itswicky

Dev Update #71

9 minutes ago, itswicky said:

We've got the sets going live now, so unfortunately no time to change now, but I do really like the suggestion. We'll look at doing something similar for future sets.

Aw, well okay then.¬†ūüėź

Are some stats on few of the sets (hunter, druid) going to get changed? As it is now druid set looks like terrible thing stat wise for bears. I honestly would still consider deathdealer over that set...

2h hybrid seems like 90% pvp spec, i know of 2 - 3 pve playing 2h hybrids. Just add hotr to the 5 set.

Warrior set looks good it's simple and adds some more flavor over what it used to be on retail. You need to keep an eye out on it tho that 40% dmg might get crazy in pvp. The only thing i feel disappointed with about this set is lack of additional DR that 2h tank needs, 15% parry on 100% uptime is still worse thn 35% block on 100% uptime. Maybe change the threat of demoshout in 2 set to like 10% DR? Threat isnt a problem at all.

Rest of the sets are for casters and im just a dumb melee.

6 hours ago, itswicky said:

Hey all! Sorry for another late night, or early morning, post. I'm here though to now update you guys on some finalized changes we've made to the AQ 40 sets and more. However, I want to first give a huge thank you and shout out to everyone who gave us feedback in the matter through this forum thread, discord, and in game. You were all a massive help in getting the design just right and having them finalized. We're really happy with where the sets ended up and are looking forward to potentially doing more in the future. We also hope to learn from any mistakes and do an even better job with set going forward. Especially since it's likely we'll get more development time on them. We also have a small surprise for you guys that we hope you will enjoy as well, which I'll discuss afterwards.

So I won't be reposting all the sets again, but instead will post any changes we've made an will try to update some you all with some of the scaling you'll be seeing with some of the effects.

Druid 5 set- The cat form effect will have about a 10% chance to trigger from critical strikes.
The seed of life effect from the Tree form bonus will have a 1% spell power scaling per tick per stack, so 7% per tick each second at max stacks, and the bloom effect will scale with ~40% of your spell power. Neither have a target limit.

After testing we found these numbers to have a strong result in all the different shapeshift forms. We'll definitely monitor feedback on live as players start collecting and experimenting with the set.

Hunter 5 set- The effect remains the same, but now triggers from every Chimera Shot and has a 50% chance to trigger from your Mongoose Bite. The DoT effect scales with ~6% of your RAP per tick per stack. The Expunge effect scales with 64% of your RAP and does not have a target cap and now deals 50% damage to players.

We had a lot of feedback regarding the original design of this set, and we ended up working many hours to get this one, along with the others, changed and tested. You all made very strong points, so we decided to have the effect not only trigger from a universally used Hunter ability, but also added in melee to the mix for those of you rocking Surv Hunter builds. ‚̧ԳŹ

Paladin 5 set- Scaling increased to 33% (11% to players).

After doing some numbers we found the set bonus to be just under where we would like it to be, so we bumped the scaling up.

Priest 3 set- For clarification, will not work with HoT effects.
Priest 5 set- the power of the second effect will be 50%.

The second spell applied by this set will also scale with any respective modifiers and should also work with talents like Rapture, Reflective Shield, Empowered Renew, Shadow Affinity, etc.

Rogue 5 set- Now increases your melee attack power by 10 per stack and also increases the damage of your Rogue combo point generators by 1% per stack.

A lot of the feedback we got on this set was that while the design was good, it was a very general bonus compared to the other sets and we didn't want every build to simply gravitate to one of the already strongest sets in the bunch. So we decided to cut back a little on the general bonus and add something for Rogue builds specifically. This should result in a slightly weaker set overall for builds not running rogue abilities, but should actually be a slight buff to builds actually using rogue abilities.

Warlock 5 set- Shadowburn damage increased by 200% (100% to players) on low health targets.

We will be monitoring this damage in PvP, but we don't expect it to get too high. Shadowburn doesn't have much in the way of bonus scaling or modifiers and casters don't have many reliable executes at the moment aside from the few flat % damage increases they can opt for. Also, we do plan on removing the Soul Shard cost of Shadowburn baseline with this update.

Warrior 5 set- Thunder Clap bonus damage now 30% (15% to players).

We were a little worried with the amount of power this bonus may have in PvP with 2H builds. We do like that it offers a way to help punch through very tanky builds, but we don't want their AoE/cleave damage to get too out of hand, so we're going to play on the safe side with this bonus.

Before I spoil the small surprise we have for you I want to again say thanks to everyone in the community who came out and voiced the opinions/questions/comments/concerns with us in regards to the sets. We hope you guys are as happy with them as we are, and again, we look forward to getting the opportunity to do this again for you guys in the future. Now...

We're going to be taking a small pass at the AQ 40 trinkets and making minor changes/buffs across the board. When I say minor I do mean minor, and we believe that's all most of these trinkets really need. We will be keeping almost all of the existing effects in tact and making minor adjustments to bring their power up respective to their item level. There's honestly some really fun effects that these trinkets offer, but most of them are just not quite good enough to justify replacing trinkets like the all powerful BWL ones. We believe that raiding progression should be something you look forward to and not simply your 1000th shard. So without further ado:

Shard of the Fallen Star
Binds when picked up
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 75
Equip: Increases your haste rating by 30.
Use: Calls down a meteor, burning all enemies within the area for 950 to 1050 (50% to players) total Fire damage. (2 minutes cooldown)

Badge of the Swarmguard
Binds when picked up
Unique
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 76
Equip: Increases your expertise rating by 12
Use: Gives a chance on melee or ranged attack to apply an armor penetration effect on you for 30 sec, increasing your armor penetration rating by 28 (6.56% @ L60). The armor penetration effect can be applied up to 6 times. (2 minutes cooldown)

Petrified Scarab
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 76
Equip: Increases your Stamina by 30.
Use: Increases your spell resistances by 100 for 1 min. Every time a hostile spell lands on you, this bonus is reduced by 10 resistance. (3 minutes cooldown)

Fetish of the Sand Reaver
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 77
Equip: Increases your Spell Power by 37.
Equip: Your spells have a chance to grant you 45 mp5 for 15 seconds. (1 minute ICD)

Use: Reduces the threat you generate by 70-2*MAX(0,PL-60)% for 20 sec. (3 minutes cooldown)

Scarab Brooch
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 78
Equip: Increases your Spirit by 22.
Use: Your magical heals provide the target with a shield that absorbs damage for up to 15% of the amount healed for 20 sec. (2 minutes cooldown)

The Burrower's Shell
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 81
200 Armor
Equip: Increases your Dodge rating by 16.
Use: Absorbs 2000 damage. Lasts 20 sec. (2 minutes cooldown)

Jom Gabbar
Binds when picked up
Unique-Equipped
Trinket
Requires Level 60
Item Level 81
Use: Increases attack power by 70 and an additional 70 every 2 sec. Lasts 20 sec. (2 minutes cooldown)

We hope that you guys are happy with the above changes. We'll have this all out to you shortly. Most of you will probably be reading this on the changelog before seeing this forum post :D Anyway, cheers Heroes!

I like the trinket and set changes except one... Deathdealer.

This is yet another disappointing change for dual wield hybrids, who don't even have any set bonus they can go for.

Deathdealer: The stats are heavily weighted towards agility, which benefits physical damage dealers more. The 3p is okay, the AP from 5p was good and is now okay-ish while the combo point generator stuff is useless and the only build that will benefit from that are mutilate and bstab build. Looking like the best set so far but... its disproportionately weaker for hybrids then it is for physical strenght users.... lets not even talk about physical agi builds which are getting the biggest boost.

Avenger Set: no hit rating at all... meaning you have to use a lot of your offset pieces on hit rating and even spend some talent points to be hitcapped for spells in pve... 5p bonus is useless for dual wield hybrids, we only use HotR (holy shock, exorcism, crusader strike and divine storm arent great for us). Same thing for 5p: I dont understand why Hotr wasnt added to this bonus. Just give me ONE logical reason why, just ONE (Especially after adding Mongoose bite to hunter set). This is the same situation as Consecratred Strikes, the devs try to always push 2H seal spec while forgetting about the dual wield variant.

Shaman set: Terrible stats. Terrible set bonuses. The lightning shield 3p is a joke for hybrids.

Conqueror Set: Wasted stats on tank itemization. Terrible set bonuses.

Strength pieces without any set: weaker than 5p deathdealer. Yup, thats how stupid deathdealer set is going to be, even though its statted a lot of agi, its still better than dedicated strength gear for strength users.

"Oh but dual wield hybrids are performing decently right now"

So are Melee hunters, so is mutilate, so are agility TGs etc... but dual wield hybrids get the lower upgrade from sets, have no trinket upgrade, no weapon upgrade etc...

If I'm barely competing with an agility TG and a melee hunter right now... how am i expected to compete when they get a dark edge of insanity and 5p deathdealer or hunter 5p, which they will benefit from more than I do ?

Edited by mecar

20 hours ago, mecar said:

I like the trinket and set changes except one... Deathdealer.

This is yet another disappointing change for dual wield hybrids, who don't even have any set bonus they can go for.

Deathdealer: The stats are heavily weighted towards agility, which benefits physical damage dealers more. The 3p is okay, the AP from 5p was good and is now okay-ish while the combo point generator stuff is useless and the only build that will benefit from that are mutilate and bstab build. Looking like the best set so far but... its disproportionately weaker for hybrids then it is for physical strenght users.... lets not even talk about physical agi builds which are getting the biggest boost.

Avenger Set: no hit rating at all... meaning you have to use a lot of your offset pieces on hit rating and even spend some talent points to be hitcapped for spells in pve... 5p bonus is useless for dual wield hybrids, we only use HotR (holy shock, exorcism, crusader strike and divine storm arent great for us). Same thing for 5p: I dont understand why Hotr wasnt added to this bonus. Just give me ONE logical reason why, just ONE (Especially after adding Mongoose bite to hunter set). This is the same situation as Consecratred Strikes, the devs try to always push 2H seal spec while forgetting about the dual wield variant.

Shaman set: Terrible stats. Terrible set bonuses. The lightning shield 3p is a joke for hybrids.

Conqueror Set: Wasted stats on tank itemization. Terrible set bonuses.

Strength pieces without any set: weaker than 5p deathdealer. Yup, thats how stupid deathdealer set is going to be, even though its statted a lot of agi, its still better than dedicated strength gear for strength users.

"Oh but dual wield hybrids are performing decently right now"

So are Melee hunters, so is mutilate, so are agility TGs etc... but dual wield hybrids get the lower upgrade from sets, have no trinket upgrade, no weapon upgrade etc...

If I'm barely competing with an agility TG and a melee hunter right now... how am i expected to compete when they get a dark edge of insanity and 5p deathdealer or hunter 5p, which they will benefit from more than I do ?

I can definitely understand where you're coming from and feel your frustrations. That said, I'd like to start off by saying that you make a great point about the exclusion of HotR on the Paladin set, so we plan on adding it in the near future. Second I'd like to say that the issues with hybrids isn't something that we should, or plan on fixing through things like set bonuses. It will be something we have to sit down and do some testing and have discussions on. Which I've said a few times recently is something we'll be doing in the near future. In fact our next update is planned to have changes to melee builds, and that does include hybrid. So, we apologize for missing an opportunity initially with the Paladin set, but we do really appreciate you taking the time to come on the forums and let us know about it so we can make changes that benefit the community as a whole. ‚̧ԳŹ