Vrenrik

World of Warcraft Ascension Texture Pack

Updated

I uploaded a texture pack for everyone they want World of Warcraft a little bit more in the Warlords of Draenor [overworked] style (characters, mounts, few world textures, creatures, npc's etc.).

Oh by the way i put a small extra in it (soundtracks) so have fun.

Edit: > The Pack is 3,12 GB big and include one more special folder (shaders).
        > White water bug / glitch in dungeons has been fixed.
        > Goblins model has been changed to the Cataclysm version.

WARNING

If you're not a fan of dark atmosphere don't put/use "Patch-I.MPQ". That patch makes your game mutch darker at night time.

Download link:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gi9by859g58i9ss/World+of+Warcraft+Ascension+Texture+Pack+%2B+Sounds.rar

Edited by Vrenrik

Mind posting some comparison screenshots for people who has slow internet? Good to know beforehand if it's worth downloading you know ;D

Edited by fabledtruth

Id write a lengthy explanation but its 10 PM , downloading it is partialy a waste of space since most of the patches inside are near cloned so the game will only load the "last letter" within which the latest dbc by patch letter (Or number) will be loaded first. Only patch I found worth exploring was Patch-H which is basicaly the terrain texture swap with something that looks Hd-(ish?), its out of place considering the rest of the world doesn't follow in HD style. (Patch-z contains the tree's so I guess if you want to complement the textures, its a way to go..I guess?) Id share screenshots, but the patches inside are a mess so gotta find out whats where and whats compatible with what we already have in our "call it official" pre compiled ascension HD patch. Nothing special or what you didn't see already on modcraft threads or other download sites which contains these already.

Edited by Soklava45

@ Soklava45
Jeder kann schlecht reden. Ich habe dies hier für alle veröffentlicht, die WoW mit ein paar schöneren Texturen als Standard spielen möchten. 

@ fabledtruth

Was die Screenshots angeht ... Ich weiß ehrlich nicht, wie genau ich Bilder hier einfügen soll, außer über URLs.

Edited by Vrenrik

Posted (edited)

Ah I download the file again but now by some reason appears as corrupted so I can't decopress it..

Edited: was winrar lol winrar said must be updated... I used 7z zip and I could decopress it

Edited by Medieval3D

Posted (edited)

Sorry the blood textures what patch was it?

Edited: it was patch M, lol I answer my self, well hope this help for other people who is looking some badass fx for blood, eve nwork with different creatures for bugs (such as scorpion) for example the fx is green blood 

Edited by Medieval3D

Is this updated to work with custom models, if not then why should we use this over the pack the Head GM riko posted?

@Sky

could you define what you mean with custom models. creatures, npc etc. works and i added some more extras (if you don't like it you can uninstall/change it back that should not be the problem).

On 4/3/2019 at 9:48 PM, Vrenrik said:could you define what you mean with custom models. creatures, npc etc. works and i added some more extras (if you don't like it you can uninstall/change it back that should not be the problem).

could you define what you mean with custom models. creatures, npc etc. works and i added some more extras (if you don't like it you can uninstall/change it back that should not be the problem).

I mean the ascension custom models... like the book of ascension...

Posted (edited)

The best way to get all the updated textures and things and still maintain compatibility with Ascension is to use the ones in the pinned topic by Riko. Any other additions should be grabbed by their respective creators directly on modcraft.io or modelchanging.net. However, I'll include the two patches that aren't available in .MPQ form from their creators.

He updates them VERY FREQUENTLY for use with Ascension specifically, pretty much every time one of the patch creators updates it themselves, even though he doesn't update the post every time to reflect that, so check the Google Drive link often. I personally install Leeviathan's character models (link here: http://www.modcraft.io/index.php?topic=13815.0) directly from here afterward as they have optional Boneless Undead, better feet, and helm support, make sure to get it working by renaming them so they are load after Riko's 4 packs. Riko's packs include all the major things from Finsternis including the HD Tilesets, Models, Cataclysm Trees, Cataclysm water, and tons of expansion imports from BFA and below for mobs and doodads like the mailbox, so I'd recommend just getting them from Riko for maximum compatibility with Ascension. I'd say that from this topic, the Blood Spatter (link here, click slow download: https://ulozto.net/!15zSN0Na3Lzp/blood-spatter-mod-by-inico-335a-7z) and Darker Nights {link here, click slow download: https://ulozto.net/!3cu5aTkrZtbx/darker-nights-by-skarn-335a-7z) Patches are the only true worthy additions. I personally use the Blood Spatter mod as well. The problem with Darker Nights, however, is that it's just too dark on the High Risk and PVP servers like Laughing Skull.

The main problem with packs like this one is that you'll need to reupload the whole thing whenever the actual creator of each patch updates or fixes a bug.

I figured I'd include here while I'm at it, 3 graphics macros that I use for more grass etc. Set these macros AFTER you set up your graphics options.

Macro 1:

/console farclip 1600
/console horizonFarclipScale 6
/console skycloudlod 3
/console waterDetail 3
/console reflectionMode 3
/console rippleDetail 2
/console shadowmode 3
/console shadowtexturesize 2048
/console particleDensity 100

Macro 2:

/console environmentDetail 150
/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console groundEffectDist 600
/console groundEffectFade 1277
/console spellEffectLevel 200
/console ffxGlow 1
/console ffxspecial 1
/console ffxnetherworld 1
/console ffxDeath 1

Macro 3:

/console sunshafts 2
/console textureFilteringMode 4
/console terrainMipLevel 0
/console ssao 2
/console ssaoblur 2
/console weatherDensity 3
/console violencelevel 5
/console gxmultisample 8

Lastly, and it's somewhat important. If you ever experience crashes or wow errors, it can be due to wow running out of memory with it's 32bit 2gb of RAM limitation. It is recommended that you patch the WoW.exe with Large Address Aware (link here: https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/large-address-aware.112556/) so your WoW.exe can use more than 2gb of RAM

Sorry to hijack your thread a little bit, just trying to help everyone get the absolute most HD experience on this server.

Edited by beauenheim
I forgot to read.

There's an issue for the white water ? :o But a big thanks for your pack!!!