Sign in to follow this  
Ashsj1992

Spell Power Meta -> AP

Posted (edited)

Anyone playing on LS recently will know it's abundantly clear its all about Spell Power, wherever or not that's a caster or a hybrid its just better. 
Sure maybe you could find some BiS AP geared veteran keeping up with the dmg but they are not at the top of the food chain in that department.
On top of that Spell Power automatically means they have far better sustain healing and access to or better use of CC. 

What possible reason is there to play a none Spell Power build at the moment ?  Your just gimping yourself. 

The fact that players are running around spamming Holy Nova speaks for itself. 

Where's the balancing team at ? 

Edited by Ashsj1992

If everyone is using sp, then get resistance towards the most used school of magic. 

Posted (edited)

@wutm8 

Spell Penetration 
Curse of the Elements 
Holy School can't be resists.
Self Healing the biggest issue..
Haste = shorter CC/Utility GCD's
Longer range, in some cases. 

The shear dominance exists for many reasons.

Edited by Ashsj1992

And melee have more gapclosers so whats your point? you have every tool to deal with this, it is your choice whenever you want to use it.

Posted (edited)

@wutm8

My point being, your comment regarding resistance is irrelevant and that there is multiple reasons why SP is dominant?

How does gap closers make up for anything ?
Hybrids are melee too, this is not a melee vs caster debate, this is SP vs AP
While casters don't even use kiting most of the time, they cast into CC and use instant casts anyway.

I ain't even going to go into any more specifics with you, a quick walk in the pvp park and the debate is over as its that obvious.

Edited by Ashsj1992

AP does more dmg and requires only energy, rage or very little mana for dmg. The dmg is instant and requires no setup.

Posted (edited)

@Alp

AP gear does not do more damage in PvP currently even though it should do as its more 1 dimensional.
A Hybrid does not need set up, neither does a lot of casters. 
Your build does yes, but yet it is still incredible strong, so that does not do you any justice here.

Stop being bias or stop using snuddle a top AP 1v1 user as your ground for the entire meta or even because i can put a lot of pressure on you.
Players are spamming Holy Nova for **** sake and like only 20% or less of the meta is using AP gear what more would it take? 
i did an BG yesterday with Grenvalen at 10 v 10 and me and Mclovin was literally the only AP geared players there.

Whats a Hunter ?  **** knows, Warchas is the only 1 i have seen in 2 days. 
I may have seen a few Backstabs do some tickling before they got undone by a Riptide tick and a Earth Shield charge.

Edited by Ashsj1992

I agree with this post, SP is too strong right now trust me i play a caster...

Insta casting a shield that gives u free speed and a shield over 1k is not fun to fight vs against and with them having such high sustain built in is just stupid.