Sign in to follow this  
prismaticsoul

18 TE left, what is best way to maximize spell power/damage?

My build will probably be hot garbage, but I plan on building a bear focused on damage reduction.  Without any random enchantments, this guy should be able to get up to 54% damage reduction from talents and spells.  I'm considering going with Thorns and Retribution Aura, and so the idea that spell power would matter a heck of a lot comes to mind.

With only 18 TE left to spend at current cap, what stat path would be best to convert to spell power?  I know there are ones that convert Intellect, Spirit, and Strength to spell power, as well as attack power.  If I go the attack power to spell power route, I think there is 1 talent that can convert Stamina to attack power...which is kind of attractive to such a damage soaking style of build.  Any suggestions would be helpful!

Finally, does anyone know if spell power affects that RE that triggers an Immolation Aura style effect when attacked?

if you are bear just go swipe, maul, mangle, poisons/WF, Seal of Command and get the Blazeward RE and you are fine

2 hours ago, Vedartha said:

if you are bear just go swipe, maul, mangle, poisons/WF, Seal of Command and get the Blazeward RE and you are fine

That has nothing to do with what I asked about.  I realise this is probably far from an optimized build, but its something I want to try.

Additionally, its not like I can't pick up those in addition to picking up spell power, especially if I go the attack power to spell power route.

Spellpower Tanks in general aint working do to to low mitigation.

I mean try it - fail - lose gold - get frustated - quit or play a meta build and do experiments like that when you can effortit.

I assume this is a build for dungeons? also if you're using SoC just know it scales with weapon damage not spellpower. if it's SoR then you have some luck but not much. convert with mental quickness, add deadliness, get all the agi increase talents that are 2% or higher(this mitigation will be better then STR). if you have allot of stuff that scales with spell power make sure you have righteous fury and probably improved righteous fury(mitigation). blessing of sanc and vigilance. you could also probably get a demon pet like void walker or felguard and get soul link and master demonologist(mitigation) and demonic knowledge(spell power).

sadly you loose out on the benefits of sword and board tanking to be able to get enough str to make str to sp conversion to be worth it.

Edited by lewtorz

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Project Ascension

Embark onto Azeroth like never before, as you create and play the hero of your dreams.

Ascension Facebook Ascension Twitter Ascension Discord Ascension YouTube Ascension VK

Important Information

By using this site, you confirm you are 18 or older and agree to ourTerms of Use.