Hi all, hope you are all alright This will be a post summarising my experiences and thoughts as a veteran WoW player but new to Ascension. Just to get it out of the way sarting moments and leveling were really fun. You can be whatever you want and you get the items you need to level smoothly. One small note is that I would prefer to be able to pick your racials too but that's just a flavour thing.
Now let's get to the meat of this whole thing and the reasoning for my post - I'm around 58 and I don't want to ding to 60. In a world where TG exists and players in Moonkin Form with 8k health charge you with 2 giant axes and crit you for 5k I don't want to bring my fragile mage-like Hero to 60. There is no catch-up system in place. There is no way I can compete with a zerg group of raiders who took the easy way gearing up. Crow Cache? What Crow Cache all I saw was a massive swarm of guildies who dominated everything. Why is RE even in the game? All it does it enables people to stack Stamina and get their damage through RE, rather than sacrificing survivalability for damage stats/talents. RE are not interesting in any way, they are just stats and damage boost - something that this server clearly has an abundance of already. It creates a MASSIVE disparity between new players and old ones. Why is raiding even a thing on a PVP focused realm, you have the other one for that. On a realm where currently gear determines everything you can't get very good gear through PVP?! It was a Vanilla problem and it seems it's LS problem too. Sure I could zerg with my in-game friends too...oh wait I don't have any. I'm new and while leveling I've met literally 2 people. 60s stay in major cities, queue for raids and bgs, and only leave in massive groups. World PvP is absolutely dead. the problems and issues are blatantly obvious yet very little seems to have been done. I read some changelogs and watched some videos and yet I'm left baffled. Drastic change is needed in order to retain new players or the server will die. Which would be a shame because as far as I know this is the only classless server and I love the idea of it.
Do I know how to fix it? No, I don't claim that and the suggestions I am going to give are probably flawed and won't work as I imagine but hey we need to try something:
1. Remove RE, they are unnecessary and bloat the damage to gargantuan and unsustainable proportions.
2. Increase item drop rate, especially epics. Farming players is fun, farming mobs isn't. If I wanted to farm mobs to progress I'd join Blizzlike servers.
3. Remove raids. It's counter-intuitive that the way to get solid items on a PvP realm is through PvE. It wides the already wide gap between players.
4. Create honour vendors or some other currency that you can get by killing players. You can spend that for good items as an alternative to raiding.
5. More/Easy respeccing. One of my biggest issues is that I can't test stuff. I'm not necessarily talking about specs, just the functionality between tweaked abilities. For example stances and stealth. From purely mechanical point of view I don't know what interacts with what in what way. Asking in global chat doesn't does nothing. Tooltips aren't detailed enough to explain to me what stacks and what doesn't, not always. I don't want to farm and farm and farm, and respec only to find those two spells/talents don't interact the way I think.
6. Introduce party penalties. If you are in a group, the players that you kill will drop less and less items depending on the group size. More than 6 players (aka raid group) will yield absolutely nothing from killed players. It would deter zerging.
7. OPTIONAL - I would prefer to see only Vanilla talents and spells. TBC and Wrath abilities aren't made for Vanilla items and lack of resilience. It's fun, don't get me wrong but I feel it might be causing a lot of balancing issues.
Feel free to discus but be respectful. I'm simply putting my opinion and I genuinely want the server to get better and grow.