Zukien

Sargeras Updates (Raid Sizes, XP Rates, and another Poll!)

Book of Ascension  

135 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Would you like the Book of Ascension to be available:

• Immediately Upon Release
    • On a delay based on the first Horde and Alliance players hitting 60
    • A time delay of one (1) month

Release_Details_Sargeras.png

Heroes,

We have asked your opinions on different aspects of the Sargeras realm, and you have responded! This post will serve as an update on the realm, and will help to prepare you for playing on Sargeras!

Raid Sizes

Raid Sizes on Sargeras have been decided on by the community! Raids on Sargeras will be 25-man moving forward, and will allow for groups to be more easily formed and managed. The results of this poll indicated that 80% of the playerbase agreed on 25-mans being the definitive size. Thank you for your feedback!

Experience Rates

This was more of a complicated matter. A lot of opinions became clear through feedback, and we worked diligently on a solution that could benefit the player base as a whole.

Experience rates will be set at a standard of 3x, with the majority of the community voting for this number (70%). However there is another option available to you as a player…

The Scroll of Resolution will be available from a vendor within each starting area. The scroll will be free of cost, and will give you the option of switching permanently to 1x experience rates. Your character will be given the exclusive and illustrious title of “the Resolute”, and this scroll must be used at level 1.

The Book of Ascension

The poll on this thread is designed to help us determine if the Book of Ascension will be available immediately upon release, or if there would be a delay. The delay would be determined by you, with these options: the first players reaching level 60 on both the Horde and Alliance, a time delay of one month, or an immediate availability.

We thank you for your participation, feedback, and commitment to Project-Ascension.

• Like 3

So Raid sizes will only be 25 on Sargeras and continue to be their default values for Andorhal? (MC is 40, ZG being 20, UBRS being 10 (fits 15 however)

Edited by Gubbyascension

Excuse my ignorance but with the  Book of Ascension does it just summon a reusable companion on all your characters on that realm that lets you level all your spells ? And if someone has it right now during beta will it transfer to live server even if a delay is put on buying it again? Or will we receive it when it is "unlocked" again?

Edited by giranda90

22 minutes ago, giranda90 said:

Excuse my ignorance but with the  Book of Ascension does it just summon a reusable companion on all your characters on that realm that lets you level all your spells ? And if someone has it right now during beta will it transfer to live server even if a delay is put on buying it again? Or will we receive it when it is "unlocked" again?

Hey giranda90, I just barely read this and your questions are covered in it I believe. 

Superb idea on the title reward for leveling at 1x rate on Sargeras! This team really knows how to give incentives and proper player rewards! Reminds me of Marvel Heroes prestige system (almost) instead of the mindless, stupidity of Diablo 3's difficulty settings.

Eh, the title idea is good, but i still think its too OP for people who just go AOE and powerlevel to 60 in a few hours... I still prefer my suggested 1x mob, 3x quest compromise.... but, meh.

3 hours ago, Rhaena Targaryen said:

Eh, the title idea is good, but i still think its too OP for people who just go AOE and powerlevel to 60 in a few hours... I still prefer my suggested 1x mob, 3x quest compromise.... but, meh.

please no, 1x mob 3x quest. if people want to spend there ae and te to make an aoe spec let them do it. I play vanilla for the endgame ive leveled hundreds of characters, dont need to do it again with normal rates

Good decision on the XP. I am tired of leveling to 60 tbh, i've only done it 100 times. No reason to punish the climb to vanilla leveling with such a cool idea as a classless server. I see it as a great invitation to new players and old alike.

Book of Ascension? On launch, no contest. Whether or not that is a paid item or available to everyone, it doesn't matter to me, I already own it. Give me one reason why you nerds would actually enjoy running through Orgrimmar to your trainer to level your spells every single time you leveled an even level.

• Like 1

I would like to point out that the 'poll' has 3 options, but two of the options are basicly for delay and would have their voter base split among the options. Unless the option for 'release immidiately' becomes more than 50% it wouldn't represent the majority.

My thoughts on the Book of Ascension is that it can be a huge advantage compareable to experience potions. Why is there a poll about this? I can guess it is probably because people feel that it is an unfair advantage to have in the levelling race. Even though I don't personaly enjoy to run all around a major city without movement speed; I do understand why people would feel that the Book of Ascension is p2w in early game.

1 hour ago, 25toten said:

Book of ascension is just a quality of life pet, it does no real advantage to anyone who has it.

I see it how Azero see's it.... it does seem like a leveling advantage... not having to go to town every 2 levels or so to learn all your spells is huge /played wise it adds up

On 7/8/2017 at 3:24 PM, giranda90 said:

I see it how Azero see's it.... it does seem like a leveling advantage... not having to go to town every 2 levels or so to learn all your spells is huge /played wise it adds up

Almost - but noncaster builds don't really need new ranks and efficient routes didn't involve learning new skills ASAP anyway. The real comparison about the book is Astral Recall/Portal Mastery. They reduce town visits to about a minute and while the book is still instant, the advantage between them and the book is so minute that it won't add up to anything significant in the end.

Edited by lunababy
  • Like 1