Sign in to follow this  
Ashsj1992

Stealth in the LS Meta

Posted (edited)

Who playing Stealth this meta ? Good luck with that. 

The majority are are Hybrids with Starfall and Casters with DoTs.
Don't even get me started on players spamming Holy Nova, why is that even a build?? 

1: Fix the meta.

2: Remove perma stealth add a duration to Stealth like Vanish. 
   Then prevent DoTs from braking Stealth, counter such as Stealth Detection/Faerie Fire/Flare and AoE dmg exists too.
   Feign Death into Stealth, 30 sec (resettable) combat stealth is a bit much, fix that too. 

Its a High Risk classless server, why has Stealth not been reworked already..
It's investment is either useless and shut down by a passive or its annoying as hell to counter in WPvP. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

Stealth is a very powerful mechanic that allows the patient to choose their fights, especially in world pvp. You are underestimating it's power.

Posted (edited)

@Scorp No, i am not, did you even read before you replied ?
               I suggested nerfing Stealth just as much as changing the way it works and fits into Ascension, the complete opposite of underestimating.

Edited by Ashsj1992

Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 9:39 AM, Ashsj1992 said:

Who playing Stealth this meta ? Good luck with that. 

The majority are are Hybrids with Starfall and Casters with DoTs.
Don't even get me started on players spamming Holy Nova, why is that even a build?? 

1: Fix the meta.

2: Remove perma stealth add a duration to Stealth like Vanish. 
   Then prevent DoTs from braking Stealth, counter such as Stealth Detection/Faerie Fire/Flare and AoE dmg exists too.
   Feign Death into Stealth, 30 sec (resettable) combat stealth is a bit much, fix that too. 

Its a High Risk classless server ffs, why has Stealth not been reworked already..
It's either complete useless and shut down by a passive or its annoying as hell in WPvP. 

Honestly it feels like the game gets worked on by PvE only players.

I want stealth to last until canceled! Stealth is at 20 seconds for people like you wanting no one to ever have a way to sneak around. We already have no stealthing near someone without dumping 5-7 talent points into it and now only 20 seconds to do it in. I am sorry but stop with the hating and learn how to counter it!!!

They shouldn't be throwing out an entire class just to keep someone from sneaking up on you as well as bending everything around the destruction of the class.  It's a high risk realm FFS... Why can't you deal with things as they are rather then asking to drop and warp everything around what you want to see? Some times I feel like the Devs pander to the week of mind too much.

Edited by Billyww

Posted (edited)

@Billyww

"people like you wanting no one to ever have a way to sneak around
." = lol

I clearly play stealth builds, so unlike you, I am not bias as ****

Perma Stealth is a horrible design for everybody else in WPvP on High Risk.
I use Stealth on pretty much every 1v1 build, because getting the opener can mean everything. 

Did you even read my post here before you replied or did you just start venting ??
I suggested to allow stealth NOT to brake on certain damage abilities like DoTs, some could argue that's an overpowered trade for perma stealth.

Also why are you saying its 20 sec ?

• Stealth and Prowl changed. They now have a 30 second duration and a 10 sec cooldown.
  • Camouflage changed. It now reduces the cooldown of Stealth and Prowl by 1/2/3 sec and the duration of 5/10/15 sec (and still increases movement speed in stealth by 5/10/15%).

One of my builds is a Haste Stacked Healer, the other was a Muti Rog, so i got ***** up by this patch.
So i wouldn't whine to me about it, if you don't like it, just quit, that's what i have done. 

Edited by Ashsj1992

3 hours ago, Ashsj1992 said:

@Billyww

"people like you wanting no one to ever have a way to sneak around
." = lol

I clearly play stealth builds, so unlike you, I am not bias as ****

Perma stealth is a horrible design for everybody else in WPvP on High Risk.
I use Stealth on pretty much every 1v1 build, because getting the opener can mean everything. 

Did you even read my post here before you replied or did you just start venting ??
I suggested to allow stealth NOT to brake on certain damage abilities like DoTs, some could argue that's an overpowered trade for perma stealth.

Also why are you saying its 20 sec ?

• Stealth and Prowl changed. They now have a 30 second duration and a 10 sec cooldown.
  • Camouflage changed. It now reduces the cooldown of Stealth and Prowl by 1/2/3 sec and the duration of 5/10/15 sec (and still increases movement speed in stealth by 5/10/15%).

One of my builds is a Haste Stacked Healer, the other was a Muti Rog, so i got ***** up by this patch.
So i wouldn't whine to me about it, if you don't like it, just quit, that's what i have done. 

I read what you said and you clearly wanted stealth nerfed. That or I guess I didn't understand what you was trying to convey.  

I said Stealth is at 20 seconds because in game it's a 20 second duration then dispels it's self. 

Remove perma stealth add a duration to Stealth like Vanish.

Tells me you want short times.... Or like I said I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Then prevent DoTs from braking Stealth, counter such as Stealth Detection/Faerie Fire/Flare and AoE dmg exists too

This is literally asking to break them from what they have always been..... Or like I said I don't understand what you are trying to say.

P.S. Not venting but "lobbying" for stealth to make a comeback.

Posted (edited)

@Billyww

Yes i was "Asking to break them from they have always been"  I suggested a redesign of how Stealth fits into classless on high risk

I don't agree with the way Ascension has "redesigned" Stealth because they didn't give anything back in return.
Like 90% of all patches the dev's only know how to "balance" by nerfing and sucking the the fun out of it Instead of changing the way it works/fits in. 

My Healing build also lost 31% Spell Haste in a month and didnt get any redesign/changes at all, so it could of be worse for you.

I wouldn't waste any more of your time here, they honestly dont give a **** about your opinion
They got huge backslash from Spell Mastery and Stealth and they put all there energy into defending their logic instead of collecting new logic
I have screens of some of my guildies talking privately to a few of them, they proved very closed minded and completely out of the loop
They didn't even know Shadowbolt can hit 3-4k Insta's in PvP when the LS players have known that for months, just one of many examples.
Even when you do finally get them to accept another point of view, they just put that point of view into a minority group called "Veterans" and push it aside
then hide behind new player retention (literally a fact based on multiple debates with them )
Which is ironic considering most "new" players are Wow Veterans 🤣

Should either accept "they know best" or move.

Edited by Ashsj1992

Perma stealth is not horrible design. I'm getting the feeling you got killed one too many time by some backstab rogue coming out of nowhere?

Imagine Blizzard implementing this stealth change on their live servers. right?
Are you the reason they changed stealth to have a duration!? Talking about horrible design.
I love how you act like stealth is an overpowered mechanic on it's own, which it never has been.. the only thing it offers players is a chance to open, after that it's all fair game. Now that they changed stealth to have a duration.. don't even bother getting the chance to open. They'll spot you using stealth, use any of the myriad of aoe that's available, and that's that.

On another note, builds that worked with stealth had to spend a significant amount of TE's on it to be even remotely considered useful, (5/5 3/3 2/2)
In other words any build that did not use stealth already had a 8-10 point advantage on the rogue?

Also, as a new player coming in 2-3 years ago, one of the fantasies that drew me here was stealth and the combinations i could make with it..
The ability to stealth and scout around has been an integral part of the rogue fantasy forever, in almost any game that uses stealth mechanics, why fuck with that?

Posted (edited)

@Nickle

I play Stealth builds, like i already said...  So I am not bias, don't try make out like i am, when you so clearly are.

Blizzard doesn't have a high risk classless system in WPvP, so what blizzard does its completely irrelevant.

I have never said Stealth is overpowered.
I suggested buffing Stealth just as much as nerfing it, by changing the way overtime damage can breaks it. 
It's called a redesign, not a nerf, in fact in most 1v1 situations what i am suggesting is a buff!!

Hence: 
"I don't agree with the way Ascension has "redesigned" Stealth because they didn't give anything back in return."

Having such a large talent investment being countered by 1 DoT/AoE is one of the reasons why Stealth is unreliable
Which i have already stated here so why are trying to inform me of the talent investment ? 

I also mentioned on a different forum they should at least change the talent value of Stealth talents now its been nerfed
such as Master of D being reverted back to 3/3 and by buffing Camo, (just like they did the day after).

Edited by Ashsj1992

Blizzard not having a high risk system has nothing to do with this completely breaking the rogue fantasy though?
I'm still in the dark why you think sneaking around indefinitely has a negative impact on a high-risk server as a whole anyway.
If one stays stealthed, nothing happens.

The only advantage a rogue has (used to have) was the ability to open on a target. That's gone now. And no, that's not an improvement.
Making dots unable to break stealth would just be another bad design choice. That's not what stealth is, nor what it should be. There's plenty of options to ditch the dots and restealth as is. If you are having trouble getting away from dotters as a rogue, you're doing it wrong.

I'm not into having a discussion about adding new changes to a change that is already ridiculous.
"Such as Master of D being reverted back to 3/3" Instead, let's just revert stealth to having no duration at all, and keep that talent 5/5 shall we?

Cheers

Posted (edited)

@Nickle

There is no class fantasy here, this is classless, since when can Rogues Blink or Ice Block?

Perma Stealth allows you to enter High Risk WPvP without any risk,
which throws the entire "High Risk" ideals out of the window, the purpose is to enter the world at a risk of losing gear.

Getting the opening in 1v1s can mean everything, Stealth can still help achieve that.
Also you can combat stealth with Feign Death (resettable) and Vanish (resettable), which allows for CD/DR stalling
It also provides access to Garrote and Cheap while boosting physical damage by 10% and energy regen by 30%.
So it's not as dead in the water, like your claiming it to be.

Perhaps dots not braking Stealth would come with some balance issues
although in combination with the Stealth duration, i wouldn't say so. 

I don't "do it wrong" i also don't try to run away,  i focus on winning.
I use Cleanse and pillars to help with resets, however Deeps Wounds/Garrote/Rend are a huge part of the meta
If you would rather have Perma Stealth instead of Stealth not breaking to DoTs, then you are doing 1v1s wrong. 

Edited by Ashsj1992