Zen

Ascension Q&A Video - Question Collection: Ask us Anything!

Question 1: Internal communications

Will this be done more properly in the future? Since the start of Ascension, of what i have seen happening in the balance department is that huge balance patches have been released and ad hoc solutions have been made following because of either the dungeon developers have not been aware of coming changes or had the proper time to adjust to said changes. This is clearly the case now, and this is really important for any future development. Not only for a happy gaming populace, but also for the sanity of any that works on this server.

Question 2: Testing and more testing

When pushing either new content or balance changes, is it possible to have the PTR up for month(s) ahead of time to let the community test said changes before implementing them. Not only will this let the community come with valued feedback in terms of bug discoveries or abhorrent balance decisions. This will result in the community to actually take some effort into making this project a better place for everyone, and have some investment into it. 

Question 3: Bug reports and the Bug tracker

For me personally this feels like an area that still needs a lot of work. For the moment the bug tracker are little more than a glorified dumpster and should be prioritized accordingly. You could either make a in game bug report function (if trinity core allows for this) or make the existing one more lets say "attractive".  Because nobody likes bugs, not the players nor the developers.    

*edit*

Edited by wutm8

Are there any plans to increase mystic rune acquisition now rerolling items makes them soulbound. Trying to get the RE you want now is considerably harder compared to before where you could:

1) farmfor gold to buy the item with the RE

2) rerolling your own items

Removing one of those acquisition streams has made it considerably harder for people as dungeons are not frequently run and raids have a prerequisite gear/build requirement.

Thanks! Great to be back :D

11 hours ago, Vedartha said:

Would you consider to create a custom 100.000 (100 K) Fish achievement for me ?

i allready got some names for you:

[What Did It Cost?]

[Why Are We Still Here?]

[Stay A While and Fish!]

It could also be [So Long And Thanks For All The Fish!]

if that isnt one already...

How do you feel about the PvP-meta on Bloodscalp? I feel like in spite of (or perhaps because of) the resilience changes, the meta is burstier than it's ever been. Some players have suggested increasing HP pools instead, is this something you'd consider? Would love to see you elaborate a bit on how you look at PvP burstiness.

Personally I feel like buffing resilience might make healers (and sustain builds) too strong, so it might be a better idea from a PvP perspective to buff HP, but that'd obviously affect PvE too... Tricky.

What are some strategies you're considering for making communicating what talents/abilities do/don't work together? For example, Moonkin+Berserker Stance? Or even more involved questions, like, "Does Earthshield count as a healing spell for purposes of knocking Moonkin/Shadowform out of form?" Using up resets/purges on trying to answer these basic questions feels frustrating.

(Btw, if anyone has an answer to the latter, my upcoming Boomkin Tank idea would appreciate it.)

8 hours ago, Mythrilshotgun said:

What are some strategies you're considering for making communicating what talents/abilities do/don't work together? For example, Moonkin+Berserker Stance? Or even more involved questions, like, "Does Earthshield count as a healing spell for purposes of knocking Moonkin/Shadowform out of form?" Using up resets/purges on trying to answer these basic questions feels frustrating.

(Btw, if anyone has an answer to the latter, my upcoming Boomkin Tank idea would appreciate it.)

yes, casting earth shield takes you out of boomkin, any type of "stances" i.e. berserker, boomkin, shadowform, defensive stance, do not stack. There was an extensive post on here about these type of things you may still be able to find. Hope this helps you

On 12/30/2018 at 4:12 AM, QueenSayna21 said:

Will spells like fan of knives, that require a lv 60+ character will remain at this state or can we expect to see them available very soon?

I've asked this a few times thought our the year and a half time ascensions been out of beta. atm ability's locked behind expansions will stay locked behind expansions. so fan of knives will not see the light of day until wrath.

On 1/1/2019 at 8:14 AM, SirGank said:

I've asked this a few times thought our the year and a half time ascensions been out of beta. atm ability's locked behind expansions will stay locked behind expansions. so fan of knives will not see the light of day until wrath.

Shattering Throw and Mass Dispel just managed to slip past that, right?

Right?????

9 hours ago, Gubbyascension said:

Shattering Throw and Mass Dispel just managed to slip past that, right?

Right?????

tho's where put in to counter shield and hearth back in beta, the rest of the ability's are locked behind expansions and that's how it's going to be. nothing we can do about it.

If any question gets answered from me please be this one. It's widely accepted that the majority if not all of the community wants the ptr open for testing or at least before releasing large ptr changes, why is it that the dev's are so keen on keeping the ptr open, this question has popped up many many times through the year and half  from it's own form posts to being asked on previous state of ascensions. Could we get a detailed answer?

Do you plan to vary the rewards we can trade for honor points ?
(ie, boxes with craftmen materials, mounts, comapanions)

I understand Titan Grip Nerf was due to balance ( TG casters from what I understand ) but in my experience the 15% is so punishing it makes the talent useless and the lack of TG players seems to back this up. Would it not be a better solution to make all caster weapons unique and/or main hand or to atleast back off on the penalty a bit?  

Posted (edited)

Melees and hunters have every ability with a baseline of 200% crit dmg.

Whereas casters have to invest up to 5 TE's for some specs to achieve the same goal. And that talent will most of the time only be usefull to ONE class school of magic. (think of how taking crit dmg in frost mage wont apply to frost shock/frost band)

To me, this is ruining a whole lot of possibilities in the creation of unique builds. It's only encouraging casters to make a one overbuffed spell class, because forced into it by a one class school crit dmg talent that  also costs 10% of their TE's.

So my question is the following:

Would it be possible to implement talents that improve the crit dmg of a whole school of magic, rather than a class school of magic ? Think of the way ignite works

Same for the range on spells. See how someone playing shadowdot has to resign having half of his spells handicaped by lesser range or has to take 2x2 TE's for a few yards of range that are so crucial.

I really hope this would be possible development wise. And if not, at least reduce these two types of talents in cost for every caster spec. 

Altho that second option will help balance wise, ii fear it wont give casters the classless experience they were promised on this server.

Second question; Are you planning on nerfing PvE content after the RE/abiliities nerfs go live ? If so, will these nerfs be simultanious or will there be an observation period first ?

Edited by Machia

Wouldn't it be better to let spoil loot boxes from non raid also give raid loot from mc/ony/zg. we're getting closer and closer to naxx this would seem like the best time to have a catch up mechanic for thos raids so you can get more people into bwl/ aq and naxx. we had this for the invasions and it worked out pretty well.

Is Project-Ascension really just a beta for an entire different game that is being created? Are we all just free labor for the next best future mmo?

Ever thought about making Battle and Guardian flasks persist through death.

Thanks for all of your questions! We'll be choosing the best ones for our next Q&A!

Maybe several next Q&A's, since there's so many good ones...