TheVG

Questions and Answer Stream With ItsWicky and VG!

E3ab6Yw.png

Hello Everybody! 

I am VG, as you may have noticed I've come out of the back recently and have been doing my best at interacting with everybody to get the players opinions directly, I've been answering questions and talking to many amazing people with fantastic ideas. Some have even joined the team! (apply today!)

With all this in mind I've wanted to do a developer stream where I can answer as many questions as possible and get the feedback but this is a very daunting task!
I am not the man behind the balance and I am sure there will be balance related questions so I've teamed up with the very talented
ItsWicky!

The Plan!

Itswicky and I will host a livestream on our Youtube 

Date: Saturday 1:00pm GMT -6

Duration: 1-2 Hours

The Content

We want your questions

We would like to pick from questions posted here and share the answer on stream, we will also be answering some questions in stream as well!

Ascension Season II

There will be seasonal information in the stream as well as answering as many seasonal related questions as possible!

Giveaways!

We will be including a few giveaways throughout the stream as a token of our apprecation for coming and interacting with us! We truly appreciate everybody who takes time to be with us and participate in something we all believe in passionately.

Thank you from The Ascension Team

• Like 1

Will we see some kind of redesign towards the low level / leveling experience on Ascension in the future? 
I think a huge part of getting players and keeping them is getting them acclimated to the custom systems before they hit 60, and reducing the learning curve of the game while at the same time letting them actually experience the custom content that's been designed.

• Thanks 1

Similar to what Skray mentions:

Are there any plans to raise the current level limit for free resets? (For example 20) You currently level awfully fast just getting to 10, and in the process, there is barely any time to catch up on playing around with things without being punished later on for wasting full resets/money. This is the result of halved xp 1-20 and x2 quest rewards.

Have you given any consideration about the current prompts appearing to players gaining levels and unlocking abilities/spells? At higher levels, you usually tend to unlock a shit ton throughout every tree, and the UI will sometimes spam you for almost 30 seconds, with the player given no option to control it. Is UI not something the player should majorly have control of by him or herself, and instead not be overwhelmed by, but instead be able to study at his or her own pace?

Are there any plans to reduce the general gap of x17 relevant Random enchants vs x0 or x17 irrelevant Random enchants? (i.e seasoned player vs fresh player)

In your mind, what are the flaws and the benefits of your baseline Resilience system?

Edited by Gubbyascension
  • Thanks 1

Many players "pickable racials" soo not everyone is playing orc / human on thid server .. An plans to introduce that ? :o

• Thanks 2

Are their any plans to add content for players who don't pvp. As a veteran ascension player there isn't much to do out side of raids once you've farmed a hundreds of orbs and runes. At the moment if you don't pvp you're pretty much just raid logging as their isn't anything left to do.

Will we ever get a chance to pick and choose racial? maybe add a third essence  that way we can pick races based on model type rather then stats.

Will the glyph system be like blizzard like or will it be given the ascension treatment and reworked to allow a more classless experience.

Will Death knights be added in wrath or is the plan to remove them based on how unbalanced they could make ascension.

Will Death knights be added sooner than wrath or is it set in stone for a wrath launch if they're not removed.

Will we see more customer general abilitys and maybe talents

When TBC launches will we be able to stack more potions and buffs like how it was in tbc or will we have the limitations that are in wrath. I say this because buff stacking was a large part of tbc raiding.

Will rogues get fan of knives sooner then wrath to help with their almost non existent aoe. and will cats be allowed to cleanse them selves?

Will Tier 3 bonuses be left alone or changed like how tier 2.5 was. and if what exactly is the reasoning behind changing the set bonuses.

Will the ptr be open always with unlimited orbs and runes, this is a request that many in the community have been asking for, the argument I've seen against is that if everyone finds all the builds no one's gonna want to play, but we've seen the opposite of this every time the ptr's been open and allowed for unlimited respect orbs and runes.

Is their any plan for when classic wow launches, I know that ascension is a customer server with unique features but it will still be hit with a population decrease.

Why where transmog runes increased in price from their original 100g.

I've been noticing that a lot more players have been getting banned recently. in an effort to stay transparent will we be given any details such as a report on why they where banned. I say this because in the past I've had players threaten me saying they'ed become admins and get me banned, while I don't personally believe this would happen, it would be nice to have a safeguard in someway to prevent this or at least so we know the ban was just.

After leveling a few alts I've noticed that fresh 60's have a very hard time getting orbs and runes, if their isn't a group farimg DM:E or if the invasion isn't up it's almost impossible to get orbs in a efficient manner, even when invasions are up they end up being not worth it if one or more players are already their, I've seen many new players quite because their's no constant and efficent solo method of farming orbs and runes.

Why are some builds nerfed when their max potential is with in the range of others yet their are builds who's average dps surpasses tho's builds easily yet they get buffs.

Will we see more legendary re's for buffs?

Will high risk servers in tbc have flying? in the past tbc's flying has be regarded as killing world pvp and seeing as world pvp is the major feature in High risk how will this be done?

And lastley, Will veteran players get anything for sticking with ascension through it's up's and down's. we passed the first year anniversary with no celebrating which seems a shame to not give back to players who've stayed with the project for so long.

Edited by SirGank

What's your current vision with laughing skull and top end items being locked behind pve content and only  available to raiders? Do you feel like newest raid items should be unlocked on world drops only when final boss of instances is downed, or when raiders already have full bis items from that raid, or you will only unlock aq items when naxxramas get realeased and everyone who doesn't pve on pvp focused realm should always be 1 tier behind?

• Thanks 2

With the TBC alpha available, and certain spells that were locked past the lvl 60 cap become available, is there a list of new Re's available anytime before TBC launches so we get a quick scope on what customizations are available when it hits live (Eventualy).

Will more "general" spells be available anytime soon-(ish?), cause frankly, the general tab existing with a single spell inside feels like a waste of code that could have been placed anywhere inside any caster tab instead (mage).It used to have dualwield inside as well once uppon a time, but I can't remember when that was removed exactly. Like..I don't know...Wipe all racials and slap them inside? Humans/orcs seem to dominate racial charts and its annoying to walk your main town to see a very small ammount of diversity bar transmog feature that masks this but very briefly. You can only look at as many horseman pumpkin heads before you realize that a bunch of orcs are inside them.

Are there plans to make Class-Setbonuses from AQT like the Rogue Deathdealer Set viable to all Combopoint attacks like cat abilities?

What are your plans for competitive battlegrounds on Ascension?

What happend to that one custom battleground that you were working on? We once saw some screenshots of it but then never heard of it afterwards.

Will we ever have PvP tournaments? Like for example the Instant 60 event back in beta.

Are you ever going to add some bonuses for high-rank pvpers? For example reduced honor cost on orbs, tmog runes, scrolls etc? Also it would be nice if the r14 weapons would at least require r14 to buy.

6 hours ago, Ascensionsimas said:

What's your current vision with laughing skull and top end items being locked behind pve content and only  available to raiders? Do you feel like newest raid items should be unlocked on world drops only when final boss of instances is downed, or when raiders already have full bis items from that raid, or you will only unlock aq items when naxxramas get realeased and everyone who doesn't pve on pvp focused realm should always be 1 tier behind?

This.
There's a single guild on LS doing AQ40. The best loot of the game goes to ppl doing instanced PvE on a wPvP server. If you want people to go into the world, they need INCENTIVE to do so.

The economy is completely dead. There's very few items that are actually worth anything on the server at this time. Everyone is fully decked out in BWL gear, and AQ gear would really give reason to log in for a lot of players, yet when new gear is introduced it's for a niche audience (a single guild on the entire server).

If you go into world with gear as it is right now, you risk ALOT and the chance of you getting anything worth anything at all is suuuper low (like really REALLY low).

Are you ever gonna give PvP'ers a way to obtain upgrades (tokens that reward gear, hotspots with special mobs that rewards stuff - other than useless stuff or a few orbs)?

What if PvP'ers had some way of getting rewards that you can ONLY get through going into the world?

Edited by Beastly

Some abilities are very strong relative to others. Both those and others are worth 2 AE, the "weak" does not make sense to take. Balance packs didn’t change much. As a result, we see the same abilities and talents of most players. Rampage, Titan grip, Bladestorm, Death coil, Demon armor + Ice armor + Inner fire, Blink, Windfury weapon and a few more. Special attention to the Divine shield, Deterrence, Ice block, Dispersion. As a result, we see "Ascension class" with a set of the same abilities and buffs + a few on the fan, instead of unique heroes. Do you plan to raise the price of AE on imb skills like Tame beast, or does it not fit into your vision of the game?

Will something be done with spirit to make it a more desirable stat?  (talents, REs, etc)

11 hours ago, Sojourn said:

Will something be done with spirit to make it a more desirable stat?  (talents, REs, etc)

Spirit is already an extremely strong Stat as it is mate, if you haven't kept up to date with the most recent patch changes I suggest going through them

12 hours ago, krozn said:

Some abilities are very strong relative to others. Both those and others are worth 2 AE, the "weak" does not make sense to take. Balance packs didn’t change much. As a result, we see the same abilities and talents of most players. Rampage, Titan grip, Bladestorm, Death coil, Demon armor + Ice armor + Inner fire, Blink, Windfury weapon and a few more. Special attention to the Divine shield, Deterrence, Ice block, Dispersion. As a result, we see "Ascension class" with a set of the same abilities and buffs + a few on the fan, instead of unique heroes. Do you plan to raise the price of AE on imb skills like Tame beast, or does it not fit into your vision of the game?

You want to increase the AE cost of an ability that costs 5TE that requires you to gear for ranged attackpower and spend a minimum of 5 to 15 talents and an additional 6AE just to make it worth having... I can't see this being reasonable at all

39 minutes ago, M33RKATz said:

Spirit is already an extremely strong Stat as it is mate, if you haven't kept up to date with the most recent patch changes I suggest going through them

I can't see this being true tbh, it requires a lot of investment to even get the mp5 while casting, and spirit values on gear isn't amazing, atleast not on the good gear.

12 hours ago, Sojourn said:

14 minutes ago, vanere12 said:

I can't see this being true tbh, it requires a lot of investment to even get the mp5 while casting, and spirit values on gear isn't amazing, atleast not on the good gear.

Spirit, as it is now, are completely fine. We got spirit-based healers as well as shadow dot builds who benefits a lot from spirit.

You need to remember that spirit will get a lot more relevant in TBC when we can get Fel Armor and Molten Armor. So I really dont see a reason to touch spirit right now.

Mystic orbs are a very big issue in my eyes atm, there's 2 ways to farm it, 1 of them being DM:E chain running, and the other being elemental invasion.

DM:E is just plain boring, and it's not easy to solo farm it, and getting a group of 5 people who wants to do it over and over can also be an issue.

Elemental invasions are nice IF you're alone at the spot, and it's actually up, which is not always.

So my question is. When are you releasing the daily orb board, the faster the better. And are you considering any way of making orbs more easily accessible, or buffing the current ways, although i would prefer more efficient ways, so i don't have to just farm elementals for a few hours, dreading that another person comes and ruins it.

Hi Ascension team,

- Is there any plans to add any additional end-game content for casual/non-raiding players ? (since the current dungeon rewards aren't as competitive as they were)

- What is the Progress with your custom Battleground project ? 

- Will there be any more custom content added to the server ? (Dungeons/Raids/Zones/Quests/Events/IronMan etc)

- Will there be any leveling adjustments for the current or future content ? 

- What are you future plans for PvP ?

Do you think there was too big of a delay between the patch announcement (Dev Update 73) and the actual release? Would you work on better timing of announcements? At least for me most of the hype has died by now.

Here goes a simple one: Why did you remove the need of reagents on slow fall, levitate, water breathing and water walking? Even if it was a pain in the ass i personally think it was a nice touch, so, if possible, i would really appreciate adding back the need of them. Thank you very much and keep up the good work!

Sincerely, a new hero.

• Like 1