Sign in to follow this  
Dutch

Team Lead Q&A #1

Just now, Dutch said:

Most likely, unless we see an opportunity to merge the realms as previously discussed for a content release.

To those who fancy fretting over baseless rumor:

Temple of Ahn'Qiraj gear will not drop in the world on seasonal. 

We will never have the most current content legacy BIS dropping in the world on seasonal.

oh no! i allready prepaired my popcorn for the wave of hate : (

Just now, Vedartha said:

oh no! i allready prepaired my popcorn for the wave of hate : (

c; 

@Peel2g
Couldnt agree more, Merging the game back into the following server statusses : 
High Risk - Live
PTR - Weekly Reset, anytime transfers
Seasonal - Season 2/Offline

Would be ideal for population. 
People 100% Have the ability to only do pve content on a high risk server if andorholians are about to squirm. 
Not to mention that the mechanics of Ascension are slightly more complex than normal Blizzlike private servers. I don't see this server being friendly for ANY new-to-wow players regardless of a no/low-risk realm or not.
The way this server is progressively set up is for people who understand mechanics to come flex skill and game knowledge and creativity. This server is NOT noob friendly. not that i chase away free loot in pvp tho, but its been reluctantly proven and what the actions of staff is doing by having a low risk realm and a high risk realm is splitting the community's actual pvpers in half and killing wpvp leaving servers to have a stale feel to veterans. Lose your Veterans, lose your server. Stop attracting people who understand game mechanics by making the server babymode ez and over balanced, lose new potential veterans, lose lasting server population, lose population growth and increase. 
you end up with a server that has a population spike every time something new releases for a month or two and then population dies again. ¬Exactly what it is right now¬

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

c; 

I mean I would've just farmed genesis armor then on bloodscalp omegalul

Any updates on new playable content other than raids that can be disclosed (like that Battle Royale BG)?

1 minute ago, Fae said:

@Peel2g
People 100% Have the ability to only do pve content on a high risk server if andorholians are about to squirm.

>not Andorholics

1. Did you watch OAK/DW/Exiled progress on C'thun 25 ?

2. Do you think C'thun was overtuned comnpaired to other bosses or do you like to see "the final boss" being a challenge like C'thun was/is ?

10 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

Realm Merge as in Merge LS and Ando ... Population numbers are abysmal on LS and they havent increased at all after the last Season even tho it was anticipated. Its likely that Pop wont increase after this Season either. Id rather play on a decent populated Server than on a dead server.

LS had the same amount of players as Andorhal before the seasonal kicked off. We never actually applied the systems that have kept seasonal populated to LS. When we do, that will almost assuredly change for the better.

We will never merge high-risk and low-risk rulesets.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

Any updates on new playable content other than raids that can be disclosed (like that Battle Royale BG)?

damn good question. Satisfying youtube mention,, no follow up

2 minutes ago, Fae said:

@Peel2g
Couldnt agree more, Merging the game back into the following server statusses : 
High Risk - Live
PTR - Weekly Reset, anytime transfers
Seasonal - Season 2/Offline

Would be ideal for population. 
Not to mention that the mechanics of Ascension are slightly more complex than normal Blizzlike private servers. I don't see this server being friendly for ANY new-to-wow players regardless of a no/low-risk realm or not.
The way this server is progressively set up is for people who understand mechanics to come flex skill and game knowledge and creativity. This server is NOT noob friendly. not that i chase away free loot in pvp tho, but its been reluctantly proven and what the actions of staff is doing by having a low risk realm and a high risk realm is splitting the community's actual pvpers in half and killing wpvp leaving servers to have a stale feel to veterans. Lose your Veterans, lose your server. Stop attracting people who understand game mechanics by making the server babymode ez and over balanced, lose new potential veterans, lose lasting server population, lose population growth and increase. 
you end up with a server that has a population spike every time something new releases for a month or two and then population dies again. ¬Exactly what it is right now¬ 

My Initial idea Behind a Merge Realm was that it comes with sacrifices being made by Both Realms

LS will lose its High Risk feature
Andorhal will lose its Soulbound feature.

So youll end up having a no-risk but also non-soulbound server.

Those who seek their daily dose of adrenalin will either leave the server when the other Server whichs name i wont mention - or have left alrdy due to the fact that theres literally none to kill on LS anymore since its a Ghosttown.

4 minutes ago, Widge said:

You mean this one? 

unknown.png

unknown.png

2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

LS had the same amount of players as Andorhal before the seasonal kicked off. We never actually applied the systems that have kept seasonal populated to LS. When we do, that will almost assuredly change for the better.

We will never merge high-risk and low-risk rulesets.

how could there be the same pop when there was 5 guilds on Andorhal doing 10m and 25m regularly but there was 1 guild on LS that barely got together a 10m and havent done a single 25m since Juni last year ? doesnt rly add up to me :P

what if player retention/increase in population wont turn out to be as youure expecting it to be ?

3 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

1. Did you watch OAK/DW/Exiled progress on C'thun 25 ?

2. Do you think C'thun was overtuned comnpaired to other bosses or do you like to see "the final boss" being a challenge like C'thun was/is ?

Yes, Yes, and yes.

1 minute ago, Dutch said:

You mean this one?  

Yeah that one. How big is it in comparison to other stuff, and think you can ballpark how complete it is?
Also, played beta, we had holiday raid bosses. What happened to those??

There is a lot of heat against this. Do you fellows intend to work updated Character models to be worked in to go with the shiny transmogs you have?

I have used the legion models and they worked mostly but they did cause random crashes for me.

2 minutes ago, Widge said:

Yeah that one. How big is it in comparison to other stuff, and think you can ballpark how complete it is?

Map is about 85% done. Once that is done, the programming end of it should be fairly quick.

3 minutes ago, Widge said:

WTB!

not to mention snowman events n stuff

1 minute ago, Kilkokan said:

There is a lot of heat against this. Do you fellows intend to work updated Character models to be worked in to go with the shiny transmogs you have?

I have used the legion models and they worked mostly but they did cause random crashes for me.

We want to release a full optional HD models pack that includes creatures, ground textures, player models and the like in the future, but we're just not there yet. 

Just now, Fae said:

WTB!

not to mention snowman events n stuff

In the vein of focusing on core foundational design, we've been admittedly neglecting a lot of this sort of stuff. We'll try to bring it back soon! 

5 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

Will we see modified tier 3 sets ?

The team is of the opinion that tier set bonuses as a whole the direction we took with AQ was actually really detrimental to build diversity. They were too specific and there are too few gear sets to actually allow organic build diversity to manifest. At that point, we were creating the builds, not the players. That was a mistake. We'll likely go for balanced more generic/tertiary bonuses for tier sets in the future and put the intricate modifications into talents/REs

2 minutes ago, Dutch said:

We want to release a full optional HD models pack that includes creatures, ground textures, player models and the like in the future, but we're just not there yet. 

well, Riko already fixed Legion models to include the ascension models for book and some of the mounts. I dont see how it can be extremely hard to get this running, the issues would be changes like new mounts added and things..

Just now, Fae said:

well, Riko already fixed Legion models to include the ascension models for book and some of the mounts. I dont see how it can be extremely hard to get this running, the issues would be changes like new mounts added and things..

It isn't an issue of difficulty as much as it is an matter of priority. We're prioritizing things that create a stronger foundation at the moment. Improving core gameplay rather than creating model packs.