Owondyah

Main Menu Theme (just an idea, thought, suggestion... whatever)

I've been thinking....

While listening to this song which is still work in progress I was like "damn, this would kinda fit that desert screen on Ascension!"

So I've muted game sounds, opened the main menu, let the song play and recorded it.

What do YOU think? Is it good fit?

Question for staff: if it IS a good fit and you like it, would you be willing to do it ;) ? We would give you the song files free of charge, with just a credits in return.

Disclaimer: drums in the song are just "placed to be there" and are definitely subject to change. It's gonna be done in week or so when we will finalize the instrumental.

Far from a grand piece to be in a WoW game. WoW music makes the world feel large and rich. This doesn't, especially not with the constant same repeating drums throughout the entire song and overall lack of variance.

If anything they just should replace the wotlk theme with the classic one.

Edited by Qormagg

Except that when I listen to the vanilla instrumental it sounds like a stripped down version of the wotlk one to me lol, but yeah no, this doesnt fit an adventure typed game such as this, perhaps something like Diablo 2 or path of exile, sure. But world of warcraft? far from it. It fits the backround screen sure, but not the game it represents itself.

Also you'd need to adjust the song to fit it "mechanicaly" into the game, as you see, for a log in music to feel there it needs to be partialy loopable, or long enough to be enjoyable till you get to your character in game, past which, its irrelevant whether its there or not.

Personaly for me it doesnt matter whether we have a backround music or not, because I just turn it off ingame, or in this case, Im so quickly past the log in screen that I barely get to hear the start of the music at all.

Great piece of music.. Not even close the the right aesthetic. Sorry friend. 

The instruments are way out of place. 

This would work wonders for an Indi steampunk game.. 

OK.. It just got heavy.. Not a fan. 

However.. Always cool to see people from the community offer interesting ideas.. :) so thank you. 

I love the song! Thank you for the offer. I'm not sure if we have any plans to change the theme music but I will definitely pass this to the team.

While great idea the problem with Songs comes with Licensing, easiest solution if possible however would be if the Music would come in a file and someone could just replace it with a song they would prefer.

I've clearly stated drums aren't yet finished, and whole track is work in progress. Saying this cuz I see some ppl have issues with repetitive drums.

Its obviously isn't orchestral themed stuff, but Ascension isn't typical wow server so... /shrug :) But I completely agree that it is kinda out of place lore wise, BUT AGAIN (lol) Ascension doesn't really follow lore that much with all that cross faction stuff.

This is more like alternative/grunge/metal theme and what got me to feel the connection is that clean part which kinda fits overall desert themed background.

Dunno... just sharing some random thoughts while working on a song ;)

Thanks for honesty and quality feedback!

I'll keep the track online for few more days before deleting it :) I'll post it in offtopic once it's finished ;)

Would be great if can be replaced with the official vanilla main music 

or also replace with the music of the wow vanilla trailer...(including the animation sounds)