Sign in to follow this  
Thismongrel

Hmmmmmmm

So I've been playing on Ascension constantly since Cenarius launched and I've gotta say I've had a lot of fun here, but holy moly if the devs haven't shit the bed with the recent changes made on Andorhal...

I can't even fathom what went through those thick skulls in the dev team to actually believe the changes made in regards to getting REs were a good idea, because news flash retards, it sure as shit wasn't. If you just take a look at the ghost town of a server you've created in Andorhal now you'd see that, since the only time there is ever anyone online is when a raid team is going and the *poof* they're offline doing other shit. Since the changes, the AH is more or less dead, there is NOBODY selling REs at all, unless you're raiding runes are still retardedly boring to come by and you're punishing not only older players who want to change their builds, but also completely killing off any hope a new player has of getting their own builds going. And before you say "BUT OUR CENSUS SAYS OTHERWISE :^)", none of us believe that bullshit. These changes only affect Andorhal, because at least on LS you can trade gear and shit, myself and the rest of the server are really struggling to find a reason behind making it such a chore to get a build going on Andorhal.

Not a single person I have spoken to has said these RE changes are a good idea, nor has really anyone said anything positive about it in the discord as far as I've seen. And with all this negative feedback what response do we get as a playerbase? Riko saying "I will forward this to the team, Thanks!", almost a month? after the changes have been made. ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Give us a fucking real response already. Please enlighten us if there's something we're not understanding here.

You guys are gonna want to hope a good chunk of the Bloodscalp population sticks to Andorhal after seasonal finishes because otherwise you guys will be over instead.

Hey, why do they call it an Xbox 360? Because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away! hahaha XD!

• Like 14

Maybe they plan to implement a way where you could spend like 10/30/60/100/250 orbs based on quality to get a RE of your choice? Would at least be more doable then the current system on Andorhal. Also why are normal BoE's that are dropping auto soul bound, this definitely shouldn't be happening?

• Like 1

There are times I'd call you a weirdo, but disregard the aggression you present in the thread I do have to agree, I don't get much gametime as it is since work eats me, but seeing the AH this empty is dreadfull if I want to get an RE I need. The progression curve is getting steeper and steeper with every change done to the RE system. Considering its the "Bread and butter" of progression outside obtaining equipable gear and something the entire server is balanced around. Its not as if getting the required RE's wasn't annoying enough, grinding orbs for rerols, now the Re's i don't like but could sell off on the AH, instead I either have to save it up encase I wanna try building something with it or reroll it into something better.

Also didn't you implement a RE search system for the Ah for the sole reason of easening the search for them on the AH, what point if you intended for this feature to become burried  after wards?

• Like 1

I thought there were both a QA team (quality assurance) and Balance team in place to test major changes and overhauls like these, not sure what's happening and I don't know the state of Andorhal as we speak since I recently got back and decided to give Bloodscalp a go.

Maybe development has overruled both in their decision making when it comes to pushing these changes live, would be cool to get some more insight on this.

I Would not use the wording Mongrel used, but I do see the disconnect between the player base and development team is still very much present, maybe now more so than before.. @Kaladin@itswicky

Not trying to start anything but perhaps an official statement on the matter would be in order.

Edited by Bluefish
  • Like 1

Enough population for 1 server..  with 3 active servers needing that 1 population..

Oonlyy if there was a solution to this problem 😮

• Sad 1

I wouldn't agree with the language Thismongrel used but I agree wholeheartedly with what he is saying. Not a word has been said about why these changes were brought about- these changes are literally killing Andorhal while having no impact on seasonal and Laughing Skull as soulbinding does not affect them in any way. My question is why did you bring these changes to Andorhal exclusively if they do not affect the high risk servers? This is destroying Andorhal's economy and will inevitably destroy Andorhal's population and any future interest here should these changes stay. Andorhal has historically been your most populated server outside of seasonal and many of us are wondering why your most recent changes are at the expense of all Andorhal players and to no negative affect to the high risk players? This almost seems like server suicide with the changes that are being proposed without any sort of public rationale whatsoever.

• Like 1

I agree with the meaning of what mongrel is saying but not the wording of which it was said.

T heir's a few reason's why I can see the dev's making this change, it forced the player to put more time into the server to grind out resources, but the problem with this kind of thinking is that no one in the community wants that, no one wants to waste dozen of hours in prep just to test out new builds. Hell I recently tried trying out new builds but said fuck it because trying to get all the re's isn't worth the effort and time to commit to ascension anymore. I dropped over 800 runes to get the re's and still didn't get it. Now imagine a new player trying to make his/her first build, they're not going to have anywhere near 800 runs and the ah is mostly dry and what is available their is gonna be marked up price by hundreds of gold.

EDIT: You know it serious when sky likes my post.

Edited by SirGank
  • Like 2

Merge the Realms after Season 2 alrdy.

After that no more scammy seasonals which are only there to generate money. Instead make your Mainrealm good enough that people spend their money there. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

Merge the Realms after Season 2 alrdy.

After that no more scammy seasonals which are only there to generate money. Instead make your Mainrealm good enough that people spend their money there. 

Yes please. There is a great divide between Andorhal, Laughing Skull and seasonal (when it is active). The population is so low that you cannot afford to split the total pop into 3 different realms.

• Like 1

Some valid points have been made here.

I'd really like some official response on this so everyone can understand why these changes are being made / the goal or endgame behind them. I'm sure they aren't being made just to frustrate us, but understanding the reasoning or the endgame will surely help ^^

p.s please don't delete this thread this time =(

Edited by Sky
  • Thanks 1

On 1/11/2019 at 5:40 AM, SirGank said:

I agree with the meaning of what mongrel is saying but not the wording of which it was said.

T heir's a few reason's why I can see the dev's making this change, it forced the player to put more time into the server to grind out resources, but the problem with this kind of thinking is that no one in the community wants that, no one wants to waste dozen of hours in prep just to test out new builds. Hell I recently tried trying out new builds but said fuck it because trying to get all the re's isn't worth the effort and time to commit to ascension anymore. I dropped over 800 runes to get the re's and still didn't get it. Now imagine a new player trying to make his/her first build, they're not going to have anywhere near 800 runs and the ah is mostly dry and what is available their is gonna be marked up price by hundreds of gold.

EDIT: You know it serious when sky likes my post.

You know it's even more serious when I agree with the content of SirGanks posts

I think the fundemental problem lies with way the team communicates within the developing team. 

Suggestion to change "something" is brought up, everyone agrees without any thought, consideration of consequenses and this is the end result.

Anyone remember the first implemention of mytic orbs? Or rather shards?

Therefore it is vital that changes to the core systems are presented on the ptr for testing. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wutm8 said:

Therefore it is vital that changes to the core systems are presented on the ptr for testing. 

This. This. THIS. THIS.