TheVG

Questions and Answer Stream With ItsWicky and VG!

8 hours ago, M33RKATz said:

You want to increase the AE cost of an ability that costs 5TE that requires you to gear for ranged attackpower and spend a minimum of 5 to 15 talents and an additional 6AE just to make it worth having... I can't see this being reasonable at all

As a result, a pair of identical builds with all baffs and all save abilities. 🙄

Edited by krozn

31 minutes ago, Morter said:

Here goes a simple one: Why did you remove the need of reagents on slow fall, levitate, water breathing and water walking? Even if it was a pain in the ass i personally think it was a nice touch, so, if possible, i would really appreciate adding back the need of them. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Sincerely, a new hero.

I play for 4 months on Ascencion now and no one, just no one ever used one of that abilities cause of the needet materials, even on encounters they would be worth pure gold like Ragnaros no one ever used them. It wasnt a nice touch it was crap.

Question: Where is the Daylie Quest Board ???

2 hours ago, Vedartha said:

I play for 4 months on Ascencion now and no one, just no one ever used one of that abilities cause of the needet materials, even on encounters they would be worth pure gold like Ragnaros no one ever used them. It wasnt a nice touch it was crap.

Question: Where is the Daylie Quest Board ???

Dude it takes 10 minutes to farm like 50 light feathers at any harpy camp, are you that spoiled? Oh, nevermind, you are asking for a "daylie" quest board.

3 hours ago, Morter said:

Here goes a simple one: Why did you remove the need of reagents on slow fall, levitate, water breathing and water walking? Even if it was a pain in the ass i personally think it was a nice touch, so, if possible, i would really appreciate adding back the need of them. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Sincerely, a new hero.

I absolutely love that they don't require reagents anymore, now they might actually be picked.

6 hours ago, MistAssassin said:

Do you think there was too big of a delay between the patch announcement (Dev Update 73) and the actual release? Would you work on better timing of announcements? At least for me most of the hype has died by now.

There was like a two week inbetween, that's pretty short seeing as they had people ptr test it.

can i please transmong my caster off hand to a shield? would make me hapi boi yes pls

-It feels as if enveloping shadows is required for raiding AQ40 is this intended? 

-Should we expect to be required to use other damage reduction talents in the future inorder to kill bosses? Outside of raid wide cooldowns.

-On the subject of hunter pets, are there any way to separate them so they're not the best use of 5 AE for all melee and hunters? At the moment what they provide for such a low investment just makes them too strong. Even for a strength based melee it's just too good. Personally I think the cost to power ratio of hunter pets could easily be worth 10 AE.

-How is the battle royal type pvp map coming along?

-Will alterac valley ever be balanced for and queable by smaller groups in the near future?

-How is the database type website coming along?

-Will the armory on the main site ever be fixed?

-With the power creep slowly getting towards 3 times that of vanilla BiS dps, can we expect to see another Stat/scaling squish in the near future?

-Are the developers alright with these inflated numbers even though it could end up being players being able to do 6k dps in full vanilla bis, which roughly will translate to 16-18k dps in TBC bis and 50-60k in wotlk BIS without the ICC buff. Maybe even higher than that.

-Are there any plans to release a normal class server with the custom abilities, talents, and raid mechanics introduced here?

-What's the chance of reworking the loot tables for all ZG MC BWL bosses to be more Wotlk like where it was 5 pieces drop, 2 being tier, 2 being non tier, and 1 being random of either.

Edited by lewtorz
  • Like 1

Are there any plans to ever make a Metamorphosis tank style build actually viable? A couple patches back you guys added a threat increase whilst in form to the Demonic Resilience talent which sorta seemed out of the blue considering you didn't also address the survivability issue they have.

1) Are there any plans of making shield+one hand caster options? Casters don't have that much diversity when it comes to hand slots: its TG  or offhand+wep.

2) Any more ideas to rework 5/5 talents? For example Benediction (ret-pally) Divinity(prot-pally) are quite boring.

3) Do you pay any attention to skill-popularity and plan to do something in regards to least popular, or never-used skills? Never seen Wards, Treants or Desperate Prayer used. 

1) Would you consider to increase the Bonus Threat granted by Defensive Stance / Bear Form / Righteous Fury to make tanking a little more accessible to new Player so we may see a greater ammount of them ?.

2) Did you consider to grant Tanks and Healers some kind of bonus reward for using the RDF (like we had on retail). For example bonus Orbs to increase the ammount of Healer / Tanks in Que.

3) Where is the Daylie Quest Board from PTR ? - That was my most desired adition for the latest patch...

4) Would you consider to change the way Chromie works ? For example, let Chromie grant player a Buff (Freezes them in Time ! :O) that allows infinite respec for an hour without costs so you have the possibility to actualy rework current or create a new builds while activly testing it. 1. Buff / Month / Player.

5) What are you thinking about making farming professions - Mining, Herbalism, Skinning - secondary professions ?

Edited by Vedartha

hello VG . Itswicky and the reste of the P.A team

My question is : how do you find the population on the server and do you guys work on get it to be higher  if yes why you don't add a vote button on your website and add your server to this followed vote site so other wow player will had a chance to hear about your amazing custom server 

P.S : can you guys add a option that show how many player are online in every realm

https://topg.org/wow-private-servers/

http://www.top100arena.com/wow-private-server/

On 11/28/2018 at 9:29 PM, SolidBrently said:

What kind of world drop Random Enchants will we be expecting in the future?

We're still looking at this, and it's temporarily set to the side for Season 2 at the moment, but we intended for thematic enchants to drop from things like: Rare mobs, Dungeon bosses, and Raid bosses. They would have thematic effects like Baron Rivendare having an RE which gave you movespeed and health regen, like from his weapon, or having the ironfoe proc effect drop as an RE from BRD Emp. We'll make sure to share more information with you on this when we get started with development.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:32 PM, Hughman said:

Are there any plans to change the mystic alter, i.e. orb costs, leveling, rune usage?

I can't really speak so much for the long term, as it's likely the random enchant system will change greatly in the time to come, but in the short term we're looking at increasing the rate at which you obtain orbs by giving you multiple different tasks available to you, so it feels a bit less like a grind and you are presented with options on how you can go about obtaining them.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:34 PM, Skray said:

Will we see some kind of redesign towards the low level / leveling experience on Ascension in the future? 

Yes, absolutely. The new player experience is something that's very important on Ascension. We've heard some really great recommendations from the players, like free resets until lv 20, and we've got some ideas of our own to make it a more streamlined and user friendly experience for new players.

On 11/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, Gubbyascension said:

Are there any plans to raise the current level limit for free resets?

As I said above, it's a great suggestion, but it's not something we have immediate plans for, but definitely something we will discuss. Some of us like the idea a lot.

Have you given any consideration about the current prompts appearing to players gaining levels and unlocking abilities/spells?

I don't know if we have taken great consideration into this yet, but you make a great point about it potentially overwhelming new players with how much becomes available.

Are there any plans to reduce the general gap of x17 relevant Random enchants vs x0 or x17 irrelevant Random enchants? (i.e seasoned player vs fresh player)

Absolutely. We have some ideas floating around for the random enchant system that would be a very big overhaul of the system currently with the main idea in mind that we want to lower the power gap it creates between new and seasoned players, but to also try to keep and bring back some of the feeling of wonder when going out and trying to get the RE you really want.

In your mind, what are the flaws and the benefits of your baseline Resilience system?

The immediate benefit that comes to mind is that it shrinks the power gap a bit between newbies and vets in that you have about the same amount of flat damage reduction. It also helps prevent crazy one-shots in PvP to an extent, but of course we have the PvP damage mod system for this as well. It also helps scale back damage in PvP which is a bit needed because of the inflated numbers we have on Ascension. I'd like to turn the first part of the question around, however, and ask you all what you think are the flaws of the system.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:25 AM, RealGuilty said:

Many players "pickable racials" soo not everyone is playing orc / human on thid server .. An plans to introduce that ? :o

It's an interesting idea for sure, but not quite as simple as letting everyone pick anything they want. Even though we might end up with more varied races, we'd end up homogenizing the game a bit as everyone would simply pick from the same 4 or 5 racials.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:19 PM, Karlim said:

Any updates on the ironman concept ?

It's still something in development. We'll definitely share more information with you guys when we have more to share.

On 11/28/2018 at 10:59 PM, Thismongrel said:

Hey, why do they call it an Xbox 360?

I've already heard this one.

On 11/29/2018 at 3:28 AM, RealGuilty said:

What exactly happened to Zenn if I may know ? :/

He's actually working on some videos for us at the moment!

On 11/29/2018 at 4:29 AM, SirGank said:

Are their any plans to add content for players who don't pvp.

We do have plans for more world content to make its way into season 2, but I'm curious what kind of things you would be interested in.

Will the glyph system be like blizzard like or will it be given the ascension treatment and reworked to allow a more classless experience.

It's still a ways off, but we'll likely have custom glyphs in addition to the blizzlike ones.

Will Death knights be added in wrath or is the plan to remove them based on how unbalanced they could make ascension.

Will Death knights be added sooner than wrath or is it set in stone for a wrath launch if they're not removed.

We're still not really sure, but we will likely do our best to make them work in a classless environment. The big issue becomes all players dealing with mana, energy, rage, and now runic power and runes.

When TBC launches will we be able to stack more potions and buffs like how it was in tbc or will we have the limitations that are in wrath. I say this because buff stacking was a large part of tbc raiding.

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to but we will likely have the same 3.3.5 stacking rules which we are currently using.

Will rogues get fan of knives sooner then wrath to help with their almost non existent aoe. and will cats be allowed to cleanse them selves?

Well rogues don't technically exist, right? We don't have any plans to unlock any abilities earlier than they were normally available at this time. We don't have any plans at this time to add a cleanse ability which is usable while shapeshifted.

Will Tier 3 bonuses be left alone or changed like how tier 2.5 was. and if what exactly is the reasoning behind changing the set bonuses.

This isn't set in stone just yet, but likely we will be moving bonuses around and possibly replacing a few. Many of the T3 bonuses are fun or good bonuses, but sometimes they are a bit too high or low on the list, so they will likely move a bit and any that need tuning will be retuned for classless. The reason we have changed the 2.5 sets, and possibly the T3 sets, is because there was a huge disparity between sets. Some bonuses were borderline broken on classless and other were 100% completely useless, so we decided to take the time and make sure each set had its own purpose or niche.

Will the ptr be open always with unlimited orbs and runes

Definitely not. We'll only have the PTR available for short periods of time when we need the community to help with testing.

Is their any plan for when classic wow launches

It's hard to say exactly what will happen when classic releases, but we certainly serve more of a niche than most other Pservers, so it's likely the impact will be felt less here. The plan at the moment is to simply keep doing what we're doing while trying to improve on the design and efficiency.

Why are some builds nerfed when their max potential is with in the range of others yet their are builds who's average dps surpasses tho's builds easily yet they get buffs.

This is a bit of a difficult question to answer. The best I can tell you is that it's an extremely difficult job to properly balance a classless system and it can sometimes be near, if not entirely, impossible to make a change to one thing without having it ripple and begin to affect multiple other things. Of course we do our best to make sure this doesn't happen, but sometimes there's no avoiding it. Especially when we start to look at things like stat conversions.

Will we see more legendary re's for buffs?

If we have any legendaries still under performing then we will definitely bring them up to par, but it's likely that first we will take some enchants down a notch, and create new ones, to make sure the playing field is a bit more even and balanced.

On 11/29/2018 at 4:39 AM, Ascensionsimas said:

What's your current vision with laughing skull and top end items being locked behind pve content and only  available to raiders?

So earlier this year we made it so that you were available to get raid item from out in the world. We've gotten a lot of feedback on this system and will have some changes for it coming up with Season 2. We're planning on changing the system so that you are more likely to get higher ilv loot if you already have high ilv loot equipped. This will not only encourage players to bring their better gear with them when out in the world, but will also bring more sense of progression when farming out in the world and alleviate some of the frustrations of getting that druid T1 piece for the 5th time. So we've got this system, but also the fact that all items are BoE so you always have an opportunity to either purchase your gear from a guild, if raiding isn't your things, or hopefully finding someone out in the world with the gear you're looking for. Which again, we expect to happen much more in Season 2.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:14 AM, Soklava45 said:

With the TBC alpha available, and certain spells that were locked past the lvl 60 cap become available, is there a list of new Re's available anytime before TBC launches so we get a quick scope on what customizations are available when it hits live (Eventualy).

We already have some REs that affect some of the TBC spells, but we don't have any additional REs to share with you at this time.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:14 AM, Soklava45 said:

Will more "general" spells be available anytime soon-(ish?)

Likely not. I think we are more inclined to find a solution to the Staff Mastery spell first so that we could simply deprecate the general tab before adding more spells to it.

On 11/29/2018 at 5:59 AM, chargieqt said:

Are there plans to make Class-Setbonuses from AQT like the Rogue Deathdealer Set viable to all Combopoint attacks like cat abilities?

Not at this time, but it's not something we are unwilling to consider.

On 11/29/2018 at 1:36 PM, krozn said:

Some abilities are very strong relative to others. Both those and others are worth 2 AE, the "weak" does not make sense to take. Balance packs didn’t change much. As a result, we see the same abilities and talents of most players. Rampage, Titan grip, Bladestorm, Death coil, Demon armor + Ice armor + Inner fire, Blink, Windfury weapon and a few more. Special attention to the Divine shield, Deterrence, Ice block, Dispersion. As a result, we see "Ascension class" with a set of the same abilities and buffs + a few on the fan, instead of unique heroes. Do you plan to raise the price of AE on imb skills like Tame beast, or does it not fit into your vision of the game?

Great question. Even in a classless game, there will always be defining builds that are easy to identify as 'classes' and there's not a whole lot we can do to change that perception. If you're playing a TG build with WW and maybe SS, you are still usually seen as a 'TG' or 'TG warrior' build. Even though I could play that same style with Hemo and Rupture for example. That said, recently we have been a bit more focused on buffing 'builds' or making packages that fit nicely into a completed build or play style. Moving forward we will likely take a slight step back from this a try to have a better mix of general improvements and power adjustments to individual spells and abilities versus looking primarily at complete packages.

On 11/29/2018 at 2:29 PM, Sojourn said:

Will something be done with spirit to make it a more desirable stat?

That one is a little tricky as we have TBC around the corner and we imagine Spirit will become a very powerful and desirable stat with talents and REs in their current state. A large part of the reason I don't think we're seeing as much Spirit focused play styles is because Spirit is not readily available on gear in vanilla aside from a few T3 sets. In which case maybe we see some adjustments to builds as early as naxxramas to take advantage of this.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:27 AM, vanere12 said:

When are you releasing the daily orb board, the faster the better. And are you considering any way of making orbs more easily accessible, or buffing the current ways, although i would prefer more efficient ways, so i don't have to just farm elementals for a few hours, dreading that another person comes and ruins it.

I answered part of this a bit above, but Call Boards will be available on Season 2 and we have lots of new ways planned for you to be able to farm for orbs with the season as well.

On 11/30/2018 at 5:49 AM, Venkki said:

Is there any plans to add any additional end-game content for casual/non-raiding players ?

We do have additional lv. 60 content planned for Season 2, most of which will likely make its way over to live.

Will there be any more custom content added to the server

Definitely.

Will there be any leveling adjustments for the current or future content

I'm not 100% certain what you are referring to specifically, but yes we will have changes and new content for leveling in the future.

What are you future plans for PvP

Again, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for in a response, but my best answer is that we are looking to continue releasing new BG, like Eye of the Storm, and balancing PvP content so that it feels more fun to participate in. Other than that we do have some custom things in mind that are PvP oriented.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:48 AM, MistAssassin said:

Do you think there was too big of a delay between the patch announcement (Dev Update 73) and the actual release?

I think we simply had too much content all coming at once. We're going to do better at making smaller, but more frequent changes in the future so it doesn't feel delayed or overwhelming.

On 11/30/2018 at 10:21 AM, Morter said:

Why did you remove the need of reagents on slow fall, levitate, water breathing and water walking?

It was a QoL change we decided to implement because the community had asked for them and we decided that since glyphs would be serving this function in the future we could afford the make the change baseline now. If the community decides they wish to have reagent requirements again then we will happily add them back.

20 hours ago, Kaladin said:

Between VG and Itswicky who is cuter and why is it Kaladin?

Yes, because Itswicky.

20 hours ago, yaowa said:

can i please transmong my caster off hand to a shield? would make me hapi boi yes pls

We've heard a lot of people asking for this. We'll take a look.

19 hours ago, lewtorz said:

It feels as if enveloping shadows is required for raiding AQ40 is this intended? 

-Should we expect to be required to use other damage reduction talents in the future inorder to kill bosses?

'Required' raid abilities and talents is something we'll look at moving forward. We don't think it feels fun to feel forced into certain talents and abilities, like AoE damage reduction, and the AI team honestly doesn't like having to design around them either.

On the subject of hunter pets, are there any way to separate them so they're not the best use of 5 AE for all melee and hunters?

Great question. What do you think would be a way to make we could accomplish that?

With the power creep slowly getting towards 3 times that of vanilla BiS dps, can we expect to see another Stat/scaling squish in the near future?

It's likely we will see power squish happening in the future, but probably in the form of some of our custom systems like stat allocation or REs.

Are the developers alright with these inflated numbers even though it could end up being players being able to do 6k dps in full vanilla bis, which roughly will translate to 16-18k dps in TBC bis and 50-60k in wotlk BIS without the ICC buff. Maybe even higher than that.

We'll likely have damage squishes in the future.

Are there any plans to release a normal class server with the custom abilities, talents, and raid mechanics introduced here?

It's something we've talked about for, but nothing we've committed any development time to. Is that something you would be interested in?

18 hours ago, Thismongrel said:

Are there any plans to ever make a Metamorphosis tank style build actually viable?

We'd love to make that, and many other new play styles viable. I'd be curious to hear about what play styles the community is most interested in.

16 hours ago, Hysteria said:

Are there any plans of making shield+one hand caster options?

We need to first address the Spell Mastery ability, but it's something we'd like to do moving forward.

Any more ideas to rework 5/5 talents?

Definitely.

Do you pay any attention to skill-popularity and plan to do something in regards to least popular, or never-used skills?

It's an approach we relied on heavily in the past, and one we will likely better adopt moving forward.

14 hours ago, Vedartha said:

Would you consider to increase the Bonus Threat granted by Defensive Stance / Bear Form / Righteous Fury to make tanking a little more accessible to new Player so we may see a greater ammount of them ?

We think that tank threat is in a great place at the moment when comparing equally geared dps to tanks.

7 hours ago, omchi said:

how do you find the population on the server and do you guys work on get it to be higher

We absolutely work on getting it higher. We run ads on facebook and many popular WoW Pserver raking sites. We'll be pushing even harder with these advertisements and on our youtube channel once we've released Season 2 and we have our new website up.

Thanks so much for everyone who submitted questions, and sorry again for not being able to get the stream up for you guys to share with you that way, but we definitely will in the near future. If I didn't get to your question in this post then expect to see a response shortly from VG with an answer. Thanks again, and best of wishes to you heroes! ❤️

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, itswicky said:

We do have plans for more world content to make its way into season 2, but I'm curious what kind of things you would be interested in.

It's still a ways off, but we'll likely have custom glyphs in addition to the blizzlike ones.

We're still not really sure, but we will likely do our best to make them work in a classless environment. The big issue becomes all players dealing with mana, energy, rage, and now runic power and runes.

I'm not 100% sure what you're referring to but we will likely have the same 3.3.5 stacking rules which we are currently using.

Well rogues don't technically exist, right? We don't have any plans to unlock any abilities earlier than they were normally available at this time. We don't have any plans at this time to add a cleanse ability which is usable while shapeshifted.

This isn't set in stone just yet, but likely we will be moving bonuses around and possibly replacing a few. Many of the T3 bonuses are fun or good bonuses, but sometimes they are a bit too high or low on the list, so they will likely move a bit and any that need tuning will be retuned for classless. The reason we have changed the 2.5 sets, and possibly the T3 sets, is because there was a huge disparity between sets. Some bonuses were borderline broken on classless and other were 100% completely useless, so we decided to take the time and make sure each set had its own purpose or niche.

Definitely not. We'll only have the PTR available for short periods of time when we need the community to help with testing.

It's hard to say exactly what will happen when classic releases, but we certainly serve more of a niche than most other Pservers, so it's likely the impact will be felt less here. The plan at the moment is to simply keep doing what we're doing while trying to improve on the design and efficiency.

This is a bit of a difficult question to answer. The best I can tell you is that it's an extremely difficult job to properly balance a classless system and it can sometimes be near, if not entirely, impossible to make a change to one thing without having it ripple and begin to affect multiple other things. Of course we do our best to make sure this doesn't happen, but sometimes there's no avoiding it. Especially when we start to look at things like stat conversions.

If we have any legendaries still under performing then we will definitely bring them up to par, but it's likely that first we will take some enchants down a notch, and create new ones, to make sure the playing field is a bit more even and balanced.

1: more achivements and titles that are hard but solo able.  maybe some cosmetic items only available if someone where to do a bunch of hard custom achievements. (basically achievements that don't require a raid or party to do and that aren't possible to get if you have a group)

3: Personally having to manage more resources and weave in and out abilitys with different resources sounds exciting and fun.

4: I mean like allow more buffs (like farming world mobs that drop specific items that buff you and have them stack with other buffs instead of replace). maybe allowing grind stone and item enchants to stack.

5: shame, makes it harder for rogue builds to compete with other builds if they strongly lack and good aoe.

6: I hope not to much, making the good set bonuses require so many items before they unlock will reduce the amount of viable gear pairings.

7: That's a real shame, it's a something the community been asking for a while now and honestly it's needed. There are to many variables that can only be tested in a live raid environment that not having access to a ptr to test builds after seeing how the perform in raids is disappointing, you just end up having to scrap the idea as you don't have the runs or orbs to continue testing and you don't want to take a risk on your last orbs and screw up your build with no way to fix it.

10: Sorry what I mean is like legendary re for Blessing of might, or fort, we already have one for battle shout and mark of the wild, It would be nice to fill them all out.

Edited by SirGank

16 hours ago, Vedartha said:

Would you consider to increase the Bonus Threat granted by Defensive Stance / Bear Form / Righteous Fury to make tanking a little more accessible to new Player so we may see a greater ammount of them ?

We think that tank threat is in a great place at the moment when comparing equally geared dps to tanks.

When i started on Ascension i wanted to tank cause tank = many dungeons to run = a lot of loot / orbs. With my fresh lvl 60 Green/Blue Items it was horrible and i stoped it after 3 runs of dying, getting flamed and people leaving the groups.

"threat is in a great place at the moment"

My NERFED Pets would laugth about that if they could read :o

21 hours ago, lewtorz said:

On the subject of hunter pets, are there any way to separate them so they're not the best use of 5 AE for all melee and hunters?

Great question. What do you think would be a way to make we could accomplish that?

I allready posted some Ideas during the last PTR.

Simple start - increase AP needet to 8 maybe 10.

Take a close look, for 5 AP you get:

- The Pet itself that deals a big ammount of damage

- Culling the Herd (3% damage Buff at all time)

- Most people use Wolf because of its Ferocious Howl (120 AP Buff)

- Roar of Courage a Major DPS Cooldown (10% AP for 20 seconds on a 5 min CD)

Other Idea: The "Fist in your Face" idea - Let Tame Beast reduce the Players damage like TG but let the Pets damage unchanged. Making it uninteresting for not heavy Pet focusing builds.

I have something else in mind but dont know if its possible. May i come up with that when i haveabetter picture of it.

Edited by Vedartha

4 hours ago, itswicky said:
On 11/30/2018 at 10:28 PM, lewtorz said:

I would say something along the lines of tame beast is still 5AE but only allows a pet to be tamed but you can't spec the pet. When you spec beast mastery you get to be able to spec the pet.
In addition the scaling of the pets individual damage could be changed so that it has lower base damage but better ranged attack power scaling.
That or just increase the cost of tame beast to 10AE so it would be too much to include in a normal str melee build.(Not sure how this would hurt agi hunter melee builds)

Edited by lewtorz

Just now, lewtorz said:

I would say something along the lines of tame beast is still 5AE but only allows a pet to be tamed but you can't spec the pet. When you spec beast mastery you get to be able to spec the pet.
In addition the scaling of the pets individual damage could be changed so that it has lower base damage but better ranged attack power scaling.
That or just increase the cost of tame beast to 10AE so it would be too much to include in a normal str melee build.(Not sure how this would hurt agi hunter melee builds)

Doesn't this limit builds who are melee and use a pet?

1 hour ago, SirGank said:

Doesn't this limit builds who are melee and use a pet?

I think that it would just make people have to make harder decisions when choosing abilities. At the moment hunter pets are so strong it's a no brainer.

21 hours ago, itswicky said:

I don't want to sound rude, but on a server with so many bugs and misleading tooltips which Ascension has, you should really consider leaving PTR open. It's really frustrating when you try to create a build and it turns out not working because of a bug of misleading tooltips.

Another reason is that when you make so many changes to spells and REs, it can lead to players being forced to remake their builds entirely, and even though you might be able to exchange your RE's for free, it's likely that you wont replace them with the right REs the first time, and then have to spend orbs anyway. 

Thanks for the answer. How do you feel about increasing the cost of such imba abilities? The same divine shield, ice barrier, ww, blink, death coil are unreasonably small and become decisive in the gameplay of the server. It kills all the variety. Open any Ascension custom video and you will see after death coil and blink... Double babble 

3 hours ago, krozn said:

Thanks for the answer. How do you feel about increasing the cost of such imba abilities? The same divine shield, ice barrier, ww, blink, death coil are unreasonably small and become decisive in the gameplay of the server. It kills all the variety. Open any Ascension custom video and you will see after death coil and blink... Double babble 

As long as builds run around with nukes that takes you from 100 to 0 in a gcd or two, these defensives are an absolute must have. Nerfing them will just result in even more frustrating game play where skill is no existant coz ppl deal 5k+ dmg when they press a button on their keyboard

Edited by Beastly

1 hour ago, Beastly said:

As long as builds run around with nukes that takes you from 100 to 0 in a gcd or two, these defensives are an absolute must have. Nerfing them will just result in even more frustrating game play where skill is no existant coz ppl deal 5k+ dmg when they press a button on their keyboard

Exactly that, Im not even geared, yet I don't have much issue doing that much damage to a player in short spans,overscaling of abilities, whilst tuned down ever since the stat squish is still forcing people into these "immunity" abilities which should be used in clutch situations to reset fights, heal up or in group fights as preventive to save a team mate/other misc usage. Instead you are forcing yourself into the said "immunities" the moment you see a specific spell being cast on you because you are aware "i am going to die now if I don't bubble or iceblock".

Is it an issue? regretably it is a necesary evil currently in this oneshot meta (i'l remind you we still don't have Naxx gear/warlords weaponry, and hp values ain't going much higher even past that, its going to get worse).

That does not mean how ever that nothing can be done against it. For instance, I believe that bubble and iceblock for example should share some form of "union" in terms of cooldown, be it trough the usage of passives such as "forberance/hypothermia" or straight up go on cooldown as you use either of the two. Detterance/dispersion is in a good spot since well..You are silenced and can't use any spells during the duration, and you can be cc'd in dispersion even if you use it for the sake of the massive DR it provides. Bubble and iceblock how ever, whilst counterplayable by the likes of mass dispell and shattering throw, greatly rely on "chance to hit" targets and the lack of knowledge whether the user uses both or just one of the immunities, sometimes forcing you to take both shattering throw and mass dispell at the same time.

Sometimes I ask myself whether the ammount of ability points is enough to fill your spelbook with everything you need for encounters. I mean you get about 30-ish spells in total ranging from buffs,.debufs,defensive and utility spells when you spend both talent and ability points, so keep in mind raising anything up reduces the ammount of utility spells you can take which you may need be it pvp or pve.

• Like 1

Will the PTR be coming again soon, as it was extremely useful not only to test stuff from the new patch, but also try out an existing build before committing orbs to it?

Will Shadow and Flame get the same love that Shamanism received and be reduced to 3 points? 

Also, how would you feel about a conjure spell that summons vendor arrows/ammo for 15 minutes? Nothing too fancy, just normal white arrows for leveling. Spell scales with levels required for different arrows/ammo. Two separate spells.

Lastly, there will be a Ironman challenge, but what about a pacifist challenge? Getting to lvl 60 without killing anything, not assisting in a kill on anything, just quests and herb/mining/crafting? It's probably the toughest challenge to finish and stick to all they way up to 60. Accomplishing it would give a cool transmog item, A shield mainhand (tanks can now look like having double shields) or a ethereal/almost non visible twohander (if there is one available). Breaking the achievement means no reward. Like I said. Hardest to finish. Also, you cannot use a instant 60/potions to increase your level. Any usage of this will fail the achievement.

I've been noticing that a lot more players have been getting banned recently. in an effort to stay transparent will we be given any details such as a report on why they where banned. I say this because in the past I've had players threaten me saying they'ed become admins and get me banned, while I don't personally believe this would happen, it would be nice to have a safeguard in someway to prevent this or at least so we know the ban was just.

We do have better detections now than perviously so this is why you would notice an increase in bans, there will be no specific information into other players behaviours aside from the reason. This includes things such as but not limited to , hacking , exploiting intentionally, abusive behaviour towards players or staff. If you encounter any staff member or person claiming to be staff threatening you please contact our Community Manager, myself or email us at Support@project-ascension.com as we take the integrity of the team very seriously! We want to make sure everybody can feel safe and have fun here.

Will high risk servers in tbc have flying? in the past tbc's flying has be regarded as killing world pvp and seeing as world pvp is the major feature in High risk how will this be done?

We aren't going to unveil our plans just yet but rest assured we do have a plan going forward for this as we know the issues it creates and do not intend to end world pvp as we know it with flying. We do realize TBC is designed with flying in mind and believe our plan will address it in a manner that's still fun!

And lastley, Will veteran players get anything for sticking with ascension through it's up's and down's. we passed the first year anniversary with no celebrating which seems a shame to not give back to players who've stayed with the project for so long.

We appreciate all of our players who have joined us over the time we've been up, no matter how little or much. Everybody's time is precious and the fact that so many have chosen to spend it with us on a project we are all passion about is incredibly fullfilling. The reason we haven't done something like this though is because we feel that rather than a simple platitude we can take the reports people have generously given us and work as hard as we can on them to improve the quality of the server as a whole. I am sure you've seen the increase in activity lately and we are fired up trying to deliver the best experience possible. Something in the future would be possible though! 

On 11/29/2018 at 7:12 AM, AG007 said:

What are your plans for competitive battlegrounds on Ascension?

We have had some ideas for this but at this time we are focusing on fixing what we have so we can roll out exciting features, we want to make sure that when we are ready to have something like this that more of our core gameplay is fixed.

What happend to that one custom battleground that you were working on? We once saw some screenshots of it but then never heard of it afterwards.

- What is the Progress with your custom Battleground project ? 

The custom battleground is still in the works! As you can imagine it is an incredibly ambitious plan but the landscape itself is almost complete. The team is working on fixing many things right now but this is not forgotten by any stretch!

Will we ever have PvP tournaments? Like for example the Instant 60 event back in beta.

Events or tournaments are something that we want to be able to do in a more structured manner however yes, we have thought about this but right now we want to make sure more fixes are out and balancing is done in order to make it the best experience possible for them.

Are you ever going to add some bonuses for high-rank pvpers? For example reduced honor cost on orbs, tmog runes, scrolls etc? Also it would be nice if the r14 weapons would at least require r14 to buy.

We are always looking for ways to make the experience better and right now we've been focusing our efforts on balance and less bugs so we can introduce more players into PVP but this is within the realm of possibility in the future.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, lewtorz said:

-How is the database type website coming along?

Haha I had no idea people knew about that one! That is something I wanted for a while and it's very ambitious but certainly not forgotten. Another amazing volunteer is the brains behind it and we are still wanting to finish it! There will be also some other amazing stuff coming in the future website also sometime after release!

On 11/30/2018 at 9:28 PM, lewtorz said:

-Will the armory on the main site ever be fixed?

We will be looking at getting one but it isn't the highest priority for us at the moment, we will have a great new website soon however so that is one of the things we want to include , as well as some other surprises!

On 12/1/2018 at 3:03 AM, Vedartha said:

2) Did you consider to grant Tanks and Healers some kind of bonus reward for using the RDF (like we had on retail). For example bonus Orbs to increase the ammount of Healer / Tanks in Que.

Yes this is something that has been thought of before! We do want to have some incentive there for positions but believe our focuses on the server quality elsewhere through bug fixes and updates will alleviate a lot of the wait time in dungeons with new players having fun!

Thank you for the questions! I will be answering more in the future and there will be some screenshots posted of some season 2 teasers within the next couple of days! (The thing I am working hard on!)

If you have any other questions that need quicker attention or need assistance please DM me in discord, I am here to help even if I am busy I will get back to you as soon as I can.