Sign in to follow this  
Shiru

Flasks and Elixirs

Hey, I was suggesting this a few times already but I think I never explained in detail why I think that Flasks and Elixirs should be use able together.

First of all, in vanilla you could stack every Elixir, that isn't what I'm asking for at all !!!

What I'm asking for is to be able to use 1 Battle Elixir, 1 Guardian Elixir, and 1 Flask. That's it.

there are so many Herbs that are somewhat worthless because there is next to no demand for it.

Here is everything crafted from Plaguebloom.

kZm2wlG.png

Brute Force and Mongoose are one of the best Elixirs around but since they are not useable with a Flask, they are not used in raids much.

here is everything crafted with Gromsblood.

vEIDFY8.png

Only Flask of Titans is really used on this Server.

Since Herb farming aside from Groms and Dreamfoil is not effective bc of Spawns and locations, it becomes a chore, being less attractive overall makes the prices for those Herbs as expensive as they are.

Here is everything crafted with Ghost Mushrooms.

RsGt9DW.png

Nothing crafted with this Herb is actually used on this Server, even though Players would use em if they were more available.

Elixir of ShadowPower is a cost-effective alternative to Greater Arcane Elixirs for Casters who don't profit of crit or just prefer to have more Spell Power.

vZbkOUS.png

Elixir of Fire Power ( same as shadow power adds general spell power not type specific)  that adds a use for Firefin Snapper for which otherwise, there is absolutely none.

1aKAf5e.png 

The only negative, I can say about the whole Elixir stuff is, that since the changes from BC / Wotlk left healers a bit unfavored. Mp5 was used in Vanilla, if I'm not mistaking Spellpower from Pots isn't Heal power therefor there are only Stat or mp5 providing Elixirs which are mostly Guardian , like Mageblood Elixir, buff it a bit and make either Greater Fire Power or Elixir of Shadowpower give only Healing SP if you have some love for Healers and don't want them to feel left out by only being able to use Guardian Elixirs.  

EDIT: Gubbyascension  -> pointed out that Arcane and Greater Arcane Elixir affect both. 

In that case Healers would have a Battle Elixir as well, just not an option for an Elixir without crit.

k1nmLfV.png

But .. we could also talk about BuffFood ...

udyiFuh.png 

was used in Vanilla for Healers, since MP5 is out of proportion low valued for our custom Talent/ability System, no one uses it here. Even tho it stacks with Well Fed and would be a great Ressource Sink for Healers if it would make a difference ( buff the value x 5-10 and it's actually decent-good Bufffood that will be used..)

foGJxNE.png 

do the same for this. ( they both Stack with each other and well fed ). 

And please make Clams great again...

mBwC8cg.png

make them not BoP on andorhal, its just good buff food that people want to use but can't because they don't want to do a quest for the recipe, get cooking to 300 , and farm themselves some meat for it, when technically on LS or back on Sarg, you could just buy them from someone else.

Raids mostly use Flask and for Progression or even farm raids, some people would always do whatever increases their performance. That also means that some Player may want to use a stack or two of them for a raid boss they are trying to Progress on. And while it shouldn't be needed to use Pots after every Death, being able to use only 1 Elixir of both types with a Flask, would provide the possibility for extra time investment while not forcing it on Players who don't want to put in the extra time/gold.

Its important for a Server that it feels alive... and this is something that would make players want to herb because there would be more demand for it.

This would also make players use a profession that is otherwise mostly really used by a few players that craft the Titans/Supremes which Guilds use for raids.

Ay long post, good to be back I guess. 

Edited by Shiru

I would really love this idea. I actually switched to Bountiful Gift so I don't have to use Flask in raid (unless Skeram/Sartura) but buff myself with Juju for more damage.

In my opinion this is really great idea. As mentioned above it would make use of other herbs as well and in regards of open world pvp... it may create more opportunities to do so especially on Laughing Skull (High Risk realms), especially when people want to be as strong as possible.

On 10/24/2018 at 6:13 AM, Shiru said:

The only negative, I can say about the whole Elixir stuff is, that since the changes from BC / Wotlk left healers a bit unfavored. Mp5 was used in Vanilla, if I'm not mistaking Spellpower from Pots isn't Heal power

Arcane and Greater Arcane Elixir affect both.

Regardless, while I do agree that amplifying some buff foods could be considered (perhaps even a slight duration increase is in order too), the ability should not come free. Flasks were for a reasonably long time internally discussed on reducing their sole efficiency.

Their WOTLK values are originally 400/70 anyway for Titans/Supreme. It's not like it would come as a surprise for anyone, and the reverted change to their original values is a long, aged decision that has since then proven an issue.