this multiple opportunistic criminal organizations have taken it upon themselves to strive for more ill-gotten gains. Will you venture to one of the many criminal strongholds throughout Azeroth in search of infamy or will you endeavor to provide aid to one of the city law enforcement agencies? Choose carefully! Criminals and Law enforcement do not get along and you'll find switching sides is no easy feat. Rising through the ranks of either can be achieved through custom daily quests or pvp kills. Reaching exalted status of The Law or The Criminals will allow you to purchase a unique set of gear and a handy utility item depending on your alignment with the law and which group you purchase it from. E.g. Sentinel Armor if you are a champion of The Law or Druids of the Pack/Scythe Armor if you've become infamous. Each race has their own law and criminal organization too so you will be rewarded greatly for your effort.

High-Risk mode

High risk is now a toggleable feature! High-Risk can be turned on or off with the help of a special NPC in major cities or in criminal strongholds every 72 hours. Turning High Risk mode on will grant you the following bonuses BUT will cause you to drop some items and gear upon death if not within a dungeon or raid instance. 4x XP gain, 4x Reputation gain, 2x money looted, and items will not become soul bound unless equipped or if high risk is turned off again. Will you put your life on the line for the sake of great riches or play it safe?

Lowered default experience gain rate
Considering how many more quests are available now with cross-faction questing we have decided to lower the rate at which you'll gain experience. Yes we realize some of you may find this frustrating at first but we think you'll learn to enjoy the journey and maybe do some quests you've never thought of doing. If the experience gain is too slow for your liking you can always turn high risk on to speed things up.

Inscription and Jewel crafting Enabled!!!
That's right heroes! You can now learn and use the inscription and jewel crafting professions! But we took it a step further! Enchanting Vellums can be used with the RE system! That's right, with this profession now available you can put your Random Enchantments onto an enchanting vellum like you would with any piece of gear and sell it on the auction house or give to your friends. We suspect the RE market will be booming thanks to this change.

Jewel crafters will also find that their jewelry has a little more oomph too! You can now craft rings and necklaces that can hold NOT ONE but TWO random enchantments! However any Jewelry with two REs will not have any other stat bonuses.

PVP related crafting recipes

Each gathering profession (and some production professions) now grant you the ability to harvest resources from dead players to use towards crafting pvp gear. E.g. Skinning - Noob Hides, Herbalism - Noob Tears, and Enchanting - Noob soulshard. All items created via "Noobcrafting" will be Bind on equip by default.

Death Knights have come early

Thanks to our hard working balance team you can now acquire Death Knight talents and abilities up to level 60 early. We pay more attention to the world chat channels than you think and have already taken care of the obvious over powered future meta builds, sorry :(

Blood Elves and Draenei Enabled

Hexent wouldn't shut up about it so we've also enabled the two Burning Crusade races as well as their starting zones early. We still have a lot of work to do with The Burning Crusade expansion however so Outland will remain locked for a while longer. We've also enabled Death Knight skin tones and textures as well. Hexent wouldn't shut up about that too but we have to admit being able to create drow elves would be really cool. And no, you cannot name him Drizzt.

Damage type modification

All the "forged" REs have been turned into an ability augmentation feature that is available at level 10. These augmentations will be available in another tab within your base stat bonus points window. You could put some of your points into each element type to do a %of your damage done as one of each element or put all your eggs in one basket for a higher percentage of all damage done being just one element. Any augmented damage is also increased by any talents that increase elemental damage.

Transmogrifier improvements

The transmogrifier now offers more changes and offers more freedom than before. You can now transmogrify your shields and off-hand items into weapons and vice versa. You can also change how your weapons are sheathed and what enchantment visual effect your weapons have. We've even gone and added an option to make your gear invisible too!

The Ascension Bazaar and Tavern

To encourage socializing and making it easier to find Ascension unique items and services we have added a custom area into the game that can be teleported to at any time with an item given to players when they first log into Zenith. You won't find an auctioneer or banker here but you can find goods and services like the Tomes merchant, a Transmogrifier, and any other goods or services not in the game by default. This area also contains two guild meeting halls and a guild vault. The Tavern is a great place to stock up on %food and water, go AFK, log out, or meet other players. Resting in the Tavern will give you 5x the rested bonus you would normally get from other taverns and major cities.

That's it for now. I might add one or two things later or change something if I realize I made a mistake. Its getting pretty late now though so I need to catch some mega ZzZzZz's.

Hope you guys liked my suggestion. :D

Edited by Hexent

Give us option at 55 to upgrade your character from Hero to Lich Hero which would wipe all your talents and spells and gear and your character gets ported to the DK starting zone allows us to experience prequests and get some starting gear and weapons (and the coolest back in the game).

17 hours ago, Hexent said:

High-Risk mode

High risk is now a toggleable feature! High-Risk can be turned on or off with the help of a special NPC in major cities or in criminal strongholds every 72 hours. Turning High Risk mode on will grant you the following bonuses BUT will cause you to drop some items and gear upon death if not within a dungeon or raid instance. 4x XP gain, 4x Reputation gain, 2x money looted, and items will not become soul bound unless equipped or if high risk is turned off again. Will you put your life on the line for the sake of great riches or play it safe?

You may or may not be seeing something along those lines in Wildcard season... ;)

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 2:53 PM, Kaladin said:

You may or may not be seeing something along those lines in Wildcard season... ;)

You mean wildcard will have those bonuses or you guys will finally be testing out the concept of high risk mode?

Edited by Hexent

On 3/19/2019 at 2:34 AM, Hexent said:

You mean wildcard will have those bonuses or you guys will finally be testing out the concept of hardcore mode?

;)

2 hours ago, Treasure Goblin said:

;)

I hope they try out the concept of high risk mode. Having it as a toggleable feature instead of a permanent condition would allow them to combine the legacy realms. Players would be able to enjoy the features of both servers but not have to dedicate or waste their time and progress to  something the decide they don't like. The devs and the gms would also only have to worry about one server as well.  And if it was done like the way I suggested then I bet many players would try and play high risk just for the bonuses.

9 hours ago, ProfessorPwn said:

I thought this was real dammit.

Lol I take it you liked it then? Unfortunately its fake. I wrote it like that to help readers realize the potential a server like with would offer.

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 4:11 AM, Arkoniel said:

Give us option at 55 to upgrade your character from Hero to Lich Hero which would wipe all your talents and spells and gear and your character gets ported to the DK starting zone allows us to experience prequests and get some starting gear and weapons (and the coolest back in the game).

I actually considered adding a section for a suggestion I was working on about a custom quest line where your character is sent to aid the Scarlet Crusade in fighting the Lich King's forces if Alliance OR spy on and stop a union between the Alliance and Scarlet Crusade if Horde. The quest line results in you falling in battle regardless and you then get turned into a DK and start the DK starting zone quests. Then you regain access to all the other classes stuff again after you are forced to kill your friend during the starting quests and start to remember your old life. However most of the people who commented said they didn't want to have to do any quests at all for DK talents and abilities.

Edited by Hexent

On 3/21/2019 at 8:12 PM, Hexent said:

Lol I take it you liked it then? Unfortunately its fake. I wrote it like that to help readers realize the potential a server like with would offer.

Give zenith server now i can not wait|