Frizmoo

New players Expierance

By now, Ive gotten 2 Characters to max level, Ive had alot of Fun With leveling, and the Very little PVE ive done is fun, Only a few things id personally suggest On the leveling / PVE front

Make Resets Completely Free or at least until 60
The resets are insanely expensive and you have no way to play around with builds because your locked into one before you can really try them all out, My first Character was completely Bankrupt essentially because id change abilities every level or so to try new stuff out, Having used all my purges at level 11

TL:DR Other wise the Leveling was pretty easy in comparison to other realms (I hate leveling ALOT but had fun the first time), The ability Cost system is crazy tho

Now for the PVP

Its Completely Broken, Full of Toxicity and tryhards the likes of which i havent even seen on retail, Me and my freinds Stopped even attempting pvp as we literally felt like we where doing 0 Damage and couldn't even hit anything, Most our team just ended up AFKING as realistically they said we had 0 chance of even trying to win Due to the other team Obliterating us before we could even react to them

My suggestions for PVP would be

The retail route

Make Gear nearly irrelevant, Skill should matter more, In CSGO, You dont get OP guns with +1000000000000000000000 Damage, Any competitive game should be completely even playing field, Ive said this to some and they call me a "Retail baby noob" But i used to PVP on retail FAR before any Attempt at balancing was even made and i can say even at retails worse It was NEVER this unbalanced, My suggestion is Nerf the Hell out of people in brackets,
The more gear you have the Lower handicap you have, In some fashion that would make everyone nearly the same in HP, Armor, Damage, ECT Use gearscore or something to judge how hard to nerf individuals, I know some people who like slamming people with 0 Resistence will say
"Lmao ur so bad git gud noob just get gear"
But you have to understand from the casual players POV, Getting completely Destroyed 2 milliseconds after spawning Really turns people off, It may be fun, And i can admit destroying low level players is fun, But in a competitive serious setting it should never happen
My Friends refuse to even play with me if i wanna pvp saying its the worst thing they have ever experienced in any game they have ever played

For now i stick to PVE, Atleast its actually fun and not statistically impossible at lower gear

TL:DR
Retail did it better, And so can we with Time

Thanks for lowering the price of resets tho

All in all this is a VERY Fun realm, One of the best Modded realms i have EVER played on and i love it, I just wish the PVP could get the same love and Care PVE and the leveling experience does,  Thanks, Love you guys ❤️

30 minutes ago, Frizmoo said:

I just wish the PVP could get the same love and Care PVE and the leveling experience does

lol

Battlegrounds are always a clusterfuck and mostly one sided when new players join in, getting used to creating a build thats filled with esential cooldowns is the first barrier you must pass in order to have fun here, albeit you are gear dependant, you can pvp semi efficiently and be of use on a bg if you time your cooldowns right. (CC spells and escape cooldowns) even in post quest blue crap you can get in dungeons or the first cheap, "Chinese bootleg" gear you can buy for quick honor after a single COT week end.

If you are starting fresh, grab buffs and lots of utility which you can slowly reduce as you gear up. Keep essential spells such as Divine shield/iceblock, blink, dispersion and the likes. If you are a caster youl dry out of mana quickly so grab anything that can get you mana back, avoid life tap if your health isn't exactly huge and your spellpower doesn't hit high. You can reset your skills and talents by using honor points, the resets that way are very cheap to obtain. When I started this was the biggest barrier to break for me, since I was uncertain what to play, so I ended up getting nearly every CC spell and some healing abilities alongside a bunch of DR cooldowns and talents, eventualy I dumbed it down to what I really need it for.

I hate to admitt it, but the learning curve is extreemly exhausting here and if you can't commit to your spec to create something usefull, you ain't gonna have a good day. If you think thats the same for PVE well youl soon realize that unless you pick specific META spells, hitting raiding is gonna be a challenge for you if you don't pull specific numbers, and youl find often that other players won't be there to help you much asides "sell you their builds" for specific gold ammounts (ranging from 200g and above depending of spec worth).

So my advice for you is, pick the type of gameplay you wish to pursue, be it stealth into phisical damage, pure raw phisical damage without cowering, semi tanky caster, healer, bursty glasscannon, and use knowledge you know of talents based from your retail expirience (If you have any on wotlk since we are using their talents albeit on a tweaked level). And create something you feel comfortable with using. IF you ain't into the class fantasy just create an entire kit the class would use usualy during wotlk days. (Entire ballance druid kit,Frost mage kit, arms warrior,sub rogue... etc etc), its a good way to start and get the feeling on how numbers change based on what you use as a spell.

Best of luck and good hunting.

Cheese~ (Cheers)

The problem with Balance is that too many factors go into it, players will find new "Meta" builds that are the new OP quite rapidly.

I think the change in 'RE stacking' made (down to 3x what used to be 5x) is a good start, but in PVP there are some skills that are clearly better than others, I am very bad at it myself and won't act as if I am an expert in the slightest.  I have to admit I have seen some really awesome builds on Bloodscalp seasonal realms and didn't mind getting utterly destroyed by them in the slightest.

just think Good for them, they invest the time and effort so they "deserve" to be able to destroy me as a casual.

I understand that this seems to cater more to the hardcore players and the neckbeards who spend more hours on the game than most of us realisticly could, but that's the nature of any MMO I find. Would hate to see it turn casual because of that personally.

3 hours ago, Frizmoo said:

Make Gear nearly irrelevant

How would this work on classless? on live it works because you character is given stats in pvp based on class and only item level matters for about 10% of the given difference of stats if Im not mistaken. A simple everyone is the same item level wouldn't work as well here either as certain builds aren't viable without certain gear(getting crit thresholds and whatnot). Not to mention we're classless so no base class stats to go by. Maybe they could let us allocate all primary and secondary stats and we gain a few extra based on how much higher our item level is compared to the baseline? then that just supports stacking the highest item level as it does on live and not gearing intelligently (one part that is crucial to game play at this moment).

Remember this isn't CS go, this could be closer compared to League of Legends but even then scrubs get destroyed if they fall behind in game or don't know how to gear.

Efficient and proper gearing is a skill. Making gear not matter is one reason live wow is no longer played by many. There's no commitment and nothing to look forward to, so no reason to play.

With call board dailies/weeklies joining raids, even only if it's 4 hours a week. it's easy to get geared on here. It's just knowing how. The epic pvp gear itself is mostly preAQ40 BiS for the slots they work for. Just don't que as groups and fight against your friends make the competition with each other what drives you. You'd be amazed how much more fun you have competing against each other in a bg rather then trying to que together in a attempt to slaughter people.

Edited by lewtorz

18 hours ago, Frizmoo said:

Make Gear nearly irrelevant, Skill should matter more

While I don't entirely disagree, I don't think this is the way to deal with the problem. There needs to be some sort of progression throughout pvp or it gets stale pretty quick. The two biggest problems in my opinion are still the lack of PvP progression and the sheer number of different branches of progression.

There is currently NO WAY to gear to an endgame level through pvp. You MUST raid or farm gold or do something to close the gap. This is a mistake from day one and I'm not sure why it's been such a hesitation to implement...even now the best pvp caster weapon available is like 41 spellpower for a staff which is god aweful and all offpieces are average at best, none of which even break blue tier. If you're on LS obviously you can slay kids and take their shit but A) most people aren't stupid enough to run out in endgame gear...and B) SOMEONE got it from SOMEWHERE that wasn't pvp (Crow's cache is not pvp it's strategic monopoly).

Progression is too steep. I think adding the call board dailies was a big step in the right direction for REs, but it's still a chore when you lay it up against all the other stuff you have to do. In addition to gear being fairly slow to come by in general...if you want more than a single spec in an environment that should pride itself on freedom of choice, you have to farm multiple sets of gear. This ALONE is a pretty big effort. Then you have to consider the fact that you have to find all the REs you need in their respective rarities, and then you need the orbs (which isn't as bad as at used to be). There are a lot of builds that simply are not viable without a very specific set of REs, all of which you have really no reliable way of testing beforehand, so if it doesn't work out you get to start from ground zero. If you don't have at least the core 5 or 10ish REs that compliment your build then you have no chance against someone who does assuming you're on a similar level of knowledge and skill. If it were up to me the RE system would be more similar to a talent tree. Get rid of the rarities...I don't see the point really just have one rank and use that. Keep the table to roll REs maybe and collect them like tomes. Most importantly this would stop you from having to have 2-5 sets of gear with different REs on every one.

Gear differences on ascension are amplified TREMENDOUSLY. Somebody in blues is not 20% weaker than somebody with 20% more stats in epics. It scales exponentially even on retail. When you throw in the freedom of ascension talents this gap can get pretty huge depending on the build with percentage stat talents and a variety of other things. 

On 1/10/2019 at 7:35 AM, lewtorz said:

How would this work on classless? on live it works because you character is given stats in pvp based on class and only item level matters for about 10% of the given difference of stats if Im not mistaken. A simple everyone is the same item level wouldn't work as well here either as certain builds aren't viable without certain gear(getting crit thresholds and whatnot). Not to mention we're classless so no base class stats to go by. Maybe they could let us allocate all primary and secondary stats and we gain a few extra based on how much higher our item level is compared to the baseline? then that just supports stacking the highest item level as it does on live and not gearing intelligently (one part that is crucial to game play at this moment).

Remember this isn't CS go, this could be closer compared to League of Legends but even then scrubs get destroyed if they fall behind in game or don't know how to gear.

Efficient and proper gearing is a skill. Making gear not matter is one reason live wow is no longer played by many. There's no commitment and nothing to look forward to, so no reason to play.

With call board dailies/weeklies joining raids, even only if it's 4 hours a week. it's easy to get geared on here. It's just knowing how. The epic pvp gear itself is mostly preAQ40 BiS for the slots they work for. Just don't que as groups and fight against your friends make the competition with each other what drives you. You'd be amazed how much more fun you have competing against each other in a bg rather then trying to que together in a attempt to slaughter people.

You should have Raiding gear Separate from PVP gear, And the PVP Gear is not as good as the PVE Gear for PVP, Thats a problem, Make the PVP Gear better, Or add A custom set of PVP Gear everyone can strive twords and the devs will only have 1 set to balance everything around, PVP Right now is abysmal, Also, Its hard to raid when the Population is majority EU and as an NA player i wake up dureing the nighttime for most of the EU, Meaning when im on the Population is at its lowest, So no, I cant just "Go Raid" unless you wanna make 5 man Raids

Gear is almost irrelevant here. 99 % of the people that get crushed in bgs are either using a trashy "melee hunter shadow shit specc" or some other generic no thoughtout build. 

If you wanna succede at pvp/pve 

1. Spend time and effort

2. Familiarize with talent system and re system

O boy. let me tell you the love pve got. bwl came out januarly 2018, then 9 months later we got aq 40 and 20. alpha/beta versions. that's the love pve get's. On the other hand pvp is the reason we get constant build changes that have no thought put into on how they'll affect pve.  Pve's gotten shafted so hard in ascension it's not even funny.

Also the leveling was made by a different team that the server I think bought the code from.

Edited by SirGank
  • Like 3

According to Dutchvarder's announcement on Bloodscalp the other day, they worked out a way to seperate pvp and pve scaling. So hopefully that will mean less pve balance changes based on pvp coming soon. However Gank is right. PvE ( and Andorhal - the main pve realm ) is in a pretty bad state right now and often gets completely ignored.