itswicky

PTR Testing 20/11

11 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

add>Rabid has its duration increased to 25 sec, from 20.

Wow! TY !

Just in case you guys still looking to reduce Pet Damage PvP vice, you could reduce Rabid Chance to generate a stack of Rabid Power (Currently 50%) so it would take longer to ramp up in PvP. By constantly Attacking a Target it reaches the 5 Stacks after arround 10 Seconds.

Where do you see that?

11 minutes ago, AG007 said:

Where do you see that?

First post of itswicky is a link to a google doc.

Edited by Vedartha

Mystic Orb Shards gained from the World Events and those that drop from NPCs and Professions aint stack. They create separate stacks in the bag and cant be stacked together by dragging them ontop of each other.

The Talent Blessed Hands from Holy Paadin aint increasin the Threat reduction of Hand of Salvation. Its Effect remains at 5% / Second (50% total). Iam Sorry that was a Math failure by me, it correctly increases the Effect.

Where do you see that?

Edited by Vedartha

49 minutes ago, Vedartha said:

Mystic Orb Shards gained from the World Events and those that drop from NPCs and Professions aint stack. They create separate stacks in the bag and cant be stacked together by dragging them ontop of each other.

The Talent Blessed Hands from Holy Paadin aint increasin the Threat reduction of Hand of Salvation. Its Effect remains at 5% / Second (50% total).

Where do you see that?

Nvm, the document didnt update on my phone, so couldn't see.

Kinda sad to see increased rage generation go for DW. Is this an oversight in balance or are you planning to add this somewhere else or keep the option only through Unbridled Wrath?

@itswicky

Edited by Gubbyascension

1 minute ago, Gubbyascension said:

Kinda sad to see increased rage generation go for DW. Is this an oversight in balance or are you planning to add this somewhere else or keep the option only through Unbridled Wrath?

@itswicky

What are you talking about? DWing generates a disgusting amount of rage.

1 hour ago, Gubbyascension said:

@itswicky

Said this earlier aswell... got no reaction :/

"Fury" got left behind quite a bit so far 

2 hours ago, smart blart said:

What are you talking about? DWing generates a disgusting amount of rage.

I am aware, hence why I tagged Wicky in hopes of fishing some thought process out of interest, not aiming for other player standpoints at this current time, thanks.

Giving ArP to every melee spec is nice and all but when are we going to see Mpen in talents ?
Cuz i gotta say, resistance is the most anti-fun mechanic there is, and it is completely abused atm.

Sure you can obtain some via gear. But since melee's are getting free arpen in talents I see no reason casters shouldnt as well.

#makecastersequal

#devsplaymelee

Should include Slam back into Wrecking Crew, sad to see the Slam build get an unintentional nerf (intentional?)

Overall my pve hunter is seeing about a 10% dps loss, Autoshot/Wildquiver still overwhelms most of the other shots, they are still not worth the investment

Improved revive pet should include something to make it a reasonable choice

Backstab seems subpar, even with the changes

Hybrid is better but needs some supporting REs. +1% damage buff for each damage type dealt in the last 8 seconds or something. 

For the love of god fix the spiders in ZG already so we are not stuck in combat forever, this is like a year old now

Some of the trash in BWL is worse than the bosses - AQ ruins has a better balance

Frost is dead at the moment, the molten fury 'bug' is the only thing that made 80% of holy caster dps

Alright, sorry for the delay, but here's some updates on what we've been working on.

Empowered Stormstrike should now work as described on its tooltip.

Exorcism had its PvP damage mod changed to 70% damage to players, from 80%.

Hammer of Wrath had its PvP damage mod changed to 80% damage to players, from 90%.

Sanctity of Battle effect now increases Hammer of Wrath damage to players by 15%, from 25%.

Rabid now lasts 25 seconds.

Two-Handed Weapon Mastery is now exclusive to Battle and Berserker Stances.

We still have a few more final things to tweak and test before the patch is ready to go out, but we're getting very close now. I apologize for the silence for the past few days, I've just been very busy with IRL things since this is a very popular holiday weekend in the States. Right now we're: finishing up the Assuaging Shadows rework and finishing the implementation and numbers tuning of Empowered Stormstrike. I unfortunately haven't had time to catch up on comments just yet, but feel free to @me here again with your question and I'll do my best to address them.

Wicky, could you please explain Blazing Speed and Bloodrage nerfs? Most changes are logical and for the good, but I dont see why you make these 2 particular changes since both effects work well as is and nerfs are for worse imo

Edited by mindw0rk

1 minute ago, mindw0rk said:

Wicky, could you please explain Blazing Speed and Bloodrage nerfs?

Bloodrage reduced rage gen was a mistake and has been reverted. Sorry about that one!

Blazing speed has been a must have talent for basically every build in PvP and it fits so easily because it's only 2 points or an RE or two. We simply wanted to make the investment in order to get such an incredibly high value PvP pick a little higher.

9 minutes ago, itswicky said:

Bloodrage reduced rage gen was a mistake and has been reverted. Sorry about that one!

Blazing speed has been a must have talent for basically every build in PvP and it fits so easily because it's only 2 points or an RE or two. We simply wanted to make the investment in order to get such an incredibly high value PvP pick a little higher.

Must have? I know very little players who have it. Almost no melee and hunter picks it, mostly casters and even among them its rarity. It doesnt even proc that often with 2 talents and epic RE. Unless you have lots of things hitting you.

There are many talents that need attention, blazing speed isnt one of them.

Edited by mindw0rk

2 minutes ago, mindw0rk said:

Must have? I know very little players who have it. Almost no melee and hunters pick it, mostly casters and even among them its rarity. It doesnt even proc that often with 2 talents and epic RE. Unless you have lots of things hitting you.

There are many talents that need attention, blazing speed isnt one of them.

It's currently the 5th most used RE on LS and a top talent pick as well. We simply have data that would suggest otherwise, and when we look even further to see what the top PvPers are picking accross our realms, this is a very, very common pickup because it has such little investment and high value. 

3 minutes ago, jungla said:

@itswickyHeya! Can we expect a update on the PTR with these new things to test?

Yes. Some of these things are already available to test, and I'll shoot out another post when the rest is updated as well.

2 minutes ago, Beastly said:

Is Exorcism/Hammer not working gonna be fixed on PTR so we can test it? :)

These weren't disabled. Seems like some other issue with the spells. Looking into it now.

On 11/23/2018 at 3:25 AM, mecar said:

- Frostbrand seems to be doing more damage than intended, i am getting upward of 1.4k frostbrand crits (fully buffed) without Spirit Weapons right now.

We're looking into this now as well. Seems to have correct base values, but is scaling with spell power greater than intended.

3 minutes ago, itswicky said:

We're looking into this now as well. Seems to have correct base values, but is scaling with spell power greater than intended.

Which is sad because it could really have used a PvE buff 😛

1 hour ago, itswicky said:

It's currently the 5th most used RE on LS and a top talent pick as well. We simply have data that would suggest otherwise, and when we look even further to see what the top PvPers are picking accross our realms, this is a very, very common pickup because it has such little investment and high value. 

Im sorry, but I find that really hard to believe. Something must be wrong with your data, lol. Blazing Speed hasn't been relevant ever since you put an internal cd on it the first time which is long ago now. Not even flag carriers run this RE anymore and I've yet to find anyone else who does.

All you did with this nerf is making Blazing Speed totally useless.

I would believe you if you said it was Improved Blink that was the top talent pick as it has quite a lot value for a 2 point talent. Speaking of Improved Blink is that nerf set in stone, because it seems really bad now and honestly useless. Most of the time Blink is used as a gap opener so having reduced dmg taken for 3 sec after using blink wont do anything because at the time the enemy catches up to you again those 3 sec will be over. And when somebody blinks the most common move is to get a CC off, so you can catch up again so like, whats 30% reduced dmg on coil or shadowfury gonna do? The current improved blink was a lot better because you could actually avoid those CCs after blinking.

1 minute ago, AG007 said:

Im sorry, but I find that really hard to believe. Something must be wrong with your data, lol. Blazing Speed hasn't been relevant ever since you put an internal cd on it the first time which is long ago now. Not even flag carriers run this RE anymore and I've yet to find anyone else who does.

+1

5 minutes ago, AG007 said:

All you did with this nerf is making Blazing Speed totally useless.

I would believe you if you said it was Improved Blink that was the top talent pick as it has quite a lot value for a 2 point talent. Speaking of Improved Blink is that nerf set in stone, because it seems really bad now and honestly useless. Most of the time Blink is used as a gap opener so having reduced dmg taken for 3 sec after using blink wont do anything because at the time the enemy catches up to you again those 3 sec will be over. And when somebody blinks the most common move is to get a CC off, so you can catch up again so like, whats 30% reduced dmg on coil or shadowfury gonna do? The current improved blink was a lot better because you could actually avoid those CCs after blinking.

Improved Blink wasn't an obvious change for us, but ultimately it creates some frustrating game play with its current design. You use the ability and sometimes some huge CC from your opponent, which feels really bad to play against as its easy to use against spell with travel times E.G Death Coil. Ultimately we didn't like the way the RNG felt to play with or against, so we decided to change it.

As far as the data we have with Blazing Speed, it's pretty conclusive. I understand it might not feel that way, especially if you generally play with/against the same individuals depending on your play time and other things, but we know it's very commonly used on hardcore and that it's a very powerful effect for very little investment, even with the ICD. It's possible that if we see less hunter pets and demons in PvP then this spell will lose some value and need a slight buff to compete again, and so we'll continue to evaluate it, but we are confident in this change at this time.

As an update, we are currently moving updates over to PTR once again and all the changes I've listed in my previous post should be reflected there after the next restart. Our last few objectives at this point are to finish the Assuaging Shadows rework, which we've been working on and are working on currently, and find a slow solution for Arms. We expect to see many of these changes going to live soon, but as long as the PTR is up we will continue to look for your feedback.