itswicky

Dev Update #75

Sorry for missing this part of your comment.

I think right now they're mostly trying to bring player power more in line with their vision, to reduce the power gaps. Though I do agree that some things need a bit of love and buffing, as long as the changes go in the right direction i'm fine with it. 

Just wish for smarter gameplay and more build diversity tbh

I just think we need balance isntead of nerfing shit to the ground honestly doing that kills the server and ppl just play Sustain instant casts builds again..... 

5 hours ago, OneForAll said:

I just think we need balance isntead of nerfing shit to the ground honestly doing that kills the server and ppl just play Sustain instant casts builds again..... 

Dude... What is this comment over and over again from you. What has been nerfed to the ground?

Also instant sustain casters is most likely what's getting their power level reduced next. 

As someone pointed out before they are apparently trying to bring down the general powerlevel across the board. You can't bring down general powerlevel with buffs I'm afraid. Nerfs will be neccessary in such a case. 

16 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Hysteria

"Put stats into stam, get stam enchants, ZG stam enchants, good stam PVP gear, some protective talents and you're good. "

No.  This is terrible advice and i can debate this with you to the end of time if necessary.

In 99% of builds at no point does Stamina become more valuable than AP, fact by simple maths. 
Even if the Health pool is contributing to the problem, AP value for damage is currently far higher.
As for mitigation, Only builds that should find enough value in this is Sustained Tanks/Healers
Every over build should focus on Burst, CC, Healing and just general GCD value.

let me log on Warmane and compete with a Rogue stacked with stamina gems, enchants and parry talents because warriors can kill me to fast haha.  No.

You clearly have an issue at this point in the game, I dont have it, thanks to simple stat allocation and different choice in some enchants. I can ofcourse elaborate a bit. 

So you start at 60, get some gear, have 4500 hp and 1500 AP. Try to pvp - die in 3 seconds, learn nothing and complain.

Then you get more gear, you have 5500 hp and 2500 AP. Another try at pvp - die in 5 seconds, still have no idea how and what to do.

Why won't you get more survivability, mitigation, live for at least 15 seconds, learn the rotation that's killing you, adjust your spec afterwards, get recount/skada. Adapt or die. Simple as that. 

I started here as a generic TG idiot - oh i can get TG, and windfury, oh oh do poisons stack with windfury? We all know "this guy". Guess what? Billy one shot me. And again. And again. Then Supreme one shot me. Then Naks oneshot me.

I got tired of that, dumped stats in stam, got 7k hp, and finally started learning something in this game. Worked out well for me.

@Hysteria

Why is it clear i have this problem ? 

You lose because your opponent gains GCD advantages on you, based on who controls who
or because your opponent 's GCD value is much higher either with damage or sustain.

The only thing you're experiencing during this is your managing to land a few more hits in.
But this does not always mean you have made an overall gain or increased your chances of winning, as your GCD value is a lot lower. 

I would have no issues taking on a TG with stamina allocation in the current patch, in fact it would be pretty chill.
However a TG in 2.5k AP, i would have to be very quick to respond to there bursts and land more GCD's than what i take back. 

With Two-Handed weapons you are looking at around 23%+ coefficient from AP compared to a normalized dagger build at say 12%
So its value does change and i guess you could treat stamina allocation as stabilizers, for example
Two class cannons in a 3 GCD exchange 1 mistake can put you back by 33% 
With two stamina fanatics the value of those 3 GCD's may be split into 5 meaning 1 mistake could only put you back by 20%

However using stamina as a learning curve seems flawed as i feel it can misguide you about the importance of each GCD.
I think a sudden death is a better lesson, as next time you would want to be faster to trinket into CC and focus on not getting hit at all. 

They should either increase the value stamina has again by undoing some nerfs
Or better yet increase are health pools while we continue to allocate in what has the most value. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

1 hour ago, Ashsj1992 said:

Or better yet increase are health pools while we continue to allocate in what has the most value. 

Increasing base health is likely a path they do not want to take again since it has already been massively inflated. They instead decided to look for tweaks elsewhere, which they can only be respected for, namely in the underlying power of individual random enchants, ratings/parameters from conversions and finally, stats as a whole.

Compared to a level 60 druid (1303/1121), a Hero already has ~90% increased base health (2485) and ~21% (1361) increased base mana. To compare with different primary archetype classes, level 60 mages have a base health of 1190, and warriors have 1509.

In comparison, however, the stats also differ significantly (human used for reference race). While the class combination is normally impossible, a human hero vs a human druid has ~55% less total stats across the board overall (compensated through stat allocation obviously, where you can go higher than normal in a stat of your choice, even with the 150 cap).

Edited by Gubbyascension

@Gubbyascension

Its massively inflated because we are massively overscaled lol

I understand the path they have taken of the x3 RE limit was good, however it was not enough to create a good pvp environment in my opinion.
If they was to reduce the scaling even more, for example RE nerfs again, this would just create more balance issues which there is already enough of that. 
I feel a health pool increase would have far less effect on balance.

My first choice would of been to go back in time remove the Ascension team member that suggested RE's in the first place
I mean what was the point in nerfing most of the vanilla talents to then go ahead and provide the same talent option as enchants
They should of just focused on the talent sheet from the start to now.
Then perhaps looked at introducing some enchants/glyphs that offered new gameplay changes later on.
Scaling and Balance would both be in a reasonable place if that was the case.

" Shakes head, then goes and plays The Sims (not a jk)  "

Edited by Ashsj1992

hmmmm 

I do not think the changes are bad my only issue is that the time it takes to got a build where its preforming to its optimal level its about 10 to 15 hours of game play and gold investment. so every time they change the server you get a load of players that have to put this investment in again as the changes they do are so extreme. It isn't like adjust a % hear and tweak this they just rewrite the whole rule book.

I only play (shot) hunter ! so over the last 4 to 5 months months below has happened, 

the changed the shot % values making explosive shot garbage. (I still beleve that they should make explosive shot be the choice of shot for a attack speed hunter and arcane be the shot for a full shot hunter)

the change how quivers worked (this had a large amount of effected on attack speed hunters).

then they changed how pets damage works (this was a hugely needed fix but has caused all the player playing this hunter spec to have to rework the whole build)

finally they made c'thun easy making the top re's accessible to more players this has made the build alter slightly with the extra re's. (on this I think they should have a blanket rule where re's that affect talents are all represented as values over % gains as at the moment they are having scaling issues and where do you go from having 2% more crit ! this should be 28 more crit value and i beleve they should plan this so that as a raider you can keep getting upgrades to RE's moving forward)

if you was playing any of the above specs and was not there for the patch and come back and play you will not have a clue where to start. and for every adjustment it has taken me time to rework the talents.  

13 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Gubbyascension

Its massively inflated because we are massively overscaled lol

I understand the path they have taken of the x3 RE limit was good, however it was not enough to create a good pvp environment in my opinion.
If they was to reduce the scaling even more, for example RE nerfs again, this would just create more balance issues which there is already enough of that. 
I feel a health pool increase would have far less effect on balance.

My first choice would of been to go back in time remove the Ascension team member that suggested RE's in the first place
I mean what was the point in nerfing most of the vanilla talents to then go ahead and provide the same talent option as enchants
They should of just focused on the talent sheet from the start to now.
Then perhaps looked at introducing some enchants/glyphs that offered new gameplay changes later on.
Scaling and Balance would both be in a reasonable place if that was the case.

" Shakes head, then goes and plays The Sims (not a jk)  "

Yes, and where does this overscaling come from? Thin air? Poorly illustrated random enchants like %stats or %damage are amongst the culprits, arguably still the fact that a single parameter can be overscaled compared to a regular class (putting 150 into agility nets you far more base agility than a hunter/rogue at 60.)

Perhaps the x3 limitation is not enough, perhaps it could be in conjunction with future tweaks outside of limiting stack amounts.

Reducing scaling won't create more balance issues, rather the opposite - removing or lessening factors that add on top of already existing ones only make the balance aspect far more manageable as the effects become menial and less influential overall.

A health pool increase is always a dirty hackfix to do when you're lazy, but it also adds up, and will continue to do so as character levels advance.

Edited by Gubbyascension

@Gubbyascension

Not sure why your first paragraph is relevant to me, i have made it clear i'm aware that RE's cause overscaling issues ?
Infact i posted a forum regarding this issue many months before the RE limit changes was even mentioned.  

I never suggested reducing scaling automatically means balance issues ?
However the way it was done did, the x3 Limit with little preparation
has caused a lot of underperforming builds to be hit harder than build at the top, widening the gap further.
As i stated before, even knowing this i think the x3 RE limit was a good step forward.

Yeah a health increase is cheap lol.
Given the past history of balance issues and how long it takes them to fix, i just want to settle with an improvement.
How long did TG destroy everything before it got nerfed ? how long did Judgement 1 shot ? PvP use to often be 1-2 GCD's.
Some of the balance issues that have existed should of been hotfixed in the same day it was first used and yet it was more like 4-6 months.
My lack of faith pushes me to suggest a health pool increase. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

19 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

1 hour ago, Ashsj1992 said:

I never suggested reducing scaling automatically means balance issues ?

Wait, what?

@Mikkiller93

"If they"
"For example RE nerfs"

They being Ascension, in an ideal world its possible to bring in changes with out balance issues but that wouldn't be the case at all

For example the previous RE changes.

Edited by Ashsj1992

On 2/6/2019 at 10:22 AM, Mikkiller93 said:

When has anything ever been nerfed to the ground? Can you give one specific example?

You mean the multiple hybrid archetypes that were nerfed so badly that almost all of the hybrids either quit or swapped specs?

Man you really need to stop getting baited into making dumb comments like that @Mikkiller93, it takes away from the valid points you actually have lol.

On 2/6/2019 at 4:42 PM, Hysteria said:

6) Increased health pool? There is no reason for that. Put stats into stam, get stam enchants, ZG stam enchants, good stam PVP gear, some protective talents and you're good. I can't say for the people above, but I really enjoy reading in-game comments from 4k hp glass canons that they are getting 2shot. I've got 150 stat points in stam, 2% stats RE, and I run Blessing of Kings. No other % increases and i have 7865 HP, and it feels enough.  

I dunno, an increased health pool might do PvP some good, you've gotta remember most players are doing low-to-mid end WOTLK level DPS currently, but with the HP pools of a vanilla player. Just some food for thought.

On 2/6/2019 at 6:54 PM, Thismongrel said:

everyone please say a prayer for my former companion's manhood

RIP Haathun :(

On 2/6/2019 at 5:03 AM, omendog said:

9. Prayer of Healing is dead

This is a joke, right? Prayer is still one of the stronger healing specs, not sure where you got this from o_O

On 2/7/2019 at 2:03 AM, omendog said:

but what I was trying to highlight is the nerf-to-buff ratio

I mean you're right, players progressing through content to get more powerful, only to be brought back down has made a LOT of people quit. It's frustrating, infuriating even. I feel like balance packs should be a bit more of a mix of both buffs AND nerfs, rather than buffs OR nerfs. As it often seems like you just push a round of nerfs or a round of buffs @itswicky, rather than a round of balance changes. Some more food for thought I suppose.

I would like to end with this though. Even though there was mass panic when the seasonal changes were announced, most people were not affected as badly as they thought they would be. THAT BEING SAID, some specs are absolutely still in the gutter and I would like to hear what you are gonna do for those players and the archetypes they love to play @itswicky 

9 hours ago, Sky said:

You mean the multiple hybrid archetypes that were nerfed so badly that almost all of the hybrids either quit or swapped specs?

Man you really need to stop getting baited into making dumb comments like that @Mikkiller93, it takes away from the valid points you actually have lol.

Sorry but if your guildmates deemed their hybrid builds not dealing competitive enough dps anymore to attempt C'thun compared to other builds that still doesn't mean hybrids have been nerfed to the ground. They have been nerfed, yes. They probably got nerfed more than they should have? Yes clearly. But the notion that they have been nerfed TO THE GROUND aka they are at the bottom is plain wrong. Hybrids are still performing exceptionally well in pvp and i doubt that their pve dps is the absolute rock bottom yet.

They clearly are on the weaker side of the spectrum and clearly deserve some buffs. But saying they have been nerfed to the ground is BS.

So i'll just throw your advice right back at you @Sky. Don't get baited into supporting dumb comments like "We need balance instead of nerfing shit to the ground" because it simply is a bullshit claim. It takes away from the valid points you actually make.

@Mikkiller93

Your reply is based on a probability, as you lack the information for PvE, as do i.  

Even if they are not officially in last place.. i think he should be allowed to use the phrase "nerfed to the ground"

Maybe he is exaggerating a bit but the point he is trying to make is perfectly valid stop nitpicking.  

There is plenty of builds that have been nerfed way to harshly without consideration for whose that have invested time playing it.
While there are far more nerfs than buffs given out, the buff to nerf ratio is questionable considering both will help achieve better balance.

Edited by Ashsj1992

4 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Mikkiller93

Your reply is based on a probably, as you lack the information for PvE, as do i.  

Even if they are not officially in last place.. i think he should be allowed to use the phrase "nerfed to the ground"

Maybe he is exaggerating a bit but the point he is trying to make is perfectly valid stop nitpicking.  

There is plenty of builds that have been nerfed way to harshly without consideration for whose that have invested time playing it.
While there are far more nerfs than buffs given out, the buff to nerf ratio is questionable considering both will help achieve better balance.

I Disagree. Apparently "Nerfed to the ground" means something entirely different to me than it does to you. It literally means nerfed to an unplayable state for me. Hence why the ground is the used metaphor there.

Also he wasn't using the term "Nerfed to the ground" himself, it was Oneforall who used that term twice in his previous comments. AND HE WAS CLEARLY TALKING ABOUT PVP. As is proven by the fact that he said "It's all gonna be instant sustain casters again" IN THAT SAME COMMENT. And hybrids are NOT anywhere near the ground in PVP. Stop taking things out of context for fricks sake. You won't convince anyone with a brain if you just repeat things that have been said and take them out of context just to support your claims.

And then you wonder why the Ascension team is not listening to us... build a solid argument by yourself based on facts and logic instead of basing your argument on things other people said, things taken out of context or assumptions.

PS: I also disagree with this constant buff to nerf ratio talk of yours. As I said before if the teams goal was to bring down OVERALL POWER LEVELS of players I'm afraid that cannot be achieved by buffing stuff.

Edited by Mikkiller93

6 hours ago, Mikkiller93 said:

Sorry but if your guildmates deemed their hybrid builds not dealing competitive enough dps anymore to attempt C'thun compared to other builds that still doesn't mean hybrids have been nerfed to the ground. They have been nerfed, yes. They probably got nerfed more than they should have? Yes clearly. But the notion that they have been nerfed TO THE GROUND aka they are at the bottom is plain wrong. Hybrids are still performing exceptionally well in pvp and i doubt that their pve dps is the absolute rock bottom yet.

They clearly are on the weaker side of the spectrum and clearly deserve some buffs. But saying they have been nerfed to the ground is BS.

So i'll just throw your advice right back at you @Sky. Don't get baited into supporting dumb comments like "We need balance instead of nerfing shit to the ground" because it simply is a bullshit claim. It takes away from the valid points you actually make.

They're pretty close to the bottom, I'd say of the meta melee builds hybrids and mutilate are at the bottom now.

Are they still "viable"?  

With the nerfs to AQ, yes.  Their DPS is acceptable. 

But it feels terrible to play a previously competitive DPS spec and now you're at the bottom while the rest of your raid is still pulling the same/similar numbers they did before the changes.

I think the issue is the nerfs were intended to bring all specs down to a more reasonable level but some didn't get nerfed or received extremely minor nerfs.

TG even received some compensatory PVE buffs to counter the nerfs with a 20% CD reduction on WW with the talent now.

Edited by Skray

10 minutes ago, Skray said:

They're pretty close to the bottom, I'd say of the meta melee builds hybrids and mutilate are at the bottom now.

Are they still "viable"?  

With the nerfs to AQ, yes.  Their DPS is acceptable. 

But it feels terrible to play a previously competitive DPS spec and now you're at the bottom while the rest of your raid is still pulling the same/similar numbers they did before the changes.

I think the issue is the nerfs were intended to bring all specs down to a more reasonable level but some didn't get nerfed or received extremely minor nerfs.

TG even received some compensatory PVE buffs to counter the nerfs with a 20% CD reduction on WW with the talent now.

That is a solid statement and i agree with you. Hybrids have been hit very hard in pve. Although they are still top of the pack in pvp their pve power is much to be desired and they clearly should get some buffs.

But is that a reason to say "stop nerfing shit to the ground" and stop ALL NERFING? Even the nerfing of things that clearly deserve a nerf? NO!

What i'd like to see is some buffs to hybrids IN ADDITION to the other things that Itswicky suggested. Not Instead of them.

Edited by Mikkiller93

@Mikkiller93

If someone says "nerfed to the ground" i would recommend you take that a guideline for being near the bottom, if you don't then it really is just nitpicking mate.

Not sure why this is such a complex debate.

No body wants there build to be overpowered one day and underpowered the next, being hit by this hammer nerf will discourage many from playing.
Even if they understand there build is overpowered, the most they would be expecting is to be nerfed into a more balanced state,
rather than being dumped into the other end of the spectrum. 

Combine this with the fact there is little buffs being put out, it creates a very negative vibe, which is clearly what is being leaked into the forums now.
This should be addressed one way or another.

Edited by Ashsj1992

17 minutes ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Mikkiller93

If someone says "nerfed to the ground" i would recommend you take that a guideline for being near the bottom, if you don't then it really is just nitpicking mate.

Not sure why this is such a complex debate.

No body wants there build to be overpowered one day and underpowered the next, being hit by this hammer nerf will discourage many from playing.
Even if they understand there build is overpowered, the most they would be expecting is to be nerfed into a more balanced state,
rather than being dumped into the other end of the spectrum. 

Combine this with the fact there is little buffs being put out, it creates a very negative vibe, which is clearly what is being leaked into the forums now.
This should be addressed one way or another.

Rarely a build goes from overpowered to underpowered over night in a single patch. It usually is accumulated nerfs to spells and talents that are generally too strong but required to keep that one build alive. And usually they follow up on that by buffing that specific build when they nerfed generally strong talents and spells that were used in that build. Balance is a long and difficult process. Especially on classless. You can't just buff stuff every month and expect it to work out. If you are just buffing builds whenever they are weaker than the top builds you are going to rise the powerlevel significantly. Which is very problematic as the powerlevel was already quite high.

My only problem is with the people on this forum that go nuts everytime there is even a vague notion that SOMETHING is about to get nerfed. Wicky didn't even say any specifics at all! Just a notion that spellpower tanks and caster sustain might get some nerfs.

Stop overreacting and wait for the actual balance post. Also make a solid statement with some good points on why u don't like the nerfs instead of

"we need balance stop nerfing everything to the ground everyones gonna play sustain instant caster again"

^ That's just freaking useless to anyone.

@Mikkiller93

There has been a few builds that have gone from overpowered to underpowered in a very short space of time. 
"You can't just buff stuff every month" never said that but actually you can,
there is plenty of builds that are miles away from the meta waiting room
There is also a large number of useless talents that have little no value in almost any build. 

Plenty of buffs that wouldn't increase the overscaling issues. 

After my last post, can you really not see why there is negativity about nerfs at the moment?
Most changes have had little effect on how i play, however i can completely understand why people feel this way. 

Please stop making this complicated.
They should continue nerfs to tackle overscaling and balancing the meta, obviously. 
But atleast buff some of the useless **** in the game too, where ever its an entire build core or a single talent, bring in some positivity.

Edited by Ashsj1992

20 minutes ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Mikkiller93

There has been a few builds that have gone from overpowered to underpowered in a very short space of time. 
"You can't just buff stuff every month" never said that but actually you can,
there is plenty of builds that are miles away from the meta waiting room
There is also a large number of useless talents that have little no value in almost any build. 

Plenty of buffs that wouldn't increase the overscaling issues. 

After my last post, can you really not see why there is negativity about nerfs at the moment?
Most changes have had little effect on how i play, however i can completely understand why people feel this way. 

yes.

no you can't if your goal is to bring down general powerlevel.

why not bring the meta room down to those builds instead? On a Scale of 1-10 it seems there are far more builds around 5 and lower than there are around 10-5. So why not bring those fewer builds down to the others and make a new scale that only goes from 1-5? Makes way more sense right? If everyone is on a scale from 1 to 5 it is that much closer to a balanced game than having builds range from 1 to 10. Because the gaps are way smaller.

I can totaly see where the frustration is coming from and i never told people to not come out and discuss the things they don't like. But as i tried to point out before it's just HOW some people here are doing it that i don't agree with. 

Again:

"We need balance stop nerfing shit to the ground everyones gonna play instant caster again"

What is anyone on their balance team supposed to take from that comment?

To create balance? I think that is what they are trying. Why would they intentionally try to create imbalance?

Stop nerfing to the ground? I don't think their intention EVER is to nerf things to the ground. I think their Intention is to bring all builds powerlevel down and closer to each other. Overnerfing is just something that will happen sometimes.

everyones gonna play instant sustain caster again? That instant casters are strong and easy to play? Isn't that one of the things wicky hinted at that might get nerfed?

It's just a useless comment that he posted twice for no real reason.

Edited by Mikkiller93

@Mikkiller93

That doesn't change the fact you can make buffs that wont effect scaling
Unless your reeally mean sledge hammer everything.
For example the talent "Precision" its value for 1 talent point is 10 hit rating
Soo every other talent should be nerfed to meet that talents value ?

Of course not, soooo give me some buffs, give me more talents options instead of just taking them away.

Am i still missing something? because i'm still failing to see why this is such a complex debate.

Someone just give me a buff please, thanks. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

8 minutes ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Mikkiller93

That doesn't change the fact you can make buffs that wont effect scaling
Unless your reeally mean sledge hammer everything.
For example the talent "Precision" its value for 1 talent point is 10 hit rating
Soo every other talent should be nerfed to meet that talents value ?

Of course not, soooo give me some buffs, give me more talents options instead of just taking them away.

Am i still missing something? because i'm still failing to see why this is such a complex debate.

Someone just give me a buff please, thanks. 

I don't see your point dude. You are talking about something completly different than I do plus the fact that i agree with you that some talents are too weak and could be buffed and that it is nice to get some more options and buffs. So i don't really know why u quoted me and started disagreeing with me if you are not going to discuss the things I was talking about.

Edited by Mikkiller93

@Mikkiller93

You stated that they cannot bring in buffs, if there goal is to bring down the power level.
My reply was in response to that as i disagree. 

Also if there goal is to bring in the Sledge Hammer, then they are moving at an ungodly slow speed, TBC will be here first, with new problems 😂

Edited by Ashsj1992