itswicky

Dev Update #75

2 hours ago, Tryant said:

andorhal in general needed 2 more weeks of time to kill cthun and only did so due to world buffs and Oak hasnt gotten any other first kill in that dungeon you should maybe start to accept that youre not the pinneacle of pve as you think you are.

Exiled(Andorhal) server first 25m Cthun?

21 minutes ago, Mikkiller93 said:

Dude i never said "Glancing blows arent a big deal" what is it with people and making fake quotes?

And yes sword spec hybrid was doing way more dps than others if built correctly and having the perfect gear setup. That includes the ever so rare kazzak necklace.

Dude you claim about yourself that you were one of the few that were playing it decently. How do you know that? Where do you get your data from? Are you saying there was no other hybrid that was better than you? And you know that for certain?

You do know for a fact i don't raid hu? I wonder where u get your facts from then.

"And yes sword spec hybrid was doing way more dps than others if built correctly and having the perfect gear setup. That includes the ever so rare kazzak necklace."

First of all, "way more dps than others" is completely wrong

If we are talking perfect gear setup (back when sword spec hybrid was a thing) and correctly built spec, then conflag/catform/melee hunter were better specs in ST, and TG/Slam/2H ret builds were very close in dps. 

"Dude you claim about yourself that you were one of the few that were playing it decently. How do you know that? Where do you get your data from? Are you saying there was no other hybrid that was better than you? And you know that for certain"

Actually playing the game, talking to ppl, raiding with a few different guilds and seeing how each one performed does help

Now I may not know much about LS, but at that time Andorhal was small enough that its not hard to know what most important ppl played.

"You do know for a fact i don't raid hu? I wonder where u get your facts from then."

From the fact that we were in the same guild and you never raided, simple >.>

2 minutes ago, lewtorz said:

Exiled(Andorhal) server first 25m Cthun?

congrats on 25.
but could you serious not figure out was talking about 10man............

2 minutes ago, Tryant said:

but could you serious not figure out was talking about 10man............

Oh I knew what you were talking about, but you can't claim people are behind when they're clearly not anymore.
I would say cross Realm BG's should be a thing then the behind on PVP claim could also be done away with.

Edited by lewtorz

Just now, lewtorz said:

Oh I knew what you were talking about, but you can't claim people are behind when they're clearly not anymore.

Andorhal will always be behind because other servers has no soulbound.
Thats´s just how it is.

Seems like some people have lost sight of what they was trying to debate.

This forum is now dead, doubt the Ascension team is going to read any of this shit now.

However at least they know there is a lot of negativity around the players at the moment, for a number of different reasons. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

1 minute ago, Tryant said:

Andorhal will always be behind because other servers has no soulbound.
Thats´s just how it is.

But AQ gear dosn't drop from the world on laughingskull does it? How does that put andorhal behind?

LS/BS can trade gear between each other, AQ40 gear or not. They have pretty much entirely free reign as to what they want to do gear wise/build wise compared to Andorhal.

Just now, lewtorz said:

But AQ gear dosn't drop from the world on laughingskull does it? How does that put andorhal behind?

On Andorhal you *mostly* have to stick to 1 build / gear sets. 
On LS that´s not a problem and you can swap, buy gear very easy.
+ you can send gear to alts and clear content again.
So once a new raid comes it will be the same show again.
Currently i don´t think you are behind but 
with new content you will be very fast again. Unless you can clear it with AQ gear from start to finish

Edited by Tryant

Hmm very true in terms of min maxing gear since alt runs can get you're main raid geared faster.

1 hour ago, lewtorz said:

Hmm very true in terms of min maxing gear since alt runs can get you're main raid geared faster.

Fun fact: none does that. 

I think in now 11 months of raiding on LS i did an alt run twice (bwl). Thats about it. 

Might change now tho since we have to catch up on AQ gear due to the fact that we actually played seasonal instead of keep playing on our isolated legacy server like most of the "Elite" Andorhal players. Neither do we have a 25m grp being able to fly through AQ and gather the freeloot (Except cthun). 

All this talk of hybrids. I'd like to add a few things to this that i  see that are missing and stop me from even trying hybrid let alone join the dickswinging you guys call melee with ur endless AP, and re support. 

Rap to SP/HP, that right there is none existant. Unless you pick up melee attack power to switch it over to SP/HP. Which is a massive investment talent wise. As is rolling a hunter as all your main shots are talent attacks.

Also unless I'm missing it there is no way to add combo points unless you pick up a rogue melee ability or take the 2 combo points from the talent that does just that only adds 2 that gotta be used asap almost.

I'd love to give hybrids a shot again but I prefer the archer aspect mixing with melee or archer mixing with spell casting. Plus a few hunter abilities scale with spell power too, arcane shot, volley for example. But we can only buff those incombination with spells like holy shock for example by having to pick up the straight spell damage % increase. Cause we lack a way to convert Rap to SP/HP where as melee can have their straight melee attack power buff their spell power.

This is coming from a pvper i don't do instances or raids so can't compare in terms of raid dps. But I have tested in open world, 1v1, and bgs.

Edited by Dutchmaster

1 hour ago, Dutchmaster said:

All this talk of hybrids. I'd like to add a few things to this that i  see that are missing and stop me from even trying hybrid let alone join the dickswinging you guys call melee with ur endless AP, and re support. 

Rap to SP/HP, that right there is none existant. Unless you pick up melee attack power to switch it over to SP/HP. Which is a massive investment talent wise. As is rolling a hunter as all your main shots are talent attacks.

Also unless I'm missing it there is no way to add combo points unless you pick up a rogue melee ability or take the 2 combo points from the talent that does just that only adds 2 that gotta be used asap almost.

I'd love to give hybrids a shot again but I prefer the archer aspect mixing with melee or archer mixing with spell casting. Plus a few hunter abilities scale with spell power too, arcane shot, volley for example. But we can only buff those incombination with spells like holy shock for example by having to pick up the straight spell damage % increase. Cause we lack a way to convert Rap to SP/HP where as melee can have their straight melee attack power buff their spell power.

This is coming from a pvper i don't do instances or raids so can't compare in terms of raid dps. But I have tested in open world, 1v1, and bgs.

The biggest thing holding back hybrid hunter is not the lack of scaling or conversions tho. It's the fact that spells continously reset your ranged autoattack timer. They removed it for melee auto attacks but not for ranged auto attacks. Which makes sense because otherwise casters would always weave in ranged autoshots between their casts which would create a really weird caster environment when it comes to min maxing in raids. So yeah that's for hybrid hunters.

If spells didn't reset your ranged auto attack timer u could surely experiment with some sort of shadow hunter in shadow form with dots and black arrow and the SP scaling hunter shots. But that will not work unless the auto attack reset from spells is removed

Edited by Mikkiller93

3 hours ago, Dutchmaster said:

1 hour ago, Mikkiller93 said:

The biggest thing holding back hybrid hunter is not the lack of scaling or conversions tho. It's the fact that spells continously reset your ranged autoattack timer. They removed it for melee auto attacks but not for ranged auto attacks. Which makes sense because otherwise casters would always weave in ranged autoshots between their casts which would create a really weird caster environment when it comes to min maxing in raids. So yeah that's for hybrid hunters.

If spells didn't reset your ranged auto attack timer u could surely experiment with some sort of shadow hunter in shadow form with dots and black arrow and the SP scaling hunter shots. But that will not work unless the auto attack reset from spells is removed

Jeez, this isn't vanilla... hunter shots don't scale off SP here.

5 hours ago, mecar said:

Jeez, this isn't vanilla... hunter shots don't scale off SP here.

You would think that. But it makes a really nasty volley, arcane shot.

24 minutes ago, Dutchmaster said:

You would think that. But it makes a really nasty volley, arcane shot.

Volley and Arcane shot scale from RAP not from SP.  Even though they don't deal physical damage, and you can increase their damage with % Arcane Damage modifiers, but they scale from RAP.

Volley  is RAP*0.083700 + base damage, and Arcane Shot ris RAP*0.15 + base damage.

Same with Poisons, they do Nature damage and nature damage modifiers DO increase their damage, but they scale from MAP not SP.

Generic % spell damage modifiers will also affect them (things like Arcane Power, etc.)

Edited by Skray

11 hours ago, Peel2g said:

Might change now tho since we have to catch up on AQ gear due to the fact that we actually played seasonal instead of keep playing on our isolated legacy server like most of the "Elite" Andorhal players.

Fricking lol.
"They didn't play seasonal with us which means they are "elite" stuck up morons!". It couldn't possibly be that they are players like myself who just don't like the PvP parts of Ascension, or just can't be assed to level and gear a new character no matter how easy it is. Or maybe its that even if they did make a character on seasonal and gear it up, they'd maybe find no use to having the character after seasonal finishes because like Tryant and heaps of others have said so far, gear is soulbound on Andorhal, so having that character just means another potentially unused alt.

Also, assuming that most of these "elite" Andorhal players you're speaking about aren't also playing seasonal or at least gave it a try is just wrong, there are plenty of people from OAK that I know of that are playing there, likely the same story for some of the other major Andorhal guilds too but I can't speak for them. Pull your head out of your ass.

Ooof, fourm chat is still as  volatile as ever. looks like almost everyone still has a agenda to get their build buffed and the other person's build nerfed.

9 minutes ago, SirGank said:

Ooof, fourm chat is still as  volatile as ever. looks like almost everyone still has a agenda to get their build buffed and the other person's build nerfed.

That's a bit baseless, don't you think? The argument is that everybody switched off hybrid because it was nerfed so hard. It's not "nooo I have to use a worse spec!" it's "nooo playing the spec I enjoyed isn't even an option anymore!". This is coming from someone who never has and never will play a hybrid.

I feel like we've also been ignoring poor old Mutilate and energy based specs in general that need some love now with losing 2x focused attacks and potentially a lot of crit they relied upon for energy regen.

4 minutes ago, Skray said:

I feel like we've also been ignoring poor old Mutilate and energy based specs in general that need some love now with losing 2x focused attacks and potentially a lot of crit they relied upon for energy regen.

Or focused attacks was simply outscaling everything else synergized with massively overbuffed crit values, not to mention the extra energy compared to the standard two per trigger.

Would be interesting to see more playstyles involving Passive regen increase/Combat Potency/Relentless Strikes. Perhaps it would do better by now.

Edited by Treasure Goblin

Well, mutilate survives by switching to relentless strikes. It's certainly not as good as it maybe was, but it's not dead in the water like hybrids, it's just forced to adapt.. A lot of the damage to mutilate was AQ fight design anyway; it's like saying DoTs are nerfed to uselessness. They're definitely still very strong, it's just there's no good place to be playing DoTs (outside of PvP in that example).

And tbh, the change is for the better. As much as I enjoy 1 button specs, mutilate probably shouldn't be one of em.

In fact, now that I think about it, mutilate is probably the golden example of what 3-stacking was meant to achieve. Reducing power and forcing 1-button specs to switch things around and add a little bit of complexity; though honestly mutilate was plenty complex, its complexity was just in correct positioning and gearing moreso than actual playstyle.

Edited by smart blart

48 minutes ago, smart blart said:

Well, mutilate survives by switching to relentless strikes. It's certainly not as good as it maybe was, but it's not dead in the water like hybrids, it's just forced to adapt.. A lot of the damage to mutilate was AQ fight design anyway; it's like saying DoTs are nerfed to uselessness. They're definitely still very strong, it's just there's no good place to be playing DoTs (outside of PvP in that example).

And tbh, the change is for the better. As much as I enjoy 1 button specs, mutilate probably shouldn't be one of em.

In fact, now that I think about it, mutilate is probably the golden example of what 3-stacking was meant to achieve. Reducing power and forcing 1-button specs to switch things around and add a little bit of complexity; though honestly mutilate was plenty complex, its complexity was just in correct positioning and gearing moreso than actual playstyle.

Well articulated, especially the last part.

Obviously parts of the team try and get a few, sometimes several simulations of various archetypes going, although with the recent downscaling of the team as a whole, it is difficult to find time as QA seeing as reports and pending tests take up most of the daily tasks.

It's also a no-brainer that this is also one of the reasons the PTR was brought back up to fiddle around with such changes, where the freedom to experiment with random enchants is present without larger investment (with the exception of time), even though there were some last-minute issues that caused altars and other PTR-related objects not to be present on opening.

There are also new random enchants planned, and while I cannot disclose full details, one of them could benefit setups focused on energy as primary resource and certain rogue abilities.

12 hours ago, Foibos said:

Legendary adrenaline rush PROCC inc.

Unfortunately not in the works, but I do admit Adrenaline Rush is left in the dirt, particularly due to better, passive energy sources that are constant.

That being said, Adrenaline Rush is a fairly situational ability, and it is still unclear whereabouts to go with the ability without making it too desireable