Dutch

Team Lead Q&A #2

On 3/4/2019 at 11:24 AM, Vedartha said:

1. Pickable Racials - Yes/No? When?

2. Will we be able to reroll RE on items again without them to become bop ?

3. Would you like to see this ?: When you kill Mr. Bigglesworth in Naxxramas, Kel¬īthuzad becomes rearly angry, so you could grant him a Buff, that last for a limited time like an hour, that makes him harder (like increasing his damage, nothing fancy). Basicaly creating a Hardmode that awards an extra achievement / titel if you manage to kill him in that one hour window.

4. Legendary Ashbringer ??? ūüėõ

5. You guys gonna implement a Addon Database on the new web page ?? currently i send everyone asking to a german privat server that got a well filled one.

6. Do you think we see some sort of catch up mechanic to gear up new player or get hands on items that never drop (DFT lol) like the Badge system from TBC before TBC comes out ?

7. Crossfaction RDF - Yes/No? When ?

8. Will PvP weapons need a Honor Rank ?

9. Anny plans to radicaly reduce all 5 TE talents to 3 TE ?, if you look at Frostmage, currently only has 1 5/5 talent while Beast Mastery got 7! of them. So you got much more room to play arround with TE as a Frostbolt build, while you lose almost half of your TE to core talents as a Beast Master.

10. 100 K Fish Achievement ?ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

1. No plans atm! 

2. No plans at the moment, we have other Mystic Enchant plans first. Then we'll put it back on the table.

3. Yes.

4. lol

5. We plan to! It is on the agenda, that with the wiki

6. There has been talk about implementing a badge/emblem system, yes. Nothing conclusive at the moment, we'll see as we get into Naxxramas.

7. Crossfaction RDF. Probably, pretty soon.

8. TBD.

9. If the balance demands it, with that we're always looking at the power-per-point offered by the talent. Then determining how it stacks up to other talents for the cost of your talent point, then we determine if we need more dynamic range between the strength of a spell/ability. Dynamic range being how weak or strong it can be with investment.

10. Season 3. Consider it done.

Are you considering to make some of the engineering items (Goblin Rocket Helmet comes to mind) blue quality so that we can apply REs to them? Potentially Tidal Charm bumped up to level 40 and blue quality as well?

4 hours ago, Dutch said:

We will be implementing Karma on Laughing Skull. I know there a group of long-standing Laughing Skull players that do not want Karma on the realm. If you review other games in the industry that feature styles of FFA MMOs with any level of repercussion for dying, they almost all feature a karma system of some sort for a reason. The most populated games in the space with FFA pvp have it, the others all die. I must stress sincerely, the Karma system is the only reason we can continue to afford hosting high-risk realms. Without it, we would have to close them down.

Okey, so, could you please tell me which FFA MMOs you're referring to? 
Also, don't you think it's pretty weird to PUNISH people that plays hardcore pvp, on a HARDCORE server?

15 minutes ago, Minco said:

Also, don't you think it's pretty weird to PUNISH people that plays hardcore pvp, on a HARDCORE server?

Just off the top of my head...

• Ultima Online
  • Albion Online
  • Darkfall
  • Legends of Aria
  • Tera
  • Mortal Online
  • Eve

There has, to date, been ZERO MMORPGs with loot on death PvP that did not feature a Karma system and survived. Zero. I have literally played every single high-risk PvP MMO to come out in the last 20 years that made it to market. Consequences for your actions IS hardcore. Not only does it promote a hardcore environment, but the game is inherently unsustainable from a design and gameplay standpoint without these systems. Look around at the MMO market. The evidence is crystal clear.

3 minutes ago, Kaladin said:

• Ultima Online
  • Albion Online
  • Darkfall
  • Legends of Aria
  • Tera
  • Mortal Online
  • Eve

Aren't all those games dead, except "Eve"? 

Also, it doesn't really matter if there's been games before that has had Karma system, even if they worked or not. 

We are talking about Project Ascension and how the High Risk-scene will turn out, which is at the bottom if you don't actually listen to your player base and what they want. I'm not trying to sound toxic with these replies, but I just get the feeling you're actively trying to destroy High Risk-servers, one step at a time. 

Can you please, for the love of God - FOR ONCE - listen to your population @Dutch? We do know that you're holding on to "us" with your life, so just do everyone a favor and re-think your decision regarding Karma-system. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kaladin said:

• Ultima Online
  • Albion OnlineÔĽŅ
  • Darkfall
  • Legends of Aria
  • Tera
  • Mortal Online
  • Eve

These are all dead/out of date games?? Why would you want to follow in their footsteps?

19 minutes ago, Minco said:

Why not just leave it the way Sarg/LS, you guys seem to be getting more backlash than praise on the Outlaw system. 

Edited by Emi

9 minutes ago, Emi said:

These are all dead/out of date¬†games?? Why would you want to follow in their footsteps?ÔĽŅ

Why not just leave it the way Sarg/LS, you guys seem to be getting more backlash than praise on the Outlaw system. 

UO and Eve were both wildly successful and still running today. UO is older than some of the people commenting on this post and is still profitable. We have zero successful ffa pvp mmorpgs without a karma system to "follow in their footsteps" as 100% of those have failed.

Posted (edited)

Wow, not even surprised, once again my question is ignored. this will make it the 6th time I've asked the dev's about why they made re's soulbound and only made it affect andorhal and yet ONCE AGAIN they ignore it.

I'd love a reason why they decided to make it harder for new players to get re's, or why they decided to almost kill the ah. I mean hell look at it the amount of pages on the ah is a lot lower then it was months ago before the changes.

So much for making it easier for new people to get into ascension. level to 60 then spend about 100 hours just to farm runes to hope you get your re's.

Edited by SirGank

Posted (edited)

Your Question was asked 3 times and Dutch answerd to my post. 

2. Will we be able to reroll RE on items again without them to become bop ?

18 hours ago, Dutch said:

2. No plans at the moment, we have other Mystic Enchant plans first. Then we'll put it back on the table.

Edited by Vedartha

15 hours ago, Emi said:

These are all dead/out of date games?? Why would you want to follow in their footsteps?

Why not¬†just leave it the way Sarg/LS, you guys seem to be getting more backlash than praise on¬†the OuÔĽŅtlaw system.¬†ÔĽŅ

@Minco I wasn't around to reply, I'm sorry for that. Let me put together some info for you!

We've shown the data showing the Karma system helps maintain more players in the post season 1 analysis. This is not a debate anymore. WIthout it the realm would die just like Sargeras did, just like Laughingskull did (prior to seasonal releases.) We wouldn't make this call if we didn't have clear evidence it directly helps retention and population. We actually cannot afford to host the high-risk realms otherwise.  We are not attached to the system, in this case we are attached to data driven evidence on what works. There are a lot of players that like the karma system and stayed on Bloodscalp because of it. I hope you can understand that. We're not attached to any given system, we're just doing what we can see works.

This was the data from Ravenholdt Season 1, which was significantly worse than Season 2 as everyone knows, but still showed insane results. We'll be compiling S2 analytics soon. From what we can see just in the online numbers we held for the entire season, we're pretty optimistic. We didn't reach a ton of new players, but those we did reach stuck around. We maintained about 55% of our launch day peak for the vast majority of the season.

I4C9fTy0eZYevh8qtEKeO-r6d0Mz2AHLIre6zG9W

This data only looks at new accounts + new IPs. Entirely new players in the first month of gameplay

dx12NTyGvkDbdaYMuVRoL5HN-4_2DVTo1504QwMubXu3-ZnZnYRU0lUtSiTTgSLQyChnCd8msjn5v2VhZY5BLxMZo-chbkMq5SuBSquM-HqsAYXcoXTAbSpKwuJQaLAS7lzxK6jc

This data only looks at new accounts + new IPs. Entirely new players in the first month of gameplay

What we found was the best correlate to whether or not a new player would still be on the realms 1-3 months into the game, was how many friends they made in that first month.

Forced hostility like what we see on Laughingskull and no repercussion or way to gauge another players intentions, results in players not forming social bonds and quitting the game as they get ganked by the top 1% of players and have all of their items taken from them before they even have a group of friends to advocate for them to keep playing on the realm.

You can read the full post on it here: 

Let me know if you have any other questions about Karma, and I will get back to them in the next Q&A!

1 hour ago, SirGank said:

Wow, not even surprised, once again my question is ignored. this will make it the 6th time I've asked the dev's about why they made re's soulbound and only made it affect andorhal and yet ONCE AGAIN they ignore it.

I'd love a reason why they decided to make it harder for new players to get re's, or why they decided to almost kill the ah. I mean hell look at it the amount of pages on the ah is a lot lower then it was months ago before the changes.

So much for making it easier for new people to get into ascension. level to 60 then spend about 100 hours just to farm runes to hope you get your re's.ÔĽŅÔĽŅ

I'm sorry, I logged off before I read your question and Kaladin doesn't have the information to reply. 

What we were seeing was players dropping off early in the experience, when the main source of power gain was found in searching the Auction house. We'd see new players logging in, checking the auction house, then logging out, and eventually never logging in again. It was more advantageous to let other people play the game and then just search the AH for the RE you wanted, but it wasn't conducive to keeping new players engaged. 

In our latest news post we talk about the changes made to make Ascension more gameplay driven. Check out this news post with the list of things we did to make it easier for new players to get into the game with the mystic enchantment system that was paired with the prior change of making BOEs bound on reroll. 

http://project-ascension.com/news - Redefining Foundaitons

1. The Drop/Roll Chance of Legendary Mystic Enchantments has been Increased by 200%

2. The cost of rolling Mystic Enchantments with Gold has been reduced by 15%

3. Increased Mystic Enchantment experience gain by 200%

4. Upon reaching level cap, heroes will receive starter Mystic Runes via Mail

5. Added tutorial systems to assist new heroes in learning the Mystic Enchantment System   

6. ...and more in the Future!

1. Changes to Call Boards to include Mystic Runes as a prize

2. Changing Mystic Rune costs to scale with i-Level 

The new paradigm speeds everything up by actually playing the game and paired with the call boards gives players a clearer direction on where to go. 

There is still a lot more we can do. This is not set in stone and we'll do more to make this better over time as we get a clearer direction based on feedback. We may end up implementing a system where you attach Mystic enchants to vellum like items where we can better design the progression curve in the game or other things to bring back what people liked about trade-able REs, but also addressing the issue of the largest source of power gain being tied to the Auctionhouse.

17 hours ago, Junior said:

Are you considering to make some of the engineering items (Goblin Rocket Helmet comes to mind) blue quality so that we can apply REs to them? Potentially Tidal Charm bumped up to level 40 and blue quality as well?

We'd certainly be open to this idea! I'll look into it.

Give me a list of items you'd like to see this done to, just send it in a message!