Jyria

Discussion about seasonal release

So as far as I've noticed in discord is that the newest season will be out before Christmas as the dev VG said a few days ago. But since its in the end of November already would it not be a better idea to release it after Christmas?

Most people will be busy before and on the christmas days so it seems more reasonable to release it after Christmas to get the max amount of playerbase that can actively play on the seasonal.

This is ofcourse my own current oppinion and I kinda wanna hear others too about the optimal release date of the seasonal.

Indeed, i would agree with this because my family gets super busy and i have very little time at all to even play during this time like probably most people that celebrate Christmas, it would be better to release after Christmas, hell if you do you could also do a special after Christmas event, idk though, but it would be alot more convenient for an after Christmas seasonal, the player base would also probably double if it was after Christmas and they all just got their presents which means they might have that sweet sweet cash monies as well ik im at least gonna get like a few hundred bucks this Christmas

Heck naw. Better to release it ASAP since there are so many players taking a break from the server waiting for new content. If there was any delayed release then it should be released on the 24th so the most people get the most time to play it when its first released because of Christmas break.

Edited by Hexent
  • Like 1

Hey Gentlemen!

An important note for the frame of this discussion. We built the infrastructure for season 2 up immensely. That means we developed tools and methodology to put these seasons out much faster moving forward. Just a noteworthy mention, we could easily have seasons back to back if we wanted! 

Merge Andorhal and LS pls. Find a middleground for both systems. Population on LS is abysmal. 

3 minutes ago, Peel2g said:

Merge Andorhal and LS pls. Find a middleground for both systems. Population on LS is abysmal. 

We fear any middleground would be making compromises to each audience and effectively making the experience worse for both.

We're extremely confident that what Season 2 brings will correct a lot of fundamental issues on LS. Make no mistake, more people come to Ascension for LS, but they leave due to the nature of the systems in place right now. We've addressed a handful of them in Season 1 with Karma and Honorable combat. We plan to address remaining issues with World Event content and PvP balance in season 2.

Edit: We'll have some more specific info on S2 coming extremely soon.

17 hours ago, Solstice said:

Hey Gentlemen!

An important note for the frame of this discussion. We built the infrastructure for season 2 up immensely. That means we developed tools and methodology to put these seasons out much faster moving forward. Just a noteworthy mention, we could easily have seasons back to back if we wanted! 

well thats good to know at least.

20 hours ago, Hexent said:

Heck naw. Better to release it ASAP since there are so many players taking a break from the server waiting for new content. If there was any delayed release then it should be released on the 24th so the most people get the most time to play it when its first released because of Christmas break.

just so you know not everyone on ascension is in school some have jobs and obligations such as children and family so Christmas break isn't really a viable reason to push it out and if anything my job would work me the entire week before Christmas and after it, that is to say my previous job. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

18 hours ago, Peel2g said:

I actually made a suggestion that would work with merging the two. I wont post the link since a couple toxic forum posters ruined the discussion but it basically suggested that they could make the High Risk features of LS an "in city only" toggle that can only be switched every 48hrs. So...kinda like war mode in Battle For Azeroth. It may require a bunch of work on the devs part including figuring out how to make the gear binding (or lack there of) work with the the non-high risk players. Though I think making all gear BOE with or without high risk turned on would be best. But in the end combining LS and Andorhol would provide many benefits like only having to worry about one server and encouraging more players to try high risk. 

1 hour ago, Qub3 said:

well thats good to know at least.

just so you know not everyone on ascension is in school some have jobs and obligations such as children and family so Christmas break isn't really a viable reason to push it out and if anything my job would work me the entire week before Christmas and after it, that is to say my previous job. ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

I know. I myself have a job that has me busiest during Christmas break. But the 24th to 26th is probably when the most players would have the most free time.

18 hours ago, Solstice said:

We fear any middleground would be making compromises to each audience and effectively making the experience worse for both.

We're extremely confident that what Season 2 brings will correct a lot of fundamental issues on LS. Make no mistake, more people come to Ascension for LS, but they leave due to the nature of the systems in place right now. We've addressed a handful of them in Season 1 with Karma and Honorable combat. We plan to address remaining issues with World Event content and PvP balance in season 2.

The karma system actually encourages the issue it was meant. That is assuming the intended problem to fix was excessive ganking. This is because many players enjoy playing "the bad guy". You guys should have not put main city conveniences in the goblin towns if you wanted there to be a meaningful deterrent or repercussions for too much ganking/crimes. As for honorable combat...this doesn't effect outlaws since they usually gank solo in unfair ways (like only attacking weaker, questing, or combat engaged players) anyways. All it does is keep law enforcers and weaker players from forming posses to stop them.

Anyways, I think we got a little off subject discussing the server merging there. 

17 minutes ago, Hexent said:

The karma system actually encourages the issue it was meant. That is assuming the intended problem to fix was excessive ganking. This is because many players enjoy playing "the bad guy". You guys should have not put main city conveniences in the goblin towns if you wanted there to be a meaningful deterrent or repercussions for too much ganking/crimes. As for honorable combat...this doesn't effect outlaws since they usually gank solo in unfair ways (like only attacking weaker, questing, or combat engaged players) anyways. All it does is keep law enforcers and weaker players from forming posses to stop them.

Anyways, I think we got a little off subject discussing the server merging there. 

Fortunately, this isn't the case. Karma on its own encouraged people to make friends, lowered the pvp deaths in the early levels per player, and aided in retention. Checkout the extensive data here

40 minutes ago, Solstice said:

Fortunately, this isn't the case. Karma on its own encouraged people to make friends, lowered the pvp deaths in the early levels per player, and aided in retention. Checkout the extensive data here

Perhaps you're right. I never tried high risk before season one. It probably did improve the situation. Though I think it still needs much work. Hopefully season 2 will bring about the ideal high risk pvp. 

P.s. Sorry if my reply sounded rude. I'm not trying to sound rude but it's been one of those days for me and my words don't sound as intended. You guys are doing great work btw. I don't agree with all your decisions but I recognize quality work when I see it.

• Like 1

On 12/6/2018 at 8:17 PM, Hexent said:

I actually made a suggestion that would work with merging the two. I wont post the link since a couple toxic forum posters ruined the discussion but it basically suggested that they could make the High Risk features of LS an "in city only" toggle that can only be switched every 48hrs. So...kinda like war mode in Battle For Azeroth. It may require a bunch of work on the devs part including figuring out how to make the gear binding (or lack there of) work with the the non-high risk players. Though I think making all gear BOE with or without high risk turned on would be best. But in the end combining LS and Andorhol would provide many benefits like only having to worry about one server and encouraging more players to try high risk. 

Nah bro... high risk would mean that they had to disable soulbound gear and have it nonsoulbound which would remove the Core underlying idea of Andorhal! No gucci 

I wish there was ironman mode too. Its upcoming feature Im most excited about. Oh well, I guess Wildcard mode will do for now

Edited by mindw0rk

On 12/6/2018 at 2:30 AM, Peel2g said:

I gave up on hoping they ever do it even though I think it would be the best thing ever for Ascension

On 12/6/2018 at 2:33 AM, Solstice said:

Thats not an excuse. You can always ask community what they want. High risk PvP mode could be toggled like on retail, the system proved to be working there great. And I dont think many people at Andorhal would be heavily against items being BoE.

Edited by mindw0rk

4 hours ago, mindw0rk said:

I gave up on hoping they ever do it even though I think it would be the best thing ever for Ascension

Thats not an excuse. You can always ask community what they want. High risk PvP mode could be toggled like on retail, the system proved to be working there great. And I dont think many people at Andorhal would be heavily against items being BoE.

The LS fanboys that don't play LS would vote it down.

Edited by Hexent
  • Like 1

I wish there was ironman mode too. Its upcoming feature Im most excited about. Oh well, I guess Wildcard mode will do for now

I won't be touching either modes while on season 2 unless these new changes have completely fixed the pvp climate of high risk.

Agreed 

Agreed 

On 12/5/2018 at 5:33 PM, Solstice said:

Hey Solstice. Why not try this idea for season 3? Just to see what the majority of the players think. You could let them vote for a merger. I'm sure some of us who want it would realize its a bad idea while other who currently think its a bad idea will change their mind. We can't really be sure until we experience it for real. And, if a merging of the two legacy realms is voted down after trying this for a season then the suggestion/request could be put to rest for good.

Edited by Hexent