itswicky

Dev Update #76

Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2019 at 7:25 AM, Ashsj1992 said:

@SirGank

Its possible to rotate like:  Muti -> Evis -> Muti -> Evis 

With: Seal of Fate, Honor Among and Ruthlessness (+RE) = 5CP's on 1 Muti after the first. 

Finishers has been buffed by 10% from Fate.
So i would run Improved Evis talent+RE instead of investing everything into Muti.
Find Weakness is now crit which is a nerf but means Seal of Fate will be even more reliable.
Which of course Relentless Strikes would have huge value here.

Maybe the best way to rotate is even like:

Muti -> Rupture -> Muti -> Eviscerate

While focusing more on Crit + AP scaling as it could be a 3 GCD rotation which isn't all involved around normalised dagger attacks.
Just shooting in the dark here, i have done no tests on this. 

I am purely a PvP player so perhaps i am out of my element but this seems like the logical way to be using Muti now in PvE  
Muti has been moving into this direction step by step for awhile, soI would recommend going back to PTR and
running a lot of Tests with finishers as a main focus instead of just Muti.

See I've tryed thos kind of builds the problem with focusing on  finisher more in the current mutilate set up is that eviscerate hits for slightly more then a mutilate if it crits, and the re's for eviscerate are honestly pretty lacking after they gutted it. one 5% damage re that can't be stacked, and 6% crit chance, you can only get 4% to all rogue abilitys but that ends up making mutilate stronger then eviscerate.

Mutilate currently needs to be remade as for long term fights it's bad, it relies HEAVLY on rng. Rng on crits to get energy back, rng on 20% per cp to get 25 energy plust 12 if you have re's for it. ect ect. this kind of build doesn't work for long terms fights, it's why they reworked back stab into a more steady dps with having backstab reduce Shadow dance cd every time you use it, yes their is still rng in backstab but a heck of a lot less then in mutilate.

The three re limit imo didn't even manage to reduce scaling of dps, it was a bad design as I can still easily see people pulling 4-5k dps on the ptr. while dagger players who's re's mainly focused on crit and energy gain from crit where severely reduced as it's not like other peoples builds where they had to stack less damage re's. reducing utility re's severely damages any build that relys on them more then I believe the dev's even think about.

This can easily be seen when the dev's think adding a damage boost to mutilate is what's going to fix the problem instead of actually looking at the root problem with it.

Edited by SirGank

19 hours ago, MonkaS said:

Oh you bois... always waiting for nerfs to try out the Memeviscerate. Where you're going, I'm coming back from :D

On a side note, are u guys having issues with PTR? It's constantly disabling all my REs even though they're not over 3 or 1. I reequip an item, then that item's RE is enabled but all others get disabled again >_<

Yep had that problem, also cut to the chase is bugged and not working half the time, reking any melee build I'm trying to test out.

U can remove all RNG from Mutilate with a good setup it's fiiine. If its not broken dont fix it. About others' 4-5k dps mElLeE hUnTeR wat can u do. If its op nerf dat sh1t instead.

Mutilate is in a super bad place right now and it isn't because of the dps it puts out the issue is it just does not do a burst amount of dps. look at all the fight that matters cthun its about doing 12k damage as quick as possible and Mutilate just does not make the cut same as frost mage it struggles to burst. I think they would of been better putting in re's that every 14 sec's your next Mutilate / frost bolt does 150% more damage to make them more competitive on the burst fights. 

Posted (edited)

Sounds to me like Rogue Finishers need a huge buff while the generators like Muti actually need a nerf. 
The purpose of a Rogue is to set up with Cp generators and "Assassinate" with a finisher.. That is what Rogues are about. 
If CP generators are more valuable than the finishers, then there is a serious problem :P 

So isn't buffing Muti the last change that should be made here ?
Take that 10% buff away from Muti and put it on Finishers, which would total a 20% Finisher increase on this patch, then review it again later if it needs more.

Edited by Ashsj1992

If they increase the damage of finishers they need to do it as a talent, otherwise it just makes all melee stronger in the long run. 
Personally I'm on the side that we need to tone down all numbers altogether, 50% nerf to damage and healing across the board please!

Posted (edited)

Ive playtested this countless times with pre-cthun daggers. You can take EVERYTHING possible to improve Mutilate dmg and NOTHING to improve Eviscerate / Rupture. Even then Eviscerate / Rupture is ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS higher average damage (for 1 gcd spent). So you guys have no idea what youre talking about xd

Edited by MonkaS

Posted (edited)

@MonkaS

Yeah i would of assumed that too..

although i guess its not really about the GCD value
Its about the % of its value in your overall dps
If Muti is doing 50% of you damage and Rupture is doing 10%
Then it makes sense to invest into Muti rather than the Rupture

Edited by Ashsj1992

So what it's the same in real wow. Look at the TBC rogue builds they're all Hemo, Mutilate, Sinister Strike or Backstab builds

You can't have such a big time between announcing the patch and having the patch go live IN THIS GAME. PTR and beta testing are methods that are applicable to games with a bigger playerbase, like LoL. At this point there's like 1-2 players on PTR at any point, if any. And they're not even there to test new REs, just to test builds that are already playable on live as to not waste currency. You didn't provide a shop or any quick way to get the NEW REs specifically, what's even the point of this fiasco? 
Meanwhile look at something like Dota2 where there's a hero reveal / patch notes come out and BAM you can play exactly that right away. I feel that'd be a better strategy for this game instead of what you're doing now. By that I mean just dumping patches on live and hotfixing the things you inevitably break. Because when you do what you're doing now, any hype for what is to come dies -_-

44 minutes ago, MonkaS said:

You can't have such a big time between announcing the patch and having the patch go live IN THIS GAME. PTR and beta testing are methods that are applicable to games with a bigger playerbase, like LoL. At this point there's like 1-2 players on PTR at any point, if any. And they're not even there to test new REs, just to test builds that are already playable on live as to not waste currency. You didn't provide a shop or any quick way to get the NEW REs specifically, what's even the point of this fiasco? 
Meanwhile look at something like Dota2 where there's a hero reveal / patch notes come out and BAM you can play exactly that right away. I feel that'd be a better strategy for this game instead of what you're doing now. By that I mean just dumping patches on live and hotfixing the things you inevitably break. Because when you do what you're doing now, any hype for what is to come dies -_-

Greetings! We actually saw quite a lot of people online when we started this post, we also got a lot of response to things that weren't working properly, so we have had to sort this out before pushing it to live.

If we could, we would've pushed this right away, however, mistakes happen and we would rather try to fix the ones we can before putting it on the live realms, rather than after!

On 3/7/2019 at 10:20 PM, itswicky said:

Moonkins don't gain a passive bonus to their health or threat.

Moonkins don't have access to high value talents such as Protector of the Pack which reduces your damage taken by 4% per point, or Furor which increases their Stam by an additional 3% per point, or their multiple 2% dodge per point talents.

Moonkins don't have access to Savage Defense which can mitigate a large portion of damage.

Moonkins don't scale as well with Strength or Agility as bears do.

Now I wouldn't say that you couldn't go ahead and tank as a Moonkin if you wanted to. You've made some good points as to why they can be used as tanks. I also think you're maybe underselling the value of Bears as tanks, however. Bears have more passive mitigation, which is very valuable against mechanics like Fierce Blows being used on every boss fights and they offer more health and avoidance to boot.

Something I forgot to mention:
- 2h tank with def stance > 34% extra armor from PLATE, 16% dmg reduction, 9% extra stamina + plate armor has almost double stamina than leather by average. 
- Bears only have dodge, any asshole with a shield has dodge / parry / block
- Agility and Strength stacks EXACTLY the same. Only cats get extra attack power from agi.

Basically bears having more passive mitigation is not true. Why?

How can they have more avoidance when they only have dodge.
2h tanks have more stamina than bears unless you waste a lot of talents on pure stamina.
2h tanks have more dmg reduction than bears. 

I recently switched to Moonkin, it's just sad that I have more sustain and am tankier by far in Moonkin Form. spam 3 absorb shields = GG, holy shield for 40% block GG, parry GG